You are here

192 tuner

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
2oldman

192 tuner

2oldman
April 13, 2011 - 11:30 pm

I'm stumped on how to use this tuner.  Nothing seems to happen.. no matter what button I press.  Any help?

2oldman
2oldman
April 15, 2011 - 01:21 pm

Nobody?

badmelonfarmer's picture
badmelonfarmer
badmelonfarmer
April 15, 2011 - 04:35 pm

Hi,

I had not used the tuner before, only have the Eclipse a few weeks, but your post prompted me to try.

I am a guitar player and am not convinced it it the most useful tuner for a guitar players needs ie what we are used to looking at, but it did seem to work for me.

the things I noticed that were different...

1. It does not work in Bypass mode (Guitar players might expect this)

2. The standard display has a line that you must get to the centre, but it looks like a 50% complete bar, rather than a needle

3. You can click on the pitch and it will display the +/- cents to the string you are on

4.The note button just displays the note ....eg E6 and not if it is flat or sharp.

It is a different looking tuner, it seems to work, but I think it will take a bit of getting used to.

Not saying it is bad, just not what I am used to as a Guitar player.

Are you seeing anything like this??

For reference I have it in the FX-Loop of a modelling unit and I found it better if I bypassed the modelling unit FX.

2oldman
2oldman
April 15, 2011 - 06:15 pm

Thanks.  I'll try again, but so far nothing moves.  I don't need a tuner I have to get used to - I'm busy enough programming presets. I have a $29 tuner that knows what note I'm playing without any learning curve.

Assuming that's your Tele, I have one too.  1969 Paisley (which is mostly gone).

badmelonfarmer's picture
badmelonfarmer
badmelonfarmer
April 16, 2011 - 07:38 am

well it definitely works, but I can not see me using it.

seems you have to jump between 2 screens, one to find the note and then one to see how much it is out by +/- cents.

cant see that you could use the cents on its own in a noisy environment as you might be at Eb or F rather than E.

It's cool it's in there, but I think I will stick to my normal tuner.

Yeah that is my Tele, it's a Custom Shop 51 Nocaster .... LOVE it!

Old Paisley tele, nice!! I bet that looks really cool with the real life relic treatment!