You are here

Eclipse midi program numbers.

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
guitarplyr
Joined: Apr 3 2015
Posts: 14

Eclipse midi program numbers.

June 11, 2019 - 08:12 pm

Hi,

Just picked up an Eclipse running 4.01 firmware and cant seem to find in the manual or anywhere online about shifting the program numbers. All of my units and my foot controller start at program #1 and have the option to to start at zero if need be.  Unfortunately the Eclipse starts with Zero (0) making each patch I load and store 1 behind which can get a bit confusing when saving presets. I read the manual and it seems it has nothing to do with Midi Mapping so I am not sure if it would be in the midi bank select messages?  I am sure I am just overlooking something simple but this is just driving me nuts!!  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose
Joined: Jan 17 2008
Posts: 4329
June 11, 2019 - 09:01 pm

It sounds like you have a number of options:

1) If the Eclipse starts at zero and your controllers can be set to start at zero, this could be a solution.

2) If the above is not true, you can use the MIDI map to connect any Program Change to any Program.

This is less difficult than you think it is.

 

guitarplyr
Joined: Apr 3 2015
Posts: 14
June 11, 2019 - 10:27 pm

nickrose wrote:

It sounds like you have a number of options:

1) If the Eclipse starts at zero and your controllers can be set to start at zero, this could be a solution.

2) If the above is not true, you can use the MIDI map to connect any Program Change to any Program.

This is less difficult than you think it is.

 

Hi Nick,

I would rather program the Eclipse to start at one rather than reprogram all my other units and controller, but it seems when I use the Midi map to assign the presets its one off. In other words, if I use Midi map one and lets say I want to store preset #15 on program change # 15 so when I hit my controller for preset 15 thats what will come up on the Eclipse, I actually have to use program change #14 because the Eclipse starts at zero in the Program Change #. Is there any way to have that start at one instead of zero? Thanks.

nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose
Joined: Jan 17 2008
Posts: 4329
June 12, 2019 - 08:49 am

guitarplyr wrote:

Is there any way to have that start at one instead of zero? Thanks.

Sorry - no.

 

guitarplyr
Joined: Apr 3 2015
Posts: 14
June 12, 2019 - 02:15 pm

nickrose wrote:

guitarplyr wrote:

Is there any way to have that start at one instead of zero? Thanks.

Sorry - no.

 

Well, I guess that limits my options then.. ! LOL  I'm sure after a while I can get used to it. Much easier than reprogramming everything else at this point. Thanks very much for the swift answers!  Cheers.