You are here

Filter Sweeps on H9000?

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ed Driscoll

Filter Sweeps on H9000?

Ed Driscoll
September 04, 2019 - 12:08 am

Hi all,

The H9000 still feels near bottomless to me in terms of what it can do. But as I go through the presets and tweak them in the Emote plugin, not surprisingly, I'm getting some great stuff. In a recent "Inside the Song" segment of Warren Huart's "Produce Like a Pro" YouTube channel, he discussed recording Hole's "Celebrity Skin" with producer Michael Beinhorn. At about 8:45 in the video, they discuss the filter sweeps that Beinhorn added to the power chord guitar riffs with a hardware resonant equalizer. Is that an effect that the H9000 can replicate, and if so, which algorithm or patch would get close to this?

https://youtu.be/Rh79bHpHG10?t=525

Thanks,

Ed

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0in;
mso-para-margin-right:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0in;
line-height:107%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

John Baylies's picture
Eventide Staff
Check out my Eventide Gear
John Baylies
John Baylies (My Eventide Gear)
September 11, 2019 - 11:06 pm

I posted a similar question recently https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/rackmount/best-lowpasshipass-filter-quick-low-latency-sweeps

today I learned that the ModFilter has a really nice lowpass filter that can sweep fast. I've been trying to map pitchbend and midi CC double to it to get that smooth 14-bit resolution but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right... https://www.facebook.com/sousaphone/videos/10157590150339813/

John Baylies's picture
Eventide Staff
Check out my Eventide Gear
John Baylies
John Baylies (My Eventide Gear)
September 12, 2019 - 07:57 pm

That video you linked to is private, btw.

I just got 1412 - Dual Modfilters working well. Had to set everything to 0 except Fmod, which I set to -12000. Anything higher leads to excessive high frequency buildup at higher Freqs. Then modulate the Freq from 12000 to 20000, which seems to actually be 0 to 20000 with Fmod set to -12000.

I couldn't get pitchbend or MIDI CC Double working (lots of lag / couldn't get the Least Significant Bit to register...), and DAW automation stutters with fast square waves, but MIDI CC Single works well, aside from only having 128 steps.