You are here

4.04 - Where is the download?

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
plaid_emu

4.04 - Where is the download?

plaid_emu
March 02, 2014 - 03:51 pm

So I noticed on the Gearslutz forum that two people recently bought an Eclipse with 4.04 software:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electronic-music-production/903705-eventide-eclipse-question.html

I was just doing the upgrade rounds in my little setup and checked the Eventide support site. Still only 4.01 is available.

Maybe it's not really a relevant update, but that anal retentive side of me wants to completely upgrade everything today.

nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose
nickrose
March 04, 2014 - 12:08 pm

Sorry - 4.04 was produced to deal with some of our internal production and test issues. It is functionally the same as 4.01.

In general, we do not believe that non-beneficial upgrades help our users. Every upgrade takes time, has a small but real risk of breaking something, and can cause confusion among both our users and our support staff. So, if you really need 4.04, you'll have to buy a new Eclipse. Sorry.

plaid_emu
plaid_emu
March 04, 2014 - 12:32 pm

Just put my order in with Sweetwater for a 4.04 Eclipse.

Just kidding!

I wasn't sure if the upgrade had any relevance. Glad to know I'm not missing out on anything.

Thanks for answering my query.