You are here

Eventide H9000

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
ThreeFingersOfLove's picture
ThreeFingersOfLove

Eventide H9000

December 12, 2016 - 03:59 am

Beans have been spilled about this lovely puppy:

1. Is it going to be presented in NAMM 2017?

2. Do we have an estimate regarding the price?

3. Will we be able to call up / edit algorithms within a DAW? Much like loading plugins in a channel strip?

smiley

Very excited about this :-)

Eventide Staff
AAgnello

H9000

December 18, 2016 - 04:15 pm

It's been a multi-year effort and  it's not yet ready for prime time. Mid to late '17 is our best estimate. We're not ready to go into detail about the planned features but, in response to your questions:

1. Is it going to be presented in NAMM 2017? No

2. Do we have an estimate regarding the price? Bit more money than an H8000. Blank front panel version should be a bit less than an H8000.

3. Will we be able to call up / edit algorithms within a DAW? Much like loading plugins in a channel strip? We're developing a remote app than can run stand-alone or as a  plugin. 

ThreeFingersOfLove

Eventide H9000

December 18, 2016 - 04:35 pm

Great! Take your time, I am sure you will deliver an excellent product :-)

tonyshred

Will Vsig be history?  

December 20, 2016 - 04:35 pm

Will Vsig be history?

Eventide Staff
AAgnello

VSIG

December 20, 2016 - 05:33 pm

The H9000 can have up to 16  ARM cores (16 DSPs) and lots of audio I/O. Be a terrible waste of such a huge audio processing resouce to not have VSIG (or something like it). I doubt that FCS will have VSIG support but we don't have a FCS date, so who knows?... Right now we have to focus on FCS.

tonyshred

Don't get me wrong, I used

December 20, 2016 - 05:37 pm

Don't get me wrong, I used Vsig a lot, and wrote the midi virtual racks and others that's on the H8000, so I do see it's advantages. 

ThreeFingersOfLove

AAgnello wrote:

December 21, 2016 - 01:15 am

AAgnello wrote:

Be a terrible waste of such a huge audio processing resouce to not have VSIG (or something like it).

Do you intend to make this future VSig app backwards compatible with the H8000FW?

Eventide Staff
AAgnello

VSIG

December 21, 2016 - 09:43 am
ThreeFingersOfLove wrote:

AAgnello wrote:

Be a terrible waste of such a huge audio processing resouce to not have VSIG (or something like it).

Do you intend to make this future VSig app backwards compatible with the H8000FW?

VSIG support for H9000 is current plan but as yet unscheduled.

Navarre

Hi Eventide team, 

December 23, 2016 - 04:19 pm

Hi Eventide team, 

I heard that some IOS app will remote the new H9000. But will the H9000 profit a hardware remote like Evenet was for the H8000 ? 

Thanks ! 

Given To Fly

From what I am reading in

December 24, 2016 - 09:07 am

From what I am reading in this thread, it sounds like the H9000 will come in multiple configurations similar to the H9's tiered hierarchy? As for the 16 ARM DSP processors, I have no frame of reference to compare that too. Can you offer safely offer one? 

tmoravan

AAgnello wrote:

December 27, 2016 - 07:00 am

AAgnello wrote:

It's been a multi-year effort and  it's not yet ready for prime time. Mid to late '17 is our best estimate.

I just wanted to chime in as an owner/user of many of the Eventide boxes over the years (and currently still using a pair of H8000's) and say thank you to Mr. Agnello for the contributions you have made to audio.  I still remember the first time I heard the Stereo Room preset on the SP-2016 - amazing.  Just made everything sent through it sound better.

SkyWriter

Would you be able to tell us

January 05, 2017 - 06:48 pm

Would you be able to tell us if the H9000 had upgradeable DSP's, or would we have to buy it with a fixed amount of DSP power and that would be the end of it? Perhaps factory upgrades to base unit would be possible?

I have an H3000, GTR4000 and a H8000FW, not to mention 5 H9's. An additional upgrade to the line would be terrific! I'm not to keen on soft remotes with a blank front panel, although it's clear that it's the least expensive way to handle it. Thank you for keeping the rackmount product line alive!

realpancake

Excited!

January 11, 2017 - 12:46 pm

Considering selling my Orville and a few choice peices to fund this when it finally arrives.... The design update looks fairly clean, I just hope the rotary is as heavy and satisfying as on other units as it looks to be flush here?!

MFPhouse

Upgrade

February 16, 2017 - 10:12 am

Perhaps they offer an Upgrade Price ?

More than excited !heart

ThreeFingersOfLove

How is this coming along? Any

April 11, 2017 - 07:49 am

How is this coming along? Any news here??

alphastormer

MY GODDDD!!!!! WHEN WILL THIS

April 12, 2017 - 10:21 pm

MY GODDDD!!!!! WHEN WILL THIS BE OUT!!!!! LOOKS LIKE HEAVEN!!

Ulven

Quick question: I have

June 11, 2017 - 03:59 pm

Quick question: I have written about 200 of my own presets on my H8000FW, stored on a CF-card.

Is it going to be possible to convert those to the new H9000 if I decide to uppgrade?

Eventide Staff
AAgnello

H8000FW presets

June 11, 2017 - 04:15 pm

We're working on making that possible. We've created a system to confirm that the H8000 presets behave and sound the same when running on the H9000. So far, the majority test OK but there are still some that need work. The challenge comes from the fact that the H8000 is based on a fixed point DSP chip while the H9000 is ARM based. The H9000 is still a work-in-progress.

Ulven

AAgnello wrote:

June 14, 2017 - 05:02 am

AAgnello wrote:

We're working on making that possible. We've created a system to confirm that the H8000 presets behave and sound the same when running on the H9000. So far, the majority test OK but there are still some that need work. The challenge comes from the fact that the H8000 is based on a fixed point DSP chip while the H9000 is ARM based.

Thanks. Glad to hear that you are working on it. I currently have two H8000FW and planing to keep one of them. It would be nice to be able to convert some of the presets into the new maschine so that I don't have to start from scratch programing my own presets.

AAgnello wrote:

The H9000 is still a work-in-progress.

Take your time :-) 

SkyWriter

ARM? Too bad you can't just

June 21, 2017 - 12:10 pm

ARM? Too bad you can't just write the app for the iPad's ARM and skip the NRE of building hardware.

AAgnello wrote:

We're working on making that possible. We've created a system to confirm that the H8000 presets behave and sound the same when running on the H9000. So far, the majority test OK but there are still some that need work. The challenge comes from the fact that the H8000 is based on a fixed point DSP chip while the H9000 is ARM based. The H9000 is still a work-in-progress.

vaultstudio

H9000

July 04, 2017 - 08:42 pm

Status of H9000.........since I purchased long time ago an H8000fw that was marketed with plug-in feature that never materialized!

Medoclou

Awesome news! I've been

July 07, 2017 - 01:16 pm

Awesome news! I've been waiting years for this! :-)

I've got one request though: Please make it USB-C only (!). Everyone who can afford the H9000 will be able to buy a cable from C to A if needed.

It would be annoying to buy a new product with already outdated USB sockets.

Looking forward to the release!

romax

the silence is killing me!

July 23, 2017 - 08:41 pm

the silence is killing me!

Navarre

Hardware remote

July 24, 2017 - 03:15 pm

Hi Eventide team, 

I already did post this once, but had no answer. Perhaps i'll have more chance this time.

I heard that some IOS app will remote the new H9000. But will the H9000 profit a hardware remote like Evenet was for the H8000 ? 

Thanks ! 

Eventide Staff
AAgnello

H9000

July 24, 2017 - 03:30 pm

Navarre wrote:

Hi Eventide team, 

I already did post this once, but had no answer. Perhaps i'll have more chance this time.

Thanks ! 

We do not have plans to design a dedicated remote controller. We are developing a software application for remote control. Like the H9000 itself it is a work-in-progress. The spec for this app calls for versions that run on Mac or PC. We also hope to be able to offer it for mobile devices.  

Eventide Staff
AAgnello

SkyWriter wrote:

July 24, 2017 - 03:33 pm

SkyWriter wrote:

ARM? Too bad you can't just write the app for the iPad's ARM and skip the NRE of building hardware.

AAgnello wrote:

The H9000 will hold up to 4 quad-core ARMs so that it can run 16 H8000-class algorithms simultaneously. 

romax

are you able to share a

July 24, 2017 - 06:16 pm

are you able to share a release month/quarter and/or price direction?

Eventide Staff
AAgnello

romax wrote:

July 25, 2017 - 09:16 am

romax wrote:

The H9000 project has been running for several years already. Porting our entire library of DSP functions and effects from optimized code for a DSP chip to ARM was a large effort. We continue to work on opitimizing some key functions for ARM.

We  now have several prototypes running and we're working on the remote app as well as expansion hardware boards to support various audio network interfaces (e.g. Dante). Pre-production hardware has been released. I hesitate to predict when we can ship the first unit to a customer. My guess is that we need another 5 or 6 months. Please note that I've never been a good guesser. 

We have not finalized manufacturing costs so the list price is still in question. The goal is to offer two versions of the H9000. Full front panel version will be a bit more pricey than the H8000 but there will be a blank front panel version that we hope will be at the H8000 price mark or even a bit lower. We believe that if we get the remote app right, a front panel will be nice to have but not necessary for many people.  

MFPhouse

Eventide H9000

July 25, 2017 - 10:16 am

...anyway, take your time!  A good product needs its time. Better than a semi-finished machine ... the market is brimming with it. Do you already have beta testers? Perhaps we can help you optimize old Presets from H8000 or/and some new Stuff etc etc  ...?

ThreeFingersOfLove

I would also like to help, if

July 25, 2017 - 12:02 pm

I would also like to help, if you need any beta testers.

Given To Fly

I could not help but notice….

July 26, 2017 - 01:28 am

AAgnello wrote:

romax wrote:

The H9000 project has been running for several years already. Porting our entire library of DSP functions and effects from the optimized code for a DSP chip to ARM was a large effort. We continue to work on optimizing some key functions for ARM.

We now have several prototypes running and we're working on the remote app as well as expansion hardware boards to support various audio network interfaces (e.g. Dante). Pre-production hardware has been released. I hesitate to predict when we can ship the first unit to a customer. My guess is that we need another 5 or 6 months. Please note that I've never been a good guesser. 

We have not finalized manufacturing costs so the list price is still in question. The goal is to offer two versions of the H9000. Full front panel version will be a bit more pricey than the H8000 but there will be a blank front panel version that we hope will be at the H8000 price mark or even a bit lower. We believe that if we get the remote app right, a front panel will be nice to have but not necessary for many people.  

I could not help but notice, the H9 pedal and H9 Control App share a similar relationship to the remote app and the H9000 as described above. To a limited extent, was the H9/H9 Control an R&D project for the H9000? Just a little conspiracy for you. 

Speaking of the H9, I do not feel like I am going out on a limb in saying it has been a successful and profitable product for Eventide. Your customer base must have significantly grown because of it (and because of the Factor pedals). You have invested a lot of time and money into H9 Control so I suspect future iterations of an H9, H90, H900 (just suggestions) would be in the works at some point, yes? I just feel there will be a rather large gap between the H9 and H9000 (understandably so because they are two different products) that could be filled with a number of potential Eventide products. I also feel this has occurred to you before now. I just wanted to show my support. 

romax

AAgnello wrote:

July 31, 2017 - 09:10 am

AAgnello wrote:

romax wrote:

thank you for your feedback, good things come to those who wait (and work)! 

The H9000 project has been running for several years already. Porting our entire library of DSP functions and effects from optimized code for a DSP chip to ARM was a large effort. We continue to work on opitimizing some key functions for ARM.

We  now have several prototypes running and we're working on the remote app as well as expansion hardware boards to support various audio network interfaces (e.g. Dante). Pre-production hardware has been released. I hesitate to predict when we can ship the first unit to a customer. My guess is that we need another 5 or 6 months. Please note that I've never been a good guesser. 

mtclearwave

Saving all settings when saving Presets

August 12, 2017 - 06:08 am

It would be really great if ALL parametters (Preset and System) could be saved with each custom Preset.