You are here

H9000 1.1 Public Beta

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
floresp640's picture
Eventide Staff
floresp640
Joined: May 20 2016
Posts: 49

H9000 1.1 Public Beta

(Eventide Staff)
February 19, 2019 - 04:57 pm

To all H9000 owners,

 

 

We are happy to announce that the H9000 1.1 beta is now officially available to the public. The 1.1 software update introduces many new features and algorithms to the H9000 and Emote. 

 

New Algorithms for the H9000:

 

1.) SP2016 Reverb- The SP2016 was the first programmable effects box available on the market. It introduced the concept of the ‘plug-in’ to the pro audio world back in 1982, with actual hardware chips that would be plugged in under the hood. Revered for its signature reverbs, the SP2016 Reverb includes three algorithms: Stereo Room, Room, and Plate; all in Modern and Vintage versions.

 

2.) Unitide - Recreation of a classic four stage, optical based phaser known to excel on electric guitar. Modeled after a specific vintage unit but doubled up for stereo operation.

 

3.) Instant Phaser Mk II - The new Instant Phaser Mk II plug-in features all the unique and imprecise analog character of the original hardware from 1972. Explore new possibilities with updated and refined features such as Age and Mode. The Age knob emulates variable component-drift that occurs with aging hardware. The Mode switch offers three different flavors of phasing: Shallow, Deep, and Wide. When “Wide” is selected, the Instant Phaser Mk II gives you a different amount of phase-shifting on both right and left channels, resulting in a pseudo stereo effect.

 

4.) Instant Flanger Mk II - This updated emulation of the Eventide Instant Flanger includes Feedback, Low Cut, and Mode, among other improvements. The Mode switch offers three different flavors of flanging: Shallow, Deep, and Wide. When “Wide” is selected, the Instant Flanger Mk II gives you a different amount of flanging on both right and left channels, resulting in a pseudo stereo effect. With the extra utility provided by these controls, you have everything you need to craft a flanging effect which will fit right in with your mix, or stand out.

 

5.) H3000 Micropitch - A recreation of some classic H3000 algorithms, optimized for live sound use. 

 

6.) 5.1 Panner - A mono to 5.1 surround panner or mixer. Set the X, Y and Z input position, change the SIZE of the space, and use PAN to morph between MIXING (at 0%) and PANNING (at 100%) 

 

7.) HotSawz - Transform your instrument into a massive synth with HotSawz, a pitch-tracking, monophonic synth engine for your H9 and H9000. With six stackable sawtooth oscillators, three modulation sources, and four assignable destinations, HotSawz allows you to create a wide palette of sounds that run the gamut from classic synthwave to a pulsing panorama of bouncing blips, brassy swells, and sub-bass swagger.

 

 

 

New Features for the H9000 and Emote for 1.1:

 

1.) H9000R Support - With Emote 1.1, the H9000R is now supported and will be available for purchase by Mid-Late March

 

2.) Extended I/O capability - With the new 1.1 update, each FXChain is now capable of connecting up to 32 different channels of I/O per FX Chain which gives the H9000 a total of 128 channels of I/O possibilities. 

 

3.) External Controller Mapping - You can now ‘right click’ on any parameters on Emote and be able to map these parameters to external controllers, MIDI or Function Controls.

 

4.) DAW Automation - Emote now supports DAW automation through ‘Function Knobs’. You can map any parameter and range to any of the 8 available ‘Function Knobs’ per FXChain allowing you to automate multiple parameters and ranges with just one automation lane if you choose. You can also map single parameters for up to 8 Function Knobs per FXChain. 

 

5.) Windows Support - With Emote 1.1, we are introducing support for Windows OS. 

 

6.) VSIG Support - VSig is now officially supported for Windows to communicate with the H9000 allowing users to create their own algorithms from scratch. 

 

The 1.1 release also introduces numerous bug fixes and optimizations for the H9000.

 

Since this update is still in Beta, all participants might run into a few bugs which you can report directly to us for debugging. 

 

If you would like to participate in the H9000 1.1 public beta, please contact me directly at pflores@eventide.com with your H9000 serial number and Eventide username so that I can authorize your unit to recognize this beta release. 

 

Thank you so much for being a part of the Eventide family and happy beta! 

 

 

Best, 

Patrick Flores

Eventide Audio 

Pro Audio

Project Manager

 
macgee
Joined: Sep 13 2012
Posts: 208
February 19, 2019 - 06:02 pm

Amazing work everyone at Eventide, well done and thank you!

ndoe22
Joined: Sep 2 2016
Posts: 32
February 20, 2019 - 10:42 am

Awesome work guys. Love to see the H9k getting some love. Love the news for the vsig update, but without Mac support it is a huge missed opportunity. Considering probably at least half of the user base is on Mac if not more

tmoravan
Joined: Apr 19 2010
Posts: 61
February 22, 2019 - 04:21 pm

Had a quick play around with the new OS/algorithms and installed Emote on a Windows 10 tablet (Acer Switch) with no problems at all. (did not play w. VSig yet).

The new algorithms are quite nice.  As a former owner of the Instant Flanger, Phaser, *and* SP-2016 I was quite happy to see these make an appearance.  Haven't had time yet to deeply dive into them, but the surface testing sounded really good.

Now that Emote is working on a Windows box, I have a real question -- Does Eventide plan on adding an additional 8 analog I/O's as an expansion card or are the expansions reserved for purely digital I/O?

Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 142
February 22, 2019 - 04:27 pm

tmoravan wrote:

Now that Emote is working on a Windows box, I have a real question -- Does Eventide plan on adding an additional 8 analog I/O's as an expansion card or are the expansions reserved for purely digital I/O?

Yes, we're planning it, but no schedule as yet.   It would be good to know what your specific requirements are, actually.

ndoe22
Joined: Sep 2 2016
Posts: 32
February 22, 2019 - 04:56 pm

jbamberg wrote:

tmoravan wrote:

Now that Emote is working on a Windows box, I have a real question -- Does Eventide plan on adding an additional 8 analog I/O's as an expansion card or are the expansions reserved for purely digital I/O?

Yes, we're planning it, but no schedule as yet.   It would be good to know what your specific requirements are, actually.

I would love to to see as many I/O on Trs I guess maybe the db-25 format for space to connection ratio.  At Least 8 ins and 8 outs would be a good option to start

 

tmoravan
Joined: Apr 19 2010
Posts: 61
February 22, 2019 - 05:13 pm

jbamberg wrote:

tmoravan wrote:

Now that Emote is working on a Windows box, I have a real question -- Does Eventide plan on adding an additional 8 analog I/O's as an expansion card or are the expansions reserved for purely digital I/O?

Yes, we're planning it, but no schedule as yet.   It would be good to know what your specific requirements are, actually.

 

It really comes down to - if I'm primarily in the analog domain, do I buy an H9000R or an expansion card to get 8 more analog I/Os?  I understand that doing it all in one box will (currently) limit me to using at most 16 algorithms and I know Eventide can't comment on future plans for expanding that capability.  So that's where I stand.

Another quick question - does Eventide currently have access to a working SP-2016 that you're comparing these new algorithms against?  If so, does the box have the additional First Order Effects EPROMs installed as well?  There's a particular FOE effect that I'd love to have now and almost comtemplated buying an original just to have it again.  It's called Shimmer, but it sounds nothing like what people call Shimmer now.  It sounds more like reverb as water droplets.  If you listen to old Kitaro records and you hear this reverb that sounds like a small stream is running through it - it's that effect.

floresp640's picture
Eventide Staff
floresp640
Joined: May 20 2016
Posts: 49
February 22, 2019 - 05:57 pm

Quote:

It really comes down to - if I'm primarily in the analog domain, do I buy an H9000R or an expansion card to get 8 more analog I/Os?  I understand that doing it all in one box will (currently) limit me to using at most 16 algorithms and I know Eventide can't comment on future plans for expanding that capability.  So that's where I stand.

Another quick question - does Eventide currently have access to a working SP-2016 that you're comparing these new algorithms against?  If so, does the box have the additional First Order Effects EPROMs installed as well?  There's a particular FOE effect that I'd love to have now and almost comtemplated buying an original just to have it again.  It's called Shimmer, but it sounds nothing like what people call Shimmer now.  It sounds more like reverb as water droplets.  If you listen to old Kitaro records and you hear this reverb that sounds like a small stream is running through it - it's that effect.

 

Yes we do have a working SP2016 that we A/B'ed with our new software version of the SP2016 Reverb. The SP2016 Reverb in the H9000 and in the plugin will have 6 algorithms (Vintage: Stereo Room, Room and Hi-Density Plate. The modern recreations of these algorthims are also included). The shimmer reverb is not included in the SP2016 Reverb algorithm for the H9000 or the plugin. 

rvickers
Joined: Aug 1 2009
Posts: 13
February 22, 2019 - 06:25 pm

I'm up and running.  Looking good.  Successufully using Vsig as well.  

ssgrfk
Joined: Jul 30 2015
Posts: 54
March 19, 2019 - 06:26 am

hello

trying to get my hands on the installer for this but have had no response to an email sent to the  pflores@eventide.com email address

pls help, thanks!

floresp640's picture
Eventide Staff
floresp640
Joined: May 20 2016
Posts: 49
March 19, 2019 - 10:41 am

ssgrfk wrote:

hello

trying to get my hands on the installer for this but have had no response to an email sent to the  pflores@eventide.com email address

pls help, thanks!

 

Hello,

 

I cannot seem to find the email that you have sent to me, could you possibly re-send this email?

 

Best, 

Pat

cyborgssc
Joined: Mar 2 2019
Posts: 9
March 23, 2019 - 07:40 am

I've got the new Emote running and the 1.1 beta on the H9000. Question - does the new Emote software have a dedicated Meters page like the hardware front panel? So far I can't find it. If not, where will someone with an H9000R monitor their physical I/O levels?

halcrow
Joined: May 6 2009
Posts: 1
March 27, 2019 - 12:02 am

Hi,

sent an email for the beta a week ago. Any update?

floresp640's picture
Eventide Staff
floresp640
Joined: May 20 2016
Posts: 49
March 27, 2019 - 12:41 am

halcrow wrote:

Hi,

sent an email for the beta a week ago. Any update?

 

Hi! 

Sorry I had missed your Email! I just sent you an email.

ssgrfk
Joined: Jul 30 2015
Posts: 54
March 27, 2019 - 03:36 am

Hi.

just installed this BETA and got a 'installation success' message, then was promted to restart the H9000.

restarted the H9000 and it's now getting stuck on the boot screen. any ideas?

thank you

cyborgssc
Joined: Mar 2 2019
Posts: 9
March 27, 2019 - 08:20 am

ssgrfk wrote:

Hi.

just installed this BETA and got a 'installation success' message, then was promted to restart the H9000.

restarted the H9000 and it's now getting stuck on the boot screen. any ideas?

thank you

How long have you waited? If I recall, it felt like it got stuck on the router firmware upgrade for me too, but just waiting it eventually finished.

ssgrfk
Joined: Jul 30 2015
Posts: 54
March 27, 2019 - 06:55 pm

I got it back up and running by resetting it to the default hardware settings, via booting up holding the FX Chain / Algorithm / Session buttons.

thx

ssgrfk
Joined: Jul 30 2015
Posts: 54
March 28, 2019 - 10:29 pm

Back up and running after the BETA OS update. so far so good. the few bugs i had reported previously RE saving Sessions / FX Chains / Algorithms via the Mac OS Emote app (not as plugin) seem to have been fixed.

One other small thing, not a bug but mildly confusing, if you look at a lot of the patches / algorithms from the SPACE or H9 compatible stompbox effects, they all have a MIX parameter as the first thing, top left. the numeric value of this doesnt seem to track the knob position in a liner fashion, it seems to be exponentinal or off in some other way. as in, the mid point of the knob between minimum and maximum doesnt = the numeric midpoint, of 50, between 0 and 100.. 

thx

donrwatters
Joined: May 6 2013
Posts: 23
April 01, 2019 - 07:02 pm

floresp640 wrote:

1.) H9000R Support - With Emote 1.1, the H9000R is now supported and will be available for purchase by Mid-Late March

Any updates on when the H9000R will be released?  

floresp640's picture
Eventide Staff
floresp640
Joined: May 20 2016
Posts: 49
April 02, 2019 - 02:07 pm

donrwatters wrote:

floresp640 wrote:

1.) H9000R Support - With Emote 1.1, the H9000R is now supported and will be available for purchase by Mid-Late March

Hello,

The H9000R's are making their way out of the door and we are now just currently catching up on Backorders! 

 

 

Any updates on when the H9000R will be released?  

Hello,

The H9000R's are making their way out of the door and we are now just currently catching up on Backorders! 

 

 

 

cbm's picture
cbm
Joined: Mar 13 2013
Posts: 46
April 02, 2019 - 05:00 pm

Now that VSIG is supported, can anyone comment on importing patches done for older machines? I have a bunch of Orville patches, and I wonder if they're just going to work on the H9000, or will there be a bunch of twaking involved.

Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 142
April 02, 2019 - 05:06 pm

cbm wrote:

Now that VSIG is supported, can anyone comment on importing patches done for older machines? I have a bunch of Orville patches, and I wonder if they're just going to work on the H9000, or will there be a bunch of twaking involved.

Do you have the patches stored as text sigfiles, or are they on your Orville?

There are going to be some challenges in migrating patches from older machines, but we might be able to help if you can send them to us.  One challenge is that the DSP modules that make up the algorithms have changed over time, which can lead to problems with forward-compatibility of sigfiles.

 

 

 

ssgrfk
Joined: Jul 30 2015
Posts: 54
April 03, 2019 - 08:32 pm

OS 1.1 /  Emote Feedback.

my Emote App will always Disconnect from the H9000 after a given period of activity.. around 15-30 minutes mark

its not a major issue at all but it happens consistently. is anyone else experiencing this or is it my setup?

thank hyou

Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 142
April 04, 2019 - 06:52 am

ssgrfk wrote:

OS 1.1 /  Emote Feedback.

my Emote App will always Disconnect from the H9000 after a given period of activity.. around 15-30 minutes mark

its not a major issue at all but it happens consistently. is anyone else experiencing this or is it my setup?

thank hyou

Hi, are you using a WiFi network or wired?  Is your computer going to sleep?  Currently, we can't maintain the connection when the computer has gone to sleep so emote has to reconnect.  We might be able to address this in the next software release.

 

macgee
Joined: Sep 13 2012
Posts: 208
April 04, 2019 - 02:07 pm

I don't get diconnections in general
I'm on wired network and so is H9000...I don't trust WIFI.

I do however get disconnections when sending algo from VSIG

@Joe, will the update resolve this disconnection issue?

If not I'll send bug report

Thanks

ssgrfk
Joined: Jul 30 2015
Posts: 54
April 04, 2019 - 11:54 pm

Hi.

im using WiFi via the supplied USB WiFi dongle. the mac may be going to sleep around the time of the disconnection, i've not looked at that correlation but will do so.

the loss of the connection itself is no major issue but what i notice is, after a loss of connection and then reconnecting, the reconnection usually drops out a lot more frequently and whilst in the middle of using Emote..  

again, nothing life stopping but room for improvement.. ill see if i can switch to using Wired to get around it

Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 142
April 05, 2019 - 08:18 am

macgee wrote:

I do however get disconnections when sending algo from VSIG

@Joe, will the update resolve this disconnection issue?

Hi Grant,

Do you mean that when you send an algorithm to the device from VSig, emote disconnects?

We are changing the way that VSig communicates with the H9000, and this will address many connection related issues with VSig, but this isn't going to general release for a while as we need to do a lot of internal testing first.

 

 

Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 142
April 05, 2019 - 08:27 am

ssgrfk wrote:

im using WiFi via the supplied USB WiFi dongle. the mac may be going to sleep around the time of the disconnection, i've not looked at that correlation but will do so.

the loss of the connection itself is no major issue but what i notice is, after a loss of connection and then reconnecting, the reconnection usually drops out a lot more frequently and whilst in the middle of using Emote..  

again, nothing life stopping but room for improvement.. ill see if i can switch to using Wired to get around it

OK, it sounds like we need to be a bit more resilient when using WiFi.  A wired network will have less (generally zero) packet loss so is likely to work better.  Thanks for the report.

macgee
Joined: Sep 13 2012
Posts: 208
April 05, 2019 - 08:46 am

jbamberg wrote:

Hi Grant,

Do you mean that when you send an algorithm to the device from VSig, emote disconnects?

We are changing the way that VSig communicates with the H9000, and this will address many connection related issues with VSig, but this isn't going to general release for a while as we need to do a lot of internal testing first.

That's right yea. So VSIG never appears to have an issue sending to the H9000 however with Emote open on Mac side during the send, Emote will disconnect.

It seems like Emote needs to tolerate a bit more connection dispution before it gives up the connection, just a thought - this would resonate with the issue reported by ssgrfk as I did have those issues as well when using WIFI.

I'll send you the mail I drafted but didn't send yet cos I was adding other stuff.

Thanks

 

cbm's picture
cbm
Joined: Mar 13 2013
Posts: 46
April 20, 2019 - 05:32 pm

jbamberg wrote:

cbm wrote:

Now that VSIG is supported, can anyone comment on importing patches done for older machines? I have a bunch of Orville patches, and I wonder if they're just going to work on the H9000, or will there be a bunch of twaking involved.

Do you have the patches stored as text sigfiles, or are they on your Orville?

There are going to be some challenges in migrating patches from older machines, but we might be able to help if you can send them to us.  One challenge is that the DSP modules that make up the algorithms have changed over time, which can lead to problems with forward-compatibility of sigfiles.

Thanks for your response.

I have everything I care about as sigfiles. 

I have been using VM Ware / Win 7 for VSIG on my Mac. Has anytone tested the new VSIG in a similar configuration?

Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 142
April 22, 2019 - 11:01 am

cbm wrote:

Thanks for your response.

I have everything I care about as sigfiles. 

I have been using VM Ware / Win 7 for VSIG on my Mac. Has anytone tested the new VSIG in a similar configuration?

I am pretty sure this will work but I'll ask around here to see if anyone's using that setup.

 

macgee
Joined: Sep 13 2012
Posts: 208
April 23, 2019 - 10:21 am

I'm using that setup, working flawlessly actually but took a little setting up

cbm's picture
cbm
Joined: Mar 13 2013
Posts: 46
April 23, 2019 - 04:11 pm

macgee wrote:

I'm using that setup, working flawlessly actually but took a little setting up

H9000-specific setting up, or general setup? If I already have it working use with the Orville, do you think that there are flaming hoops to jump through to get the H9000 working with it?

macgee
Joined: Sep 13 2012
Posts: 208
April 24, 2019 - 11:26 am

cbm wrote:

macgee wrote:

I'm using that setup, working flawlessly actually but took a little setting up

H9000-specific setting up, or general setup? If I already have it working use with the Orville, do you think that there are flaming hoops to jump through to get the H9000 working with it?

Quite simply you just need to install VSIG for H9000 (assuming it has same dependencies H8000) along with latest database and also install Apple's Bonjour Printer which allows for discovery and then you should be set. VSIG communicates to H9000 over network so preferably use wired network

Do you have an H9000 yet? Try that first and see how you go, any questions I'm happy to help

cbm's picture
cbm
Joined: Mar 13 2013
Posts: 46
April 24, 2019 - 04:40 pm

macgee wrote:

cbm wrote:

macgee wrote:

I'm using that setup, working flawlessly actually but took a little setting up

H9000-specific setting up, or general setup? If I already have it working use with the Orville, do you think that there are flaming hoops to jump through to get the H9000 working with it?

Quite simply you just need to install VSIG for H9000 (assuming it has same dependencies H8000) along with latest database and also install Apple's Bonjour Printer which allows for discovery and then you should be set. VSIG communicates to H9000 over network so preferably use wired network

Do you have an H9000 yet? Try that first and see how you go, any questions I'm happy to help

That doesn't sound bad at all. I'm still testing the waters before picking up an H9000.

ssgrfk
Joined: Jul 30 2015
Posts: 54
May 03, 2019 - 12:59 am

hello

i since swapped out my WIFI connection to Emote / H9000 via the supplied WiFi Dongle for a ethernet cable to my networks router.

i am still experiencing the emote disconnects as per the wifi scenario. im using 1.1.5[0] the beta mentioned in this post.

thnks

ssgrfk
Joined: Jul 30 2015
Posts: 54
May 06, 2019 - 01:57 am

hi

RE connectivity via iMac -> eMote, i spoke to soon with my previous post. since swapping out WIFI to Ethernet cable, the connecting is vastly improved.

still get the odd disconnect but its now totally managageable.