You are here

2016 Sudio Reverb not being scanned into Reaper

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
fetusink
Joined: Sep 15 2016
Posts: 2

2016 Sudio Reverb not being scanned into Reaper

fetusink
September 16, 2016 - 10:54 am

I've seen numerous other posts about this so I'm assuming this is definitely an Eventide issue, especially since I've never once had an issue like this in my many years of using VSTs. Basically, I've installed 2016 Sudio Reverb, and when I had gone into Reaper and re-scanned my VSTs initially, it did in fact show up. I tried to load it in, and got an error saying that it needed to be activated in iLok first. I shut down reaper, signed into my iLok manager, and activated it. When I went back to Reaper, it no longer showed up. I tried deleting the VST from my VST folder and reinstalling. This also did nothing. I can no longer get 2016 Studio Rever to show in my DAW.  

I know someone will ask "Are you sure it's in the right directory?", and yes, I can absolutely say that it is. The .dll is sitting right along with my Native Instrument stuff and more. If I go into Jeskola Buzz and manually force the .dll in as a VST, it works, so there seems to be an issue with the .dll actually being seen by DAWs, not that the .dll as a playable VST is actually defective, and I don't know what to do about that. 

I'll take any help I can get! Thanks

tlongabaugh's picture
Eventide Staff
tlongabaugh
Joined: May 29 2014
Posts: 1008
tlongabaugh
September 16, 2016 - 11:30 am

Hi-

Have you tried rescanning your plug-ins from the Reaper preferences? It's at Options->Preferences->VST->Clear cache/re-scan.

If you have tried that, please do the following:

1. Deactivate 2016 Stereo Room
2. Delete the plug-in from the following locations:
-AAX32: c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\Eventide\<plugin name>.aaxplugin
-AAX64: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\Eventide\<plugin name>.aaxplugin
-VST32: c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\Eventide\<plugin name>.dll
-VST64: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\Eventide\<plugin name>.dll
-Presets: c:\Users\<user name>\My Documents\Eventide\<plugin name>\Presets
-Any custom folder you installed 2016 to.
4. Open your DAW and rescan you plug-ins, and then shut your DAW again.
5. Reinstall your plug-in, making sure you are using the latest version: https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins
  If you are installing to a custom folder, make absolutely sure you are installing the correct 32 or 64-bit version.
6. Reactivate 2016 Stereo Room
6. Reopen Reaper, and if necessary, rescan your plug-ins.
 
Let me know how that goes.
 
Best,
Tom
Costner199
Joined: Sep 17 2016
Posts: 2
Costner199
September 18, 2016 - 12:28 pm

I did all that you described above but not only did that not work but when I try to re-install the plug in I get the message that the serial # & license keys have already been used, so I'm stuck with no way to reinstall the plug in. I'm using reaper version 4.77/x64 and Windows 10. I got this offer from registering my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. I've since updated my reaper to v5.24. Can you send me a new S/N & License key...I'd like to try this plug in?

 

TLongabaugh wrote:

Hi-

Have you tried rescanning your plug-ins from the Reaper preferences? It's at Options->Preferences->VST->Clear cache/re-scan.

If you have tried that, please do the following:

1. Deactivate 2016 Stereo Room

2. Delete the plug-in from the following locations:

-AAX32: c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\Eventide\<plugin name>.aaxplugin

-AAX64: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\Eventide\<plugin name>.aaxplugin

-VST32: c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\Eventide\<plugin name>.dll

-VST64: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\Eventide\<plugin name>.dll

-Presets: c:\Users\<user name>\My Documents\Eventide\<plugin name>\Presets

-Any custom folder you installed 2016 to.

4. Open your DAW and rescan you plug-ins, and then shut your DAW again.

5. Reinstall your plug-in, making sure you are using the latest version: https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins

  If you are installing to a custom folder, make absolutely sure you are installing the correct 32 or 64-bit version.

6. Reactivate 2016 Stereo Room

6. Reopen Reaper, and if necessary, rescan your plug-ins.

 

Let me know how that goes.

 

Best,

Tom

gkellum's picture
gkellum
Joined: Mar 2 2011
Posts: 2280
gkellum
September 18, 2016 - 01:38 pm

Costner199 wrote:

I did all that you described above but not only did that not work but when I try to re-install the plug in I get the message that the serial # & license keys have already been used, so I'm stuck with no way to reinstall the plug in.

When you try to re-install the plug-in you get the message that the serial number and license key have been already used?  When you run the installer to install the plug-in, it doesn't ask for the serial number and license key for the plugin.  The only time this is asked for is when you register the plugin on Eventide's website to get the license in the first place.  You can only go through the registration process once, but that also wasn't in the instructions that Tom posted above.

Costner199
Joined: Sep 17 2016
Posts: 2
Costner199
September 18, 2016 - 05:43 pm

gkellum wrote:

Costner199 wrote:

I did all that you described above but not only did that not work but when I try to re-install the plug in I get the message that the serial # & license keys have already been used, so I'm stuck with no way to reinstall the plug in.

When you try to re-install the plug-in you get the message that the serial number and license key have been already used?  When you run the installer to install the plug-in, it doesn't ask for the serial number and license key for the plugin.  The only time this is asked for is when you register the plugin on Eventide's website to get the license in the first place.  You can only go through the registration process once, but that also wasn't in the instructions that Tom posted above.

You're right...I thought that since i deleted everything I would have to start from scratch but I got everything working. Thanks for your response, I thought I was at a dead end but your response got me to dig deeper and find the answers!

Guilly Piva
Joined: Dec 8 2016
Posts: 2
Guilly Piva
December 08, 2016 - 05:17 pm

My  2016 Studio Reverb is not being scanned into reaper, did all these steps you told before but it doens't work. I have the newest version of it...Please help me !

Guilly Piva
Joined: Dec 8 2016
Posts: 2
Guilly Piva
December 08, 2016 - 05:20 pm

My  2016 Studio Reverb is not being scanned into reaper, did all these steps you told before but it doens't work. I have the newest version of it...Please help me !

tlongabaugh's picture
Eventide Staff
tlongabaugh
Joined: May 29 2014
Posts: 1008
tlongabaugh
December 09, 2016 - 11:33 am

Guilly Piva wrote:

My  2016 Studio Reverb is not being scanned into reaper, did all these steps you told before but it doens't work. I have the newest version of it...Please help me !

Hi-

Please make sure you have the most recent version of the plug-in, and iLok License Manager. If/once you do, try the information in this thread: https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/plug-ins/intermittant-vali...