You are here

Eventide H9000

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

218 posts / 0 new
Last post
NikosGuitar

jbamberg wrote:

January 06, 2018 - 04:59 am

jbamberg wrote:

ThreeFingersOfLove wrote:

Any news about VSig support for the new H9000? Or maybe some other platform where we can build or modify presets?

Hi ThreeFingersOfLove,

We are working on a version of VSig that will work with the H9000.  We hope to have it ready for public beta when we start shipping the hardware.

will this new version of Vsig work for the H8000fw as well?

...i would love to see the Vsig with new modules that will work for the H8000fw!

Thank you!

hamidoo

Converter

January 06, 2018 - 10:24 am

hello dear eventide Folks ,

was wondering if you could comment a little on what to expect from the converters of the H9000 ?

can we expect someting sonically similar to the H 8000 ?

it would really helpful to find out , 

many thanks 

nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose

hamidoo wrote:

January 06, 2018 - 11:38 am

hamidoo wrote:

was wondering if you could comment a little on what to expect from the converters of the H9000 ?

The D/A has similar performance to that of the H8000, the A/D is quite a bit better.

Eventide Staff
jbamberg

NikosGuitar wrote:

January 08, 2018 - 10:12 am

NikosGuitar wrote:

...i would love to see the Vsig with new modules that will work for the H8000fw!

Thank you!

Hi NikosGuitar,

It's unlikely that we will be able to support both the H9000 and the H8000FW in this version of Vsig.  We have ported the existing modules to the new ARM architecture, but it would be a herculean task to back-port the new modules to the H8000FW DSP architecture.  Are there any specific modules you are interested in?

ThreeFingersOfLove's picture
ThreeFingersOfLove

jbamberg wrote:

January 08, 2018 - 10:43 am

jbamberg wrote:

NikosGuitar wrote:

Thank you!

Hi NikosGuitar,

It's unlikely that we will be able to support both the H9000 and the H8000FW in this version of Vsig.  We have ported the existing modules to the new ARM architecture, but it would be a herculean task to back-port the new modules to the H8000FW DSP architecture.  Are there any specific modules you are interested in?

Does this mean that H8000 backwards compatiblity is completely of the question in general or it just won't be supported in "this" version of Vsig?

Eventide Staff
jbamberg

NikosGuitar wrote:

January 08, 2018 - 12:10 pm

NikosGuitar wrote:

Does this mean that H8000 backwards compatiblity is completely of the question in general or it just won't be supported in "this" version of Vsig?

I think we will be able to continue to maintain a version of Vsig for the H8000FW, but its collection of modules may diverge from that offered in the H9000 (in particular, new modules may be available in the H9000 but not the H8000FW).  In other words, you might expect to have updates and bug fixes to Vsig itself, but not to the modules.

Medoclou

Medoclou wrote:

January 13, 2018 - 07:02 am

Medoclou wrote:

Awesome news! I've been waiting years for this! :-)

I've got one request though: Please make it USB-C only (!). Everyone who can afford the H9000 will be able to buy a cable from C to A if needed.

It would be annoying to buy a new product with already outdated USB sockets.

Looking forward to the release!

Any comments on this?

nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose

Medoclou wrote:

January 13, 2018 - 12:04 pm

Medoclou wrote:

I've got one request though: Please make it USB-C only (!). Everyone who can afford the H9000 will be able to buy a cable from C to A if needed.

Any comments on this?

You will be annoyed. The H9K has been a long time in development, and the hardware decisions were made before USB-C was widely available.

On the plus side, it has multichannel USB audio.

wilkinsi's picture
wilkinsi

I won't be annoyed.  None of

January 13, 2018 - 06:29 pm

I won't be annoyed.  None of my gear has USB-C. cool

Medoclou

nickrose wrote:

January 14, 2018 - 01:26 pm

nickrose wrote:

Medoclou wrote:

Any comments on this?

You will be annoyed. The H9K has been a long time in development, and the hardware decisions were made before USB-C was widely available.

On the plus side, it has multichannel USB audio.

Too bad, thank you for the answer anyway! 

drrd

Eventide H9000

January 16, 2018 - 05:31 am

Hello. I have a question about the new H9000's ARM processors and ported algorithms. Eventide have been clear in the past that the H7600/8000 were fully 'fixed point' processing input to output. Does this change at all with the H9000? Does this new hardware/software change mean a change to floating point? Thanks

Eventide Staff
jbamberg

drrd wrote:

January 16, 2018 - 11:32 am

drrd wrote:

Hello. I have a question about the new H9000's ARM processors and ported algorithms. Eventide have been clear in the past that the H7600/8000 were fully 'fixed point' processing input to output. Does this change at all with the H9000? Does this new hardware/software change mean a change to floating point? Thanks

That's correct - we have ported our DSP code to floating point for the new platform.

drrd

jbamberg wrote:

January 16, 2018 - 11:46 am

jbamberg wrote:

drrd wrote:

That's correct - we have ported our DSP code to floating point for the new platform.

Thanks for the quick reply but, eek, not the one I was hoping for. I shall keep an open mind/ear though.

ThreeFingersOfLove

DSP power

January 18, 2018 - 04:32 am

How many ARM processors does the H9000 have?

How much more powerful are compared to a) the Motorola DSP in the H8000FW and b) current Sharc processors?

What were the factors that were evaluated by you guys at Eventide for chosing the one over other DSPs?

Eventide Staff
AAgnello

January 18, 2018 - 06:25 am

How many ARM processors does the H9000 have?

Four quad core processors. Each core is powerful enough to run the algorithms that run on a single motorola dsp used in the H8000. In other words the H9000 can run 16 algorithms compared to 2 on an H8000.

How much more powerful are compared to a) the Motorola DSP in the H8000FW and b) current Sharc processors?

Not a simple question. DSPs are micros with a special architecture optimized to run signal processing routines. They were first introduced in the early 80s and all of our hardware processors have been DSP based until now. We have always anticipated that, one day, general purpose processors would advance in speed and functionality to be able to handle the kind of things that we need and love to do. Specialized processors like DSP chips are targeted at narrower markets, in the case of DSP mainly telecomm and the development tools tend to be more limited than the tools available to programmers of general purpose processors. Simply put, there are many many more developers writing code for general purpose processors like Intel and ARM than for any DSP chip. And, chip manufacturers have put much more investment in furthering the sheer speed and functionality of general purpose micros. We have been planning for the day that ARM chips would allow us to make the transition and that day has come.

What were the factors that were evaluated by you guys at Eventide for choosing the one over other DSPs?

Mainly the better, more advanced development tools. Quicker development of complicated algorithms, shorter learning curve for new developers. But also the simple fact that chip manufacturers are advancing the state of the art of general purpose processors much more rapidly than DSP. That's where the money is. For example, Freescale/NXP made a decision to stop development of new DSPs in favor of ARM because the sheer horsepower precludes the need for specialized architecture. We considered SHARC but determined general purpose is the future and, with the H9000 now running our complex algorithms on a single core of a quad device, the future is now. One further benefit of a DSP platform based on general purpose processors is the simple fact that third parties will find it easier to develop new algorithms for our platform. It's much easier to port a VST plugin, for example ,to an ARM than to a DSP chip.

M-Goldie

aagnello wrote:

January 18, 2018 - 07:27 am

aagnello wrote:

...Quicker development of complicated algorithms, shorter learning curve for new developers. But also the simple fact that chip manufacturers are advancing the state of the art of general purpose processors much more rapidly than DSP. That's where the money is. For example, Freescale/NXP made a decision to stop development of new DSPs in favor of ARM because the sheer horsepower precludes the need for specialized architecture. We considered SHARC but determined general purpose is the future and, with the H9000 now running our complex algorithms on a single core of a quad device, the future is now. One further benefit of a DSP platform based on general purpose processors is the simple fact that third parties will find it easier to develop new algorithms for our platform. It's much easier to port a VST plugin, for example ,to an ARM than to a DSP chip.

Great info!

Do you have a release date on this yet? I'm keen on the blank faceplate version... :)

ThreeFingersOfLove

Thanks a lot for the swift

January 18, 2018 - 07:37 am

Thanks a lot for the swift and detailed response.

Does that mean that as ARM processors evolve, new/faster ones will be able to be installed in the H9000? Sounds like a very open system to me! In any case, I hope everything works out with Eventide's decision regarding the processors/architecture!

Eventide Staff
AAgnello

M-Goldie wrote:

January 18, 2018 - 08:12 am
M-Goldie wrote:

aagnello wrote:

...Quicker development of complicated algorithms, shorter learning curve for new developers. But also the simple fact that chip manufacturers are advancing the state of the art of general purpose processors much more rapidly than DSP. That's where the money is. For example, Freescale/NXP made a decision to stop development of new DSPs in favor of ARM because the sheer horsepower precludes the need for specialized architecture. We considered SHARC but determined general purpose is the future and, with the H9000 now running our complex algorithms on a single core of a quad device, the future is now. One further benefit of a DSP platform based on general purpose processors is the simple fact that third parties will find it easier to develop new algorithms for our platform. It's much easier to port a VST plugin, for example ,to an ARM than to a DSP chip.

Great info!

Do you have a release date on this yet? I'm keen on the blank faceplate version... :)

Fair question and I wish we could commit to a specific date. The remote control app is a lot of code and we've been working on it for quite a while. We'll go to beta with the Mac version first and it may not be feature complete at first. We had hoped to hit the date that we mentioned last year, March 31 but I fear it's likely to slip. We have a few people testing internally and we're focused on bug fixing/reliability. The H9000 firmware continues to be improved and optimized and that creates a bit of a 'moving target' situation.

Eventide Staff
jbamberg

January 18, 2018 - 08:13 am

Does that mean that as ARM processors evolve, new/faster ones will be able to be installed in the H9000?

Yes, this is exactly what we were anticipating when we designed the DSP cards as plug-in modules.  We're planning to update them as more powerful ARM processors become available, giving H9000 users an upgrade path without having to replace the IO hardware, front panel, chassis, etc.

Eventide Staff
AAgnello

January 18, 2018 - 08:19 am

Thanks a lot for the swift and detailed response.

Does that mean that as ARM processors evolve, new/faster ones will be able to be installed in the H9000? Sounds like a very open system to me! In any case, I hope everything works out with Eventide's decision regarding the processors/architecture!

Absolutely. That's was a key consideration in migrating to ARM. The ARMs reside on four modules which gives us the option of upgrading (in the field) as newer chips become available. Don't hold your breathe in that regard however. While swapping modules is simple from a mechanical point of view migrating our optimized code to next gen ARMs will wait until the benefit justifies what will invariably be a lot of work. In other words, the goal was to design a platform that would be viable for the long term. FWIW, the H8000 is nearly 20 years old.

cbm's picture
cbm

As somone who did some sound

January 27, 2018 - 12:51 am

As somone who did some sound design and beta testing for the Orville (Andaman) I'm sort of silly-excited about the H9000. Looking through the algorithm list, I was delighted to see my programs have been moved forward onto this new platform.

I think that Eventide made the right choice moving onto a general purpose processor for a modern architecture that should last a good long while.

I do have some questions, though.

Is there still a sampling facility? Is the sample memory still the same?

When will the AVB expansion be released? And how much?

Will there be any early adoptor VSIG availability? If not, is there an ETA for it?

And the big question is when will the H9000 be available?

cbm's picture
cbm

One more question: is there

January 27, 2018 - 01:15 am

One more question: is there still monolithic capability? Is that even nescessary with the new processors?

jackmazzotti

VSIg finally on the Mac?

February 10, 2018 - 01:46 pm

VSIg finally on the Mac?

jackmazzotti

Will the H9000 have the same

February 10, 2018 - 02:00 pm

Will the H9000 have the same cool eclipse amps with feedback controllable via expression pedal?

tmoravan

cbm wrote:

February 19, 2018 - 08:41 am

cbm wrote:

One more question: is there still monolithic capability? Is that even nescessary with the new processors?

To follow up -- Some of the algorithms on the H8000 run at 48k (using 1 DSP) or 96k (using both DSPs).

Will the H9000 be able to run the 96k versions using 1, 2, or n DSPs?  The reason for asking is I've seen rumors that the H9000 will only be supporting the 48k versions and rather than continue speculation, I'd rather hear the answer direct before selling my H8000's.

thanks,

Tom

tmoravan

AAgnello wrote:

February 19, 2018 - 08:45 am

AAgnello wrote:

We're working on making that possible. We've created a system to confirm that the H8000 presets behave and sound the same when running on the H9000. So far, the majority test OK but there are still some that need work. The challenge comes from the fact that the H8000 is based on a fixed point DSP chip while the H9000 is ARM based. The H9000 is still a work-in-progress.

As part of your evaluation and porting, are you fixing bugs in the original H8000 programs as you come across them?  (I know for example the vocoders are pretty much broken and looking through the H8000 threads you'll find other examples of presets that just don't work as intended).

thanks

Eventide Staff
jbamberg

tmoravan wrote:

February 19, 2018 - 11:16 am

tmoravan wrote:

As part of your evaluation and porting, are you fixing bugs in the original H8000 programs as you come across them?  (I know for example the vocoders are pretty much broken and looking through the H8000 threads you'll find other examples of presets that just don't work as intended).

We're fixing bugs in the algorithms as we find them and those fixes will be released with the H9000 system software, but we can't promise to back-port the fixes to the H8000.  It's a good suggestion to revisit the H8000 threads to see what's not working right - we'll definitely take a look.

tmoravan

jbamberg wrote:

February 19, 2018 - 05:59 pm

jbamberg wrote:

tmoravan wrote:

We're fixing bugs in the algorithms as we find them and those fixes will be released with the H9000 system software, but we can't promise to back-port the fixes to the H8000.  It's a good suggestion to revisit the H8000 threads to see what's not working right - we'll definitely take a look.

Good news.  I don't expect fixes to be backported - all the energy is about moving forward at this point.

I do think it would be a missed opportunity if you guys ended up porting the bugs unfixed as well; that's why I mentioned it.  Might as well put your best face forward with the new release.

bdmulvey

From the manual:

February 19, 2018 - 10:03 pm

From the manual:

Configuring the Audio Input/Output of your FX Chain

Note: You cannot select an Output that has been previously assigned to another FX Chain.

Does this mean that there's no way to route all input channels through different FX chains and mix to a stereo pair within the unit?

gkellum's picture
Eventide Staff
gkellum

bdmulvey wrote:

February 20, 2018 - 06:47 am

bdmulvey wrote:

Does this mean that there's no way to route all input channels through different FX chains and mix to a stereo pair within the unit?

Yes, that's currently the case.  There's currently no mixing functionality for mixing the output of the FX Chains.  

However, we do think we should be able to add that in the future as a software update.  If that functionality is important to you, let us know about it...

cbm's picture
cbm

Sample Memory

February 20, 2018 - 04:43 pm

I'm still interested in knowing if there will still be the sampling memory in the H9000. It's been useful for looper patches, as well as "flying in" a part on my Orville.

Eventide Staff
jbamberg

cbm wrote:

February 20, 2018 - 04:56 pm

cbm wrote:

I'm still interested in knowing if there will still be the sampling memory in the H9000. It's been useful for looper patches, as well as "flying in" a part on my Orville.

At first release, we'll have the Looper algorithm available, but we won't have the sampler algorithms from the H8000.  We made the decision that the large effort of porting that code was not worth it.   However, there's more interest in this than we expected (see https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/32192#comment-32192) so we are considering it.

cbm's picture
cbm

gkellum wrote:

February 20, 2018 - 06:58 pm

gkellum wrote:

bdmulvey wrote:

I'm sort of surprised this capability isn't there already. I would certainly like to see it.

Yes, that's currently the case.  There's currently no mixing functionality for mixing the output of the FX Chains.  

However, we do think we should be able to add that in the future as a software update.  If that functionality is important to you, let us know about it...

tmoravan

tmoravan wrote:

February 23, 2018 - 07:00 am

tmoravan wrote:

cbm wrote:

To follow up -- Some of the algorithms on the H8000 run at 48k (using 1 DSP) or 96k (using both DSPs).

Will the H9000 be able to run the 96k versions using 1, 2, or n DSPs?  The reason for asking is I've seen rumors that the H9000 will only be supporting the 48k versions and rather than continue speculation, I'd rather hear the answer direct before selling my H8000's.

thanks,

Tom

Well, I decided to sell both my H8000's anyway, so the answer at this point is moot for me, but for others I think it would be good to know.

Is the fact that nothing has been posted mean that you guys skipped over the question or is it because 96k algorithm support isn't there in the initial release?

There is info in the H9000 manual: 

Note: Certain algorithms will not work when the H9000 is running at a sample rate of 88.2kHz or 96kHz. These algorithms will appear with a red “stop sign” icon in the Algorithm list, and will not load if selected.

A clear discussion would be helpful since the H9000 obviously supports digital I/O and word clock rates of 96k and there is a preset listed (3057, 3058 - Super Ch Strip) with 48k and 96k designators

gkellum's picture
Eventide Staff
gkellum

tmoravan wrote:

February 23, 2018 - 07:23 am

tmoravan wrote:

Hi, sorry, we didn't respond to your original post.  I forwarded it to one of my colleagues, who I thought could give a better answer than I, and he forwarded it to someone else, who's been out a few days this week b/c of the flu going around...  The rough answer is all but about 20 algorithms work on a single DSP at 96K.  I wish I had the list of those algorithms in front of me so we could talk about the specific algorithms.  But one of my colleagues said a lot of them were algorithms that combined multiple effects into a single algorithm, which is something you'd probably do on the H9000 as an FX Chain with multiple algorithms anyway, instead of as a single algorithm.

tmoravan

OK, thanks.  Given the still

February 23, 2018 - 11:21 am

OK, thanks.  Given the still fluid nature of the machine, the answer is definitely sufficient.  One of the reasons to move to the 9k is that it is going to be supported for quite some time and advancements and improvements will certainly be forthcoming.  The overall structure of patches is a bit different, so it's understandable that there would be some changes in how a particular preset is implemented in the 9k versus in the 8000.

cbm's picture
cbm

Sample memory.

February 26, 2018 - 06:36 am

Is "longdelay" supported in the H9000? It relies on the sample memory, so if there's no sampler, is there a different pool of memory that longdelay can use? On the Orville / H8000 the sample memory is only available in machine A. What are the limitations on the H9000?

cbm's picture
cbm

Sample memory.

February 26, 2018 - 06:36 am

Is "longdelay" supported in the H9000? It relies on the sample memory, so if there's no sampler, is there a different pool of memory that longdelay can use? On the Orville / H8000 the sample memory is only available in machine A. What are the limitations on the H9000?

Eventide Staff
jbamberg

cbm wrote:

February 26, 2018 - 10:19 am

cbm wrote:

The longdelay module is supported.   The H9000 DSPs don't have any special memory, but they have quite a lot of RAM compared with the H8000 DSPs.  Thus, any DSP core can use longdelays and they will have more total delay available.

The maximum for each longdelay module is 120 seconds (as I believe it was in the H8000). I think you could probably manage to use up all the RAM if you had a lot of longdelays and you were running at 96kHz but that would take some effort.

cbm's picture
cbm

Great news on the longdelay

February 26, 2018 - 02:42 pm

Great news on the longdelay front! Thanks.

cbm's picture
cbm

gkellum wrote:

February 26, 2018 - 02:50 pm

gkellum wrote:

tmoravan wrote:

Hi, sorry, we didn't respond to your original post.  I forwarded it to one of my colleagues, who I thought could give a better answer than I, and he forwarded it to someone else, who's been out a few days this week b/c of the flu going around...  The rough answer is all but about 20 algorithms work on a single DSP at 96K.  I wish I had the list of those algorithms in front of me so we could talk about the specific algorithms.  But one of my colleagues said a lot of them were algorithms that combined multiple effects into a single algorithm, which is something you'd probably do on the H9000 as an FX Chain with multiple algorithms anyway, instead of as a single algorithm.

Only 20-ish that won't run at 96k? This is good news! That said, I would love to see the list of presets that won't run @96k. Any chance on making that public?

cbm's picture
cbm

jbamberg wrote:

February 26, 2018 - 11:09 pm

jbamberg wrote:

The maximum for each longdelay module is 120 seconds (as I believe it was in the H8000). I think you could probably manage to use up all the RAM if you had a lot of longdelays and you were running at 96kHz but that would take some effort.

Orville / H8000 longdelay max was 174 seconds of Sampler Memory, FWIW.

I largely use my Orville as a looping machine, so I would hope that the H9000 longdelay max can eventually be expanded to match the Orville / H8000.

Eventide Staff
jbamberg

cbm wrote:

February 27, 2018 - 08:32 am

cbm wrote:

Orville / H8000 longdelay max was 174 seconds of Sampler Memory, FWIW.

I largely use my Orville as a looping machine, so I would hope that the H9000 longdelay max can eventually be expanded to match the Orville / H8000.

That's right, but I was referring to the maximum that can be allocated in a single longdelay module (which is a software limit), whereas you are talking about the maximum total physical sampler memory (a hardware limit).  Sorry if I wasn't clear.  In the H9000 case, the hardware limit is generally much higher, but it isn't a fixed value because the RAM is also used for other things.  As a quick back of the envelope estimate, if we assume we can allocate half the RAM for long delays, we could have up to about 700 seconds per DSP core at 48k, or 350 seconds at 96k.

The largest long delay in the library of algorithms has a maximum delay of 85 seconds (519, "LongDelay").  Some use a larger total amount, e.g. 719, "Mobius Loops", which uses 8 instances of the longdelay module, each with a maximum delay of 20 seconds.

If you would like to share specific factory algorithms that you use for looping, or custom sigfiles, we can check to make sure you can do what you need with the H9000.

Edit: I checked the original code for the H8000 longdelay module, and it does in fact have a max delay of 174 seconds.  For some reason, when that module was ported to the new system, the maximum was changed from 174 to 120.  I see no reason why we shouldn't make it 174 in the new version too.  Apologies for my error!

KazRemark

So exciting, now that I know

February 27, 2018 - 09:33 am

So exciting, now that I know VSIG is on the table I‘m placing a preorder with Vintage King!!! I own a DSP-7k that i bought new when it came out, and I never upgraded to any of the subsequent processors. Will I be able to port my DSP-7k presets over to the new platform? Sounds like it shouldn’t be a problem reading through this thread.

markiv2290's picture
markiv2290

Multi-channel analog IO on ligther versions

February 28, 2018 - 11:31 am

First and foremost, kudos to Eventide for this very clear and open communication channel about the H9000.
Big thanks for answering all questions and paying attention to our needs and concerns as end users! That is what I call dedication towards the userbase.

I am so awaiting the lighter version(s) of the H9000 so that I can integrate it into my rack!
With the modular multi-DSP-board architecture, hopefully it won't take long after the H9000 is done. Merely populating the 4 boards with slower CPUs or populating 1 or 2 DSP boards in lieu of 4, new model number on the front panel, et voilà ;-)
(Ok I'm kidding I know it's not as simple as that!!)
I just can't wait.

Now my only concern.
Please keep multi-channel analog I/O facilities even on the lighter versions! That's of primary importance !
Like many guitar rack aficionados, I keep my dry and wet signals mix exclusively in the analog domain.
Dual-mono is not sufficient in that regard.

drrd

I'm really keen to hear some

February 28, 2018 - 02:18 pm

I'm really keen to hear some PCM.WAV material processed with the same program on h8000 and h9000. Digital in and out, no AD/DA to complicate things. A long reverb program would be good. Need to hear what this transition to floating point processing sounds like. 

Rod#S

markiv2290 wrote:

February 28, 2018 - 06:37 pm

markiv2290 wrote:

I am so awaiting the lighter version(s) of the H9000 so that I can integrate it into my rack!

Me as well. I have been away from playing for quite a few years and just recently got back into it and look forward to replacing the H3000 D/SX in my guitar rack which I'm still getting plenty of enjoyment out of until that time.

cbm's picture
cbm

Does sending audio and

March 01, 2018 - 06:56 pm

Does sending audio and control between DSP Engines work like it does on the Orville / H8000? Any restrictions on sending between Effects Chains?

cbm's picture
cbm

Memory Management

March 02, 2018 - 09:47 pm

I'm curious about memory management on the H9000 from the user's point of view. On the Orville / H8000 it was sort of simple: each engine had a 47 second pool of delay memory to split amongs all modules, and engine A also had 174 seconds of Sample Memory.

How will all this work on the H9000? My assumptions are that each ARM chip has its own memory pool, and that the four cores share that memory pool. How is memory allocated between the four cores on an ARM chip? What are the user's responsibllity in managing this memory? 

jackmazzotti

Ribbon strip controller?

March 10, 2018 - 03:43 pm

Will the factor algorithms have the ribbon strip controller built into them like in the H9?