You are here

Can't find the Ultra Pitch Shifter algorithms in the H9000 manual's list

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
brysava's picture
brysava

Can't find the Ultra Pitch Shifter algorithms in the H9000 manual's list

brysava
April 28, 2018 - 08:38 am

Hi

I was looking through the list of algorithms in the H9000 manual and could not find the Ultra Shifters. I know that the H9000 is supposed to contain everything from the H8000. Are these missing or did I just not find them in the list. Or maybe they're stil to come? The list in the H9000 manual skips from #5530 to #5709, which is where these are located in the H8000 preset list manual.

Thanks

nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose
nickrose
April 28, 2018 - 08:39 am

Currently the H9000 does not support Ultrashifter, Big Sampler or Custom Scales. There are various technical and operational reasons for this. We may add them at a later date.

brysava's picture
brysava
brysava
April 28, 2018 - 08:46 am

Thanks Nick for the clarification. I knew about the sampler and the custom scales from previous posts, but I'll look forward to the Ultra Shifters being added back to the flagship line up, as well as the capability of tap tempo from a foot switch, which is critical to have for live use.

brysava's picture
brysava
brysava
April 28, 2018 - 09:03 am

nickrose wrote:

Currently the H9000 does not support Ultrashifter, Big Sampler or Custom Scales. There are various technical and operational reasons for this. We may add them at a later date.

Thanks Nick for the clarification. I knew about the lack of Custom Scales and Sampler from previous posts, so it's at least good to know what not to expect initially. Hoping to see the Ultra Shifters added back to the flagship unit, as well as the important ability to do tap tempo from a footswitch, which is critical for live use.

nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose
nickrose
May 02, 2018 - 09:57 pm

brysava wrote:

as well as the capability of tap tempo from a foot switch, which is critical to have for live use.

I happen to know that they are working on the tap tempo switch ...

brysava's picture
brysava
brysava
May 02, 2018 - 10:23 pm

nickrose]</p>
<p>[quote=brysava
wrote:

as well as the capability of tap tempo from a foot switch, which is critical to have for live use.

I happen to know that they are working on the tap tempo switch ...

Thanks Nick for the update!

tmoravan
tmoravan
May 07, 2019 - 08:04 pm

Rather than start a new thread, I'm piggybacking on this similar one.

Any update on UltraShifters?  Also - what is the plan for the PitchTime algorithms?

There's an EZSqueeze, but I was looking for all the stuff in the 36xx block.

thanks.

studionebula
studionebula
November 10, 2020 - 12:17 am

Here's another humble request for porting the Ultrashifter algorithms to the H9000. It's faintly ironic that I had an H8000FW for about ten years but to my recollection I almost never used these algorithms. I sold the H8000 after buying the H9000. Tonight I was reading through the presets in the old H8000 manual (because they're cough cough easier to find in that manual if you're browsing) and several of the Ultrashifter-based algorithms sound like they'd be useful for a piece I'm working on. But alas...

I'll put in a vote for the restoration of custom scales, although I realize that there are probably even fewer people who use those than the Ultrashifter.

Thanks.

wedelich's picture
Eventide Staff
wedelich
wedelich
November 10, 2020 - 03:01 pm

studionebula wrote:

Here's another humble request for porting the Ultrashifter algorithms to the H9000. It's faintly ironic that I had an H8000FW for about ten years but to my recollection I almost never used these algorithms. I sold the H8000 after buying the H9000. Tonight I was reading through the presets in the old H8000 manual (because they're cough cough easier to find in that manual if you're browsing) and several of the Ultrashifter-based algorithms sound like they'd be useful for a piece I'm working on. But alas...

I'll put in a vote for the restoration of custom scales, although I realize that there are probably even fewer people who use those than the Ultrashifter.

Thanks.

Duly noted. We hear you. Re: UltraShifter - I didn't want to do a direct port of the original Ultrashifter b/c it was designed for 2 tandem 24 Mhz fixed point processors and had at least a 50 msec latency, not super real-time for a formant preserving/manipulating pitchshifter. So we're starting over for the new ARM processors. Good news is there's a lot more research out there as a starting point compared to almost 20 years ago! I don't have a timeline unfortunately, but it's on the list. 

Customshift for custom scales will most likely come first. It's also on the updates list. 

studionebula
studionebula
November 10, 2020 - 03:51 pm

wedelich wrote:

We hear you. Re: UltraShifter - I didn't want to do a direct port of the original Ultrashifter b/c it was designed for 2 tandem 24 Mhz fixed point processors and had at least a 50 msec latency, not super real-time for a formant preserving/manipulating pitchshifter. So we're starting over for the new ARM processors. Good news is there's a lot more research out there as a starting point compared to almost 20 years ago! I don't have a timeline unfortunately, but it's on the list. 

Understood, thanks. No timeline necessary. I just happened to stumble into a situation wherein a formant-shifting effect could be put to good use and wanted to express my interest here.

wedelich wrote:

Customshift for custom scales will most likely come first. It's also on the updates list. 

That will actually be more useful to me on the whole, so that's good news!

Thomlin's picture
Thomlin
Thomlin
November 14, 2020 - 04:48 am

I will also Hijack this thread instead of creating a new one...

Plate and spring doesn't seem to work when using 96kHz. Will this be fixed or is there something I'm missing? 

John Baylies's picture
Eventide Staff
Check out my Eventide Gear
John Baylies
John Baylies (My Eventide Gear)
November 15, 2020 - 12:26 am

Thomlin wrote:

I will also Hijack this thread instead of creating a new one...

Plate and spring doesn't seem to work when using 96kHz. Will this be fixed or is there something I'm missing?

There's a list of algorithms that don't work at 96k here: https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/list-h9000-algorithms-wo...

The devs are working on making them compatible, but I can't promise a timeline for that.

tmoravan
tmoravan
February 06, 2021 - 05:54 am

Any updates on the Ultrashifter (and friends) re-code?

I know 3 months seems like a long time to folks, but I also happen to write software for a living and in programmer time, 3 months can seem like a few weeks.

thanks

jamandibles
jamandibles
March 23, 2021 - 07:40 pm

I'm also wondering what happened to 1518 "Digital Flyby" and other algorithms? some were featured in some youtube demos and sounded amazing, but now they're... gone?

tbskoglund's picture
Eventide Staff
tbskoglund
tbskoglund
March 25, 2021 - 02:58 pm

jamandibles wrote:

I'm also wondering what happened to 1518 "Digital Flyby" and other algorithms? some were featured in some youtube demos and sounded amazing, but now they're... gone?

It doesn't seem like 1518 Digital Flyby was ever an H9000 algorithm looking at the algorithm list, it is not included on the H8000's list of algorithms either. I'm not sure which product this algorithm is from, but the H9000 does have 3315 Fly-by, 5814 Jet Fly By, and 5832 5.1 Jet Flyby

jamandibles
jamandibles
March 25, 2021 - 03:17 pm

tbskoglund wrote:

jamandibles wrote:

It doesn't seem like 1518 Digital Flyby was ever an H9000 algorithm looking at the algorithm list, it is not included on the H8000's list of algorithms either. I'm not sure which product this algorithm is from, but the H9000 does have 3315 Fly-by, 5814 Jet Fly By, and 5832 5.1 Jet Flyby

Oh, that's odd because it appears here: https://youtu.be/Qfc9ghZirYQ?t=123

Thanks for your reply!

tbskoglund's picture
Eventide Staff
tbskoglund
tbskoglund
March 25, 2021 - 03:26 pm

jamandibles wrote:

tbskoglund wrote:

jamandibles wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

Oh that explains it. He's scrolling through and loading FX Chain presets in that part of the video, not algorithms. Digital Flyby is an FX chain preset :) 

jamandibles
jamandibles
March 25, 2021 - 04:09 pm

tbskoglund wrote:

jamandibles wrote:

tbskoglund wrote:

jamandibles wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

Oh that explains it. He's scrolling through and loading FX Chain presets in that part of the video, not algorithms. Digital Flyby is an FX chain preset :) 

right on, thanks!

angel

fadersolo
fadersolo
March 30, 2021 - 07:21 pm

I'm following along here and hoping for good news on the Ultra Shifters getting ported to the H9000.

jamandibles
jamandibles
May 17, 2021 - 10:57 pm

any updates on the ultra pitch shifter development?

tbskoglund's picture
Eventide Staff
tbskoglund
tbskoglund
May 18, 2021 - 03:18 pm

jamandibles wrote:

any updates on the ultra pitch shifter development?

Sorry, nothing at the moment. We'll be sure to bump this thread when there are updates. Thanks for your patience.

John Baylies's picture
Eventide Staff
Check out my Eventide Gear
John Baylies
John Baylies (My Eventide Gear)
May 18, 2021 - 04:30 pm

studionebula wrote:

Tonight I was reading through the presets in the old H8000 manual (because they're cough cough easier to find in that manual if you're browsing)

The manual's been updated: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h9000/content/appendix/algorithms/...

You can use the search bar on that page to find anything in the manual, which includes every algorithm's description. For example: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h9000/search.html?q=fuzz

studionebula
studionebula
May 18, 2021 - 05:58 pm

John Baylies wrote:

The manual's been updated: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h9000/content/appendix/algorithms/...

Oh, many thanks to you and/or whomever worked on that. It looks great, and I'm sure that it was quite a job. Thank you!

tmoravan
tmoravan
May 18, 2021 - 06:51 pm

John Baylies wrote:

studionebula wrote:

Tonight I was reading through the presets in the old H8000 manual (because they're cough cough easier to find in that manual if you're browsing)

You can use the search bar on that page to find anything in the manual, which includes every algorithm's description. For example: https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/manuals/h9000/search.html?q=fuzz

For those of us that don't always have a computer booted up and/or don't always have Emote, is there like you know, an old school PDF version or something that we can print out on our 9-pin dot matrix printers?  

Even though there's a computer in the studio, the last thing I want to do is to turn away from the H9000 front panel just to look something up part-way across the room and move the mouse and keyboard back onto the mixing board.

(I actually love tearing off the edge feed holes on them).

tmoravan
tmoravan
May 19, 2021 - 05:26 am

I see the PDF is up now in the Documentation section, thanks.

KarenP3
KarenP3
May 26, 2021 - 12:50 pm

jamandibles wrote:

tbskoglund wrote:

jamandibles wrote:

Oh, that's odd because it appears here: https://youtu.be/Qfc9ghZirYQ?t=123 employee monitoring

Thanks for your reply!

Now everything is clear, it turns out that he scrolls and loads the FX Chain presets in this part of the video, and not in the algorithms. Digital Flyby is an effect chain preset, funny)