You are here

do i need to unregister Blackhole, or bad idea?

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Boynigel
Joined: Feb 16 2014
Posts: 90

do i need to unregister Blackhole, or bad idea?

Boynigel
August 25, 2016 - 11:29 am

i recently purchased the blackhole plugin.  when i registered it on eventide's site, i entered a typo when i gave them my ilok username and unfortunately they did not kick it back as an invalid account.  so no have no blackhole plugin.

i see that i have the option to unregister it but i'm hesitant as i'm concerned that if i go back to register it, my serial & key numbers will have been rendered invalid in the unregistering process.  

does anyone know if my concern is unwarranted and all i need to do is unregister, and then re-register it?  trying to avoid opening a whole new can of worms in the event that my concerns are correct.

gkellum's picture
gkellum
Joined: Mar 2 2011
Posts: 2280
gkellum
August 25, 2016 - 11:34 am

Boynigel wrote:

does anyone know if my concern is unwarranted and all i need to do is unregister, and then re-register it?  trying to avoid opening a whole new can of worms in the event that my concerns are correct.

No actually your concers are warranted.  Simply unregistering and re-registering isn't going to help.  Do you know by chance what the iLok account was that you incorrectly entered?  We'd want to revoke that license and issue you a new one.  In any case it would be best if you sent an email to support@eventide.com, and let us know what iLok account you sent the license to (if you remember it) as well where you purchased the plugin license from.  If you could forward us the purchase receipt, that might be helpful.

Boynigel
Joined: Feb 16 2014
Posts: 90
Boynigel
August 25, 2016 - 11:50 am

gkellum wrote:

Boynigel wrote:

does anyone know if my concern is unwarranted and all i need to do is unregister, and then re-register it?  trying to avoid opening a whole new can of worms in the event that my concerns are correct.

No actually your concers are warranted.  Simply unregistering and re-registering isn't going to help.  Do you know by chance what the iLok account was that you incorrectly entered?  We'd want to revoke that license and issue you a new one.  In any case it would be best if you sent an email to support@eventide.com, and let us know what iLok account you sent the license to (if you remember it) as well where you purchased the plugin license from.  If you could forward us the purchase receipt, that might be helpful.

 

yes, i DO know the incorrectly entered username and i supplied that info along with all the other pertinent info at the link you gave but i'm going on two days now with no response so i'd see if i could get a quick answer here.  i only have a paypal receipt as purchased it on ebay.  seller rec'd plugin as a promo with akai hardware.  never registered it because he already owns the plugin.  solid seller so i have no real reason to doubt him.  i'm sure i'd be up and running had i not entered my ilok username wrong.

gkellum's picture
gkellum
Joined: Mar 2 2011
Posts: 2280
gkellum
August 25, 2016 - 11:53 am

Boynigel wrote:

yes, i DO know the incorrectly entered username and i supplied that info along with all the other pertinent info at the link you gave but i'm going on two days now with no response so i'd see if i could get a quick answer here.

Ok, I'm sorry to hear that you've been waiting so long.  My colleague that normally does support is on vacation this week, and the rest of us obviously aren't doing as good of a job as he normally does.  I'll see if I can't find your email and take care of this for you.

 

Boynigel
Joined: Feb 16 2014
Posts: 90
Boynigel
August 25, 2016 - 11:56 am

gkellum wrote:

Boynigel wrote:

yes, i DO know the incorrectly entered username and i supplied that info along with all the other pertinent info at the link you gave but i'm going on two days now with no response so i'd see if i could get a quick answer here.

Ok, I'm sorry to hear that you've been waiting so long.  My colleague that normally does support is on vacation this week, and the rest of us obviously aren't doing as good of a job as he normally does.  I'll see if I can't find your email and take care of this for you.

 

 

thank you sir, most appreciated!

 

gkellum's picture
gkellum
Joined: Mar 2 2011
Posts: 2280
gkellum
August 25, 2016 - 12:02 pm

Boynigel wrote:

thank you sir, most appreciated!

Sure, no problem.  You should have just been sent an email with a new Blackhole serial number and product key.

There was a user with the iLok account you entered by mistake.  So, I just revoked that license.

Boynigel
Joined: Feb 16 2014
Posts: 90
Boynigel
August 25, 2016 - 12:24 pm

gkellum wrote:

Boynigel wrote:

thank you sir, most appreciated!

Sure, no problem.  You should have just been sent an email with a new Blackhole serial number and product key.

There was a user with the iLok account you entered by mistake.  So, I just revoked that license.

i'm up and running, thanks!  the other user having the name i entered incorrectly explains why it got approved i guess.  good argument for making usernames more unique!