You are here

2nd switch doesn't work on either H8000fw pedal input.

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
lxs

2nd switch doesn't work on either H8000fw pedal input.

lxs
October 30, 2009 - 12:07 pm

Hi,

I've been trying to get my foot switches working with the H8000fw.

I have a range of sources (Boss fv-300L, m-audio m-gear ex-p, yamaha latched foot switches, boss latching and unlatching, modified digitech fs3x etc).

With nothing plugged in to either H8000fw pedal input, with both heels set at 0% and both toes set at 100%, I get :-

- a reading on pedal 1 that fluctuates between 97.4% and 99.6%

- a reading on pedal 2 that remains at 75.3%

The expression pedals work fine in either input (allowing for calibration in the range of +- 3%). I can get a sweep from both pedals 2% and 98% (uncalibrated), give or take a percent, depending on the pedal.

However, when I connect any footswitch(es) using any y-cord (or a dual footswitch with a stereo jack), I only get a reading from one side of the cord:-

- a depressed switch on pedal 1 will read as a steady 0% depressed and a slightly fluctuating 98% unpressed

- a depressed switch on pedal 2 will read as a steady 0% depressed and as a steady 75.5% unpressed

The 2nd pedal appears to add or subtract no value either on its own or in conjunction with the 1st pedal.

I've read and re-read Eventide info on pedals, switches, y-cords, calibration etc. I've checked for faulty cables etc. I have a Roland vg-99 (etc) which perfectly uses a similar y-cord to dual switch setup. So ....

• (1) Are my inputs faulty or does the second switch normally display no change in readable value in the calibration page?
  • (2) Is there a patch that contains some sort of visible feedback from a potential 6-switch setup? For confirmation purposes ...
  • (3) If my pedal inputs are damaged, should my skilled electronics friend be able to do a small repair on a component (I hope to not have to ship my unit trans-atlantic-ly for a new pot/capacitor) ?
  • (4) And lastly, is it easy to damage these inputs?

Sincerely,

Alexis Nealon

nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose
nickrose
October 30, 2009 - 12:17 pm

It sounds like you are plugging switches into the pedal inputs and using "pedal" as a control source - this would give you the results you described (only the switch connected to the tip would have an effect - that's how pedals work).

If this is the case, the solution is simple - set the control source to "tip" or "ring" as appropriate.

lxs
lxs
October 30, 2009 - 01:00 pm

Thanks Nick,

You were right. I was looking for verification of the tip/ring values in the pedals setup. I thought that the switches might need to be calibrated to work correctly. All seems to be well now,

A