You are here

H8000 as a psychoacoustic and Holophonic processor

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

1 post / 0 new
ishq

H8000 as a psychoacoustic and Holophonic processor

ishq
July 17, 2013 - 05:11 pm

Hi

i know holophonics is a certain technique but i saw a very interesting post where someone was using this description below for an effect he created .

http://www.theflipsideforum.com/index.php?topic=1127.30

The effect created a very interesting 3d effect ( holphonic kind and not hass widening etc.

<<<<<<<<<<

I sent  a track to 6 sends (3 left, 3 right). These sends have an automated static flange, phaser, (shelf, notch, peaking, or bandpass) filter on them, and a parametric EQ on the high frequency bandsplits  .These 6 bandsplits are then sent to 6 more splits with delay on them (<30msec). . The 12 total bandsplits are then sent to 2 submasters, mixed with early reflection+reverb, then sent to a master out

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

later on interpolated delays are mentioned to replace the flangers and modulating the delays so the sound i guess is shifting in a subtle way continuously ?

i WAS  wondering if there is a preset or anyone has tried this kind of thing with the H8000 ?  Seems the H8000 was made for this complex yet subtle shifting of bands / pans and delays to create a 3d effect ?

anyone got any recommendations for their favourite h8000 presets for creating 3d dimensonal quality to sounds ?

I am looking into developing more seperation and space between tracks in a mix and also psychoacoustics .I see alot of funky widener / srs / hass effects in the h8000 ? any particular good ones people like ?