You are here

H9000 1.3 Public Beta

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

106 posts / 0 new
Last post
bsfreq
Joined: Jul 27 2017
Posts: 25
bsfreq
September 28, 2020 - 10:02 am

studionebula wrote:

Emote crashed while attempting to connect and took all of Cubase down with it. Now I can't reopen that session without crashing Cubase; I worked around the problem by using Cubase's option to temporarily deactivate all 3rd-party plugins and then deleting Emote from the session.

I've had a similar type of issue with Emote on my Macbook Pro running Mac OS Catalina (10.15.7). Ableton Live (10.1.18) would crash whenever loading a project saved with Emote plugin loaded (I've been using the AU-version of the plugin). I finally realized this was due to a sample rate mismatch. I'm using RME Fireface UFX+ as a master clock, and H9000 slaved via MADI. 

If my Fireface (and therefore H9000) sample rate doesn't match the project settings, emote will panic and cause ableton to crash altogether. The solution was to change the sample rate from Fireface settings to match the project sample rate, and then load the project / start ableton.  I just have to remember my project sample rate settings in order to be able to load them. Of course this should not happen, and hopefully this will be fixed in next Emote update. 

I Should also mention that I don't use the H9000 as an audio interface. It's not even connected via USB. I only use Emote to control the H9000 via ethernet. That's why it feels weird that Emote panics due to sample rate mismatches when all changes are done on Ableton and RME driver side. 

floresp640's picture
Eventide Staff
floresp640
Joined: May 20 2016
Posts: 71
floresp640
September 28, 2020 - 01:47 pm

studionebula wrote:

Correction to my previous post; hopefully the moderators will see this first: When I said "This problem does not happen in the standalone version of Cubase", what I actually meant was "This problem does not happen in the standalone version of Emote." Sorry for any confusion.

--Adam

 

Hi Adam! 

We have found this bug specifically with Cubase that Emote will crash your DAW in some occasions when there is a dialog box open like "Sample Rate Mismatch".  We have made a fix for this bug and its included in the next software release for Emote which we are currently testing and hope to have public soon.

2mmi
Joined: Nov 25 2016
Posts: 7
2mmi
September 28, 2020 - 03:06 pm

studionebula wrote:

The standalone version of Emote frequently crashes shortly after launch. I see the "Status: Connecting..." text and then the entire application window closes. Sometimes trying again helps, sometimes I have to reboot everything. During times that I can't get Emote to connect, I can get Vsig to connect, so I believe the issue is not with the network connection but with Emote.

Same here, I´ve got allot of random crashes (Both in the Emote plugin version and standalone) - And often it will take Studio one 5 down to. (and sometimes also the H9000R needs a reboot)

I´ve got the H9000R and today i made a sad decision. I will return it to Thomann (within their 30days return period). 
But I´ll be back when the firmware/Emote has evolved a little bit more, and maybe go for the full H9000. Cant wait, as i love everything Eventide.

drxcm
Joined: Apr 25 2014
Posts: 16
drxcm
September 29, 2020 - 12:31 am

Any word from Eventide about when we might expect a new update?  The laggy Emote on MacOSX is driving me a little crazy!

Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 232
jbamberg
September 29, 2020 - 09:04 am

drxcm wrote:

Any word from Eventide about when we might expect a new update?  The laggy Emote on MacOSX is driving me a little crazy!

We are very close to releasing a new public beta which includes speed improvements to emote - likely to be this week or next.  Thanks for being patient.

 

Animus
Joined: Dec 18 2011
Posts: 4
Animus
October 08, 2020 - 05:53 am

bsfreq wrote:

studionebula wrote:

Emote crashed while attempting to connect and took all of Cubase down with it. Now I can't reopen that session without crashing Cubase; I worked around the problem by using Cubase's option to temporarily deactivate all 3rd-party plugins and then deleting Emote from the session.

I've had a similar type of issue with Emote on my Macbook Pro running Mac OS Catalina (10.15.7). Ableton Live (10.1.18) would crash whenever loading a project saved with Emote plugin loaded (I've been using the AU-version of the plugin). I finally realized this was due to a sample rate mismatch. I'm using RME Fireface UFX+ as a master clock, and H9000 slaved via MADI. 

If my Fireface (and therefore H9000) sample rate doesn't match the project settings, emote will panic and cause ableton to crash altogether. The solution was to change the sample rate from Fireface settings to match the project sample rate, and then load the project / start ableton.  I just have to remember my project sample rate settings in order to be able to load them. Of course this should not happen, and hopefully this will be fixed in next Emote update. 

I Should also mention that I don't use the H9000 as an audio interface. It's not even connected via USB. I only use Emote to control the H9000 via ethernet. That's why it feels weird that Emote panics due to sample rate mismatches when all changes are done on Ableton and RME driver side. 

 

I was having all kinds of sample rate mismatches when I first got my H9000R back in January.  I had originally installed the USB driver just to test that out; I mainly use a RME setup.  My sample rate mismatches went away as soon as I uninstalled the USB driver.  Some kind of conflict obviously. 

 

 

plikestechno
Joined: May 27 2017
Posts: 15
plikestechno
October 08, 2020 - 12:57 pm

plikestechno wrote:

Well Im pleased and slightly bewildered to say that i could not recreate the problem with the fx chains tonight. I started with the same stereo source through to four sets of different dante channels then put different sources through each channel then finally reloaded my cubase project with the send/returns setup and everything just worked. Effected audio in out and back with bouncing levels on all four fx chains simultaneously. I also got excited when even tricerachorus worked, for maybe a minute, until it descended into the digital buzz of last night. So maybe it just doesnt like running at 96k for now. All other effects remain fine. Should i ever be able to recreate that fx chains issue i will make sure to forward the session along but yes tricerachorus still doesnt seem to be happy at 96k for me.

 

Has anybody else been able to confirm whether or not they can run Tricerachorus consistently at 96k? It would be nice to know if this is a common bug or if there is something specifically wrong with my unit. Thanks P

floresp640's picture
Eventide Staff
floresp640
Joined: May 20 2016
Posts: 71
floresp640
October 15, 2020 - 01:25 pm

H9000 1.2.4 Public Beta

 

To all H9000 owners,

 

 

We are happy to announce that the H9000 1.3.0 beta is now officially available to the public. The 1.3.0 builds on the improvements from 1.2.4 public beta on both the H9000 and Emote.

 

Here are some changes to the H9000 (since 1.2.4) 

- Fixed a problem with MIDINOTE module

- Fixed a networking issue

- Fixed an issue with one of the Dynaverb parameters

- Fix a rare audio sync problem

- Make presets for distortion algs remember the Nominal Gain value
- Update all factory session presets, fixing fx chain names, routing problems, and session names

- Restrict tricerachorus at high sample rates
 
PTHD Expansion Card Beta Fixes
- Fix ProTools HD at 88.2/96k
 
- Fix some problems with ProTools HD card syncing to session clock
 
You should see this software release in your software updates window in Setup or in the devices page in Emote.
 
 
Here are some changes to Emote (Since 1.2.4)
- Improve the look and feel of Emote, removing much visual clutter

- UI performance improvements across the board

- Improve the layout and navigation of the sessions page

- Added a visual representation of fxchain containers, and the ability to rename those containers and their fxchains independently

- Changed resizing behavior to behave more naturally, and added independent zoom control

- Make plugin versions resizable

- Many various bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements
 
Emote 1.3.0[11]

OSX: https://etide.io/ZSw3w

Windows: https://etide.io/fDbuT
 
 

please contact me directly at pflores@eventide.com if you are running into any issues with getting this software up and running. 

 

Thank you so much for being a part of the Eventide family and happy beta! 

 

 

Best, 

Patrick Flores

Eventide Audio 

H9000

 
 
 
 
 
plikestechno
Joined: May 27 2017
Posts: 15
plikestechno
October 15, 2020 - 01:41 pm

So, just to confirm, with 1.3.0 Tricerachorus will be limited at 48k and now restrict anything above?

 

Good to know ultimately but hopefully that algo and other algos that only run at 48k will be able to run at 96k in time. 

 

A lot of the other improvements look fantastic. Can't wait to try them out and thanks for working to keep making the product better.

joeydego's picture
Check out my Eventide Gear
joeydego
Joined: Jul 23 2014
Posts: 141
joeydego (My Eventide Gear)
October 16, 2020 - 01:19 am

The VST is freezing the Studio One GUI when selecting the FX Chain tab. The standalone is fine. 

Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 232
jbamberg
October 16, 2020 - 11:00 am

plikestechno wrote:

So, just to confirm, with 1.3.0 Tricerachorus will be limited at 48k and now restrict anything above?

 

Good to know ultimately but hopefully that algo and other algos that only run at 48k will be able to run at 96k in time. 

 

That's right - we can't currently run TC at higher sample rates.  We are planning to get to full 96k compatibility in a future release.

dbaylies's picture
Eventide Staff
dbaylies
Joined: Jul 28 2018
Posts: 112
dbaylies
October 16, 2020 - 02:52 pm

joeydego wrote:

The VST is freezing the Studio One GUI when selecting the FX Chain tab. The standalone is fine. 

Thanks for letting us know - we'll look into this.

Jago_Marris
Joined: Sep 5 2016
Posts: 3
Jago_Marris
October 17, 2020 - 07:21 am

Great work on the improvements. Especially naming FX chain slots in Emote.

J20056
Joined: Feb 1 2008
Posts: 224
J20056
October 18, 2020 - 03:11 pm

I installed the 1.3 beta and now I cannot connect to the unit.

Not totally surprised but alas, could use some help?

plikestechno
Joined: May 27 2017
Posts: 15
plikestechno
October 18, 2020 - 03:22 pm
J20056 wrote:

I installed the 1.3 beta and now I cannot connect to the unit.

Not totally surprised but alas, could use some help?

Did you update your emote software as well?

Typically when updating I update the unit itself first, then emote then connect the two and it works.

I imagine on a H9000R youd update emote first then the unit.

If theyre not talking sometimes, I just unconnect and reconnect the main unit to the network and then it works for me.

In my wireless setup it finds the unit instantly and then takes about 10 seconds for emote and the unit to connect. I never leave it on auto connect.

plikestechno
Joined: May 27 2017
Posts: 15
plikestechno
October 18, 2020 - 03:23 pm

And also wanted to say that the new beta and new emote works for me. Some great improvements! Thanks!

J20056
Joined: Feb 1 2008
Posts: 224
J20056
October 18, 2020 - 03:44 pm

I connect via Ethernet. Can't make it work. Went back to official v 1.22 and it's fine. I guess I'll skip this beta...

This is exhausting

Kamurah
Joined: Sep 14 2020
Posts: 28
Kamurah
October 18, 2020 - 07:08 pm

I have a suggestion for the system....and it might alleviate some confusion.

Maybe make the clear delineation between H9000 FIRMWARE....and EMOTE SOFTWARE.  It seems a little fuzzy...especially since the H9000 FIRMWARE can be updated from the EMOTE SOFTWARE.....BUT>....the EMOTE SOFTWARE must be updated independently////and AFTER the H9000 FIRMWARE has been updated.

See what I mean?  Either make it so both the controller software AND the Firmware are updated SIMULTANEOUSLY from INSIDE Emote....or make it clear that EMOTE is the software....and the FIRMWARE for the H9000 is different.   It might also be helpful to put a popup that checks for Firmware / EMOTE mismatch...and says, "I see you have Firmware 1.3 installed in your H9000....but this EMOTE software is not compatible.  Would you like to update your EMOTE software to be compatible with Firmware 1.3?"

THAT...would turn this whole thing into a no-brainer in my humble opinion. 

That's all I have to say about that.  :)

 

 

 

joeydego's picture
Check out my Eventide Gear
joeydego
Joined: Jul 23 2014
Posts: 141
joeydego (My Eventide Gear)
October 18, 2020 - 09:36 pm
Kamurah wrote:

I have a suggestion for the system....and it might alleviate some confusion.

Maybe make the clear delineation between H9000 FIRMWARE....and EMOTE SOFTWARE.  It seems a little fuzzy...especially since the H9000 FIRMWARE can be updated from the EMOTE SOFTWARE.....BUT>....the EMOTE SOFTWARE must be updated independently////and AFTER the H9000 FIRMWARE has been updated.

See what I mean?  Either make it so both the controller software AND the Firmware are updated SIMULTANEOUSLY from INSIDE Emote....or make it clear that EMOTE is the software....and the FIRMWARE for the H9000 is different.   It might also be helpful to put a popup that checks for Firmware / EMOTE mismatch...and says, "I see you have Firmware 1.3 installed in your H9000....but this EMOTE software is not compatible.  Would you like to update your EMOTE software to be compatible with Firmware 1.3?"

THAT...would turn this whole thing into a no-brainer in my humble opinion. 

That's all I have to say about that.  :)

 

 

 

Strongly agree with this and am still unclear what was just updated. I saw a link to the new emote and updated that. I updated the H9000 itself a few months ago. Was that updated recently too?

TobyB
Joined: Jul 31 2020
Posts: 3
TobyB
October 19, 2020 - 08:47 am

I'm with Kamurah and Joey ... thankfully I read this thread first ...

1) Downloaded Emote Updater,

2) Ran Emote (existing), updated hardware there,

3) Ran Emote updater whilst hardware re-booting,

4) Opened up new Emote to confirm new hardware.

All works fine ... but clear instructions like this, and cautions within, would be really sensible ...

TobyB
Joined: Jul 31 2020
Posts: 3
TobyB
October 19, 2020 - 09:04 am

Maybe the Sticky title needs updating for the latest?

New Sessions view is definitely improved!

Reading this thread, clearer updating instructions (Hardware via old Emote, then update Emote? Worked for me ...) could be good ...

Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 232
jbamberg
October 19, 2020 - 10:54 am

TobyB wrote:

Maybe the Sticky title needs updating for the latest?

New Sessions view is definitely improved!

Reading this thread, clearer updating instructions (Hardware via old Emote, then update Emote? Worked for me ...) could be good ...

We've updated the thread title.

We could also improve the instructions on updating.  This came up in a team meeting last week in fact.  Ultimately, we need to get emote on the same management backend system that the H9000 firmware uses, then we will be able to make a unified updating system and get closer to what Kamurah suggested up-thread.

Thanks for the feedback.

Kamurah
Joined: Sep 14 2020
Posts: 28
Kamurah
October 19, 2020 - 12:17 pm

I don't know if this is a software bug...or user error...so forgive me if this is something I am doing wrong.

If I open up the Meter Bridge option (under Window at top of Emote), there are always two channels (6 +7) that are showing full-scale signal.  It does not matter if I move the selection to a different set of Inputs or Outputs...those two channels are full-scale.

 

Also...in the other thread on H9000 heat, it was mentioned that Beta 1.3 would have a way to monitor DSP thermals.  I do not see an option for this anywhere.  Was this included?

Thanks!

 

Kamurah
Joined: Sep 14 2020
Posts: 28
Kamurah
October 19, 2020 - 12:22 pm

Nevermind....it must have been a glitch.  I re-opened Emote and the channels were 'unstuck'.  Don't know what happened.  I will watch and see if I can reproduce.

 

Still interested in the thermal readouts though.

studionebula
Joined: Feb 19 2009
Posts: 9
studionebula
October 19, 2020 - 01:46 pm

J20056 wrote:

I connect via Ethernet. Can't make it work. Went back to official v 1.22 and it's fine. I guess I'll skip this beta...

This is exhausting

I connect via Ethernet also, and while I haven't yet spent much time with the update, everything appears to be working on my H9000. emote did not offer to update my firmware, so I plugged my USB wi-fi adapter into the H9000 and used that to download and install the update. (I usually use only Ethernet because the wi-fi signal in my studio is somewhat weak and not entirely reliable.) Once I had updated both the firmware and emote, and reconfigured the H9000's network connection back to Ethernet, everything worked.

John Baylies's picture
Eventide Staff
Check out my Eventide Gear
John Baylies
Joined: Jun 12 2019
Posts: 96
John Baylies (My Eventide Gear)
October 19, 2020 - 02:32 pm

Kamurah wrote:

Still interested in the thermal readouts though.

Check the DSP Modules on the Devices page.

Kamurah
Joined: Sep 14 2020
Posts: 28
Kamurah
October 19, 2020 - 02:38 pm

Ah...I see them now.  I thought those were DSP revisions or serials or something.  Thanks!

J20056
Joined: Feb 1 2008
Posts: 224
J20056
October 19, 2020 - 03:34 pm

@studionebula: I use a H9000R so no front panel. So i don't think I could update the firmware as you describe. I must do it from Emote.

I downgraded my Emote to the last working version, so once I'm home tonight, I'll try updating the firmware from there, then upgade Emote to 1.3 as explained above.

J20056
Joined: Feb 1 2008
Posts: 224
J20056
October 19, 2020 - 07:51 pm

I am running software version 1.2.2[3] (30dd4771e0 and it correctly connects to my H9000R via Ethernet.

I was told that i need to upgrade the H9000R firmware from Emote. In Emote, I clicked on the "UPDATES" button from the Devices tab, at which point snothing happens.

The square box under "Software Update" is empty.

So I have no idea how to first update the firmware of the H9000R from Emote.

I hate to say this, but this should just work, period. it is exhausting to fight just to get the unit to be able to get upgrades.

You guys REALLY need to improve this, it is almost a show stopper for outsiders to the Eventide family. 

Meanwhile, I have no idea what to do next...

John Baylies's picture
Eventide Staff
Check out my Eventide Gear
John Baylies
Joined: Jun 12 2019
Posts: 96
John Baylies (My Eventide Gear)
October 19, 2020 - 08:54 pm

J20056, if your H9000R is connected directly to your computer via ethernet then Emote will be able to connect to the H9000 but it will not be able to connect to the internet to receive updates. The H9000R has to be connected to your Local Area Network via ethernet or wifi in order for it to be able to receive updates from the internet.

J20056
Joined: Feb 1 2008
Posts: 224
J20056
October 19, 2020 - 09:56 pm

I re-read the wireless install addendum for the H9000R but I literally cannot get my unit to work wirelessly any more. It simply will not connect.

It simply is exhausting to try an upgrade an H9000R.

I simply no longer know what to do.

joeydego's picture
Check out my Eventide Gear
joeydego
Joined: Jul 23 2014
Posts: 141
joeydego (My Eventide Gear)
October 19, 2020 - 11:18 pm

Updated my H9000 today to bring it current with Emote. Ok just so I’m clear, both Emote AND H9000 releases will be independent from one another and not necessarily in tandem? 

dbaylies's picture
Eventide Staff
dbaylies
Joined: Jul 28 2018
Posts: 112
dbaylies
October 20, 2020 - 11:57 am

joeydego wrote:

Updated my H9000 today to bring it current with Emote. Ok just so I’m clear, both Emote AND H9000 releases will be independent from one another and not necessarily in tandem? 

Yes, that is correct. The release processes are currently independent from one another - updating one will not automatically update the other.

dbaylies's picture
Eventide Staff
dbaylies
Joined: Jul 28 2018
Posts: 112
dbaylies
October 20, 2020 - 12:08 pm

J20056 wrote:

I re-read the wireless install addendum for the H9000R but I literally cannot get my unit to work wirelessly any more. It simply will not connect.

It simply is exhausting to try an upgrade an H9000R.

I simply no longer know what to do.

Sorry to hear about your continued troubles. As jbaylies said, the H9000R needs to be connected to the internet to see updates. I spoke to the team about your issues and we have some ideas for you - I will reach out via email.

Generally speaking, we understand that the H9000 and H9000R update processes are rockier than they could be, and we've been brainstorming ideas on streamlining them for future releases. In the mean time, we'll do the best we can to improve the update guidelines and help out anyone running into issues.

David

Kamurah
Joined: Sep 14 2020
Posts: 28
Kamurah
October 20, 2020 - 12:16 pm

I updated my H9000R to the latest Firmware and Emote (1.3) last night....everything worked well and seemed stable.

This morning, I booted up the computer and the H9000 and cannot get them to connect via Wifi....at all.

I restarted the H9000R as an access point, connected to it, switched over to my main Wifi per the instructions.  But after switching the H9000 to my local Wifi....Emote will not connect.   I flushed DNS cache.  I rebooted.  I re-installed Emote.  I reset my Wifi access points and rebooted my router. Nothing but the spinning 'e' if I launch Emote.

Not sure what else to try.  I may have to go back to an earlier version if I cannot get them to connect.  Suggestions?

Kamurah
Joined: Sep 14 2020
Posts: 28
Kamurah
October 20, 2020 - 02:43 pm

I tried to roll back to the last firmware / emote (1.2.4(7)).   Same situation.  I am able to connect directly with the unit holding the "network" button on startup.  It creates it's WIFI access.  I connect to it directly and then open Emote.  Emote is able to see the unit.  I am able to initiate the handshake between the H900R and my network.  It connects to my network.  I quit Emote, and re-connect to my network.  I re-open Emote.....and nothing.....spinning 'e' forever.  It just will not connect.   I have flushed DNS cache several times.  Restarted both machines.  Zapped PRAM on my Mac.  Re-installed Emote software.    Help!

dbaylies's picture
Eventide Staff
dbaylies
Joined: Jul 28 2018
Posts: 112
dbaylies
October 20, 2020 - 03:13 pm

Kamurah wrote:

I tried to roll back to the last firmware / emote (1.2.4(7)).   Same situation.  I am able to connect directly with the unit holding the "network" button on startup.  It creates it's WIFI access.  I connect to it directly and then open Emote.  Emote is able to see the unit.  I am able to initiate the handshake between the H900R and my network.  It connects to my network.  I quit Emote, and re-connect to my network.  I re-open Emote.....and nothing.....spinning 'e' forever.  It just will not connect.   I have flushed DNS cache several times.  Restarted both machines.  Zapped PRAM on my Mac.  Re-installed Emote software.    Help!

Hi Kamurah,

Sorry to hear you ran into this! Especially after downgrading. I have an idea of what the issue might be - Do you have Emote set up to autoconnect to your H9000 when Emote first starts up? That could be part of it.

Either way, Emote has a settings file located (on Macs) at:

/Users/<your username>/Library/Emote/emote_settings.properties

If you delete this file entirely (it'll regenerate), your problems might resolve. That file persists through Emote installations, which could explain why the issue continued after you downgraded.

Let me know how you fare,

David

J20056
Joined: Feb 1 2008
Posts: 224
J20056
October 20, 2020 - 03:29 pm

Interesting. I suspect this is the same issue with me as I did try to do as above via Wi-Fi. I prefer the Ethernet solution we discussed by email but I'm pretty sure this is why.

 

Kamurah
Joined: Sep 14 2020
Posts: 28
Kamurah
October 20, 2020 - 04:49 pm

dbaylies wrote:

Kamurah wrote:

I tried to roll back to the last firmware / emote (1.2.4(7)).   Same situation.  I am able to connect directly with the unit holding the "network" button on startup.  It creates it's WIFI access.  I connect to it directly and then open Emote.  Emote is able to see the unit.  I am able to initiate the handshake between the H900R and my network.  It connects to my network.  I quit Emote, and re-connect to my network.  I re-open Emote.....and nothing.....spinning 'e' forever.  It just will not connect.   I have flushed DNS cache several times.  Restarted both machines.  Zapped PRAM on my Mac.  Re-installed Emote software.    Help!

Hi Kamurah,

Sorry to hear you ran into this! Especially after downgrading. I have an idea of what the issue might be - Do you have Emote set up to autoconnect to your H9000 when Emote first starts up? That could be part of it.

Either way, Emote has a settings file located (on Macs) at:

/Users/<your username>/Library/Emote/emote_settings.properties

If you delete this file entirely (it'll regenerate), your problems might resolve. That file persists through Emote installations, which could explain why the issue continued after you downgraded.

Let me know how you fare,

David

 

David,

First off, thank you so much for trying to help me get this sorted.  Unfortunately, I am still at an impasse.  I turned off "connect automatically".  I searched for the file you mentioned...but I cannot find it on my Mac...additionally, I don't have a pathway you describe above.  There is no "Library" folder under my username...I am enclosing my file structure as a JPG so you can see.  I can connect to the H9000 directly either through wireless or through ethernet...but I cannot connect on the wireless network.   Thanks!

Attachment
Kamurah
Joined: Sep 14 2020
Posts: 28
Kamurah
October 20, 2020 - 05:10 pm

I figured out that the Library was hidden.  Deleted the file you suggested.  Still no connection.  I am at a loss.  Any other suggestions?  I will try anything!

J20056
Joined: Feb 1 2008
Posts: 224
J20056
October 20, 2020 - 06:22 pm

I'm good now thanks to help from David Baylies. I connected the H9000R to my macPro via Ethernet, then Shared the internet connection in MacOS and was able to first upgrade the hardware. Then I upgraded the software and all is good.

Pheeeewwww.

joeydego's picture
Check out my Eventide Gear
joeydego
Joined: Jul 23 2014
Posts: 141
joeydego (My Eventide Gear)
October 20, 2020 - 06:37 pm
Kamurah wrote:

I figured out that the Library was hidden.  Deleted the file you suggested.  Still no connection.  I am at a loss.  Any other suggestions?  I will try anything!

Not sure if this will help or even applies but have you tried manually adding the IP in emote? My emote actually shows both the manually added IP as well as my H9000 which I guess is the serial number. Not sure if this is proper but it works.

Kamurah
Joined: Sep 14 2020
Posts: 28
Kamurah
October 21, 2020 - 12:50 pm

joeydego wrote:
Kamurah wrote:

I figured out that the Library was hidden.  Deleted the file you suggested.  Still no connection.  I am at a loss.  Any other suggestions?  I will try anything!

Not sure if this will help or even applies but have you tried manually adding the IP in emote? My emote actually shows both the manually added IP as well as my H9000 which I guess is the serial number. Not sure if this is proper but it works.

 

I am back up and running...but had to switch to Ethernet instead of Wireless....which is overall not a big deal just puzzling since several of us had what appear to be similar issues...I have also re-installed the 1.3 update and corresponding Emote software and it appears to be working.  I have a feeling my situation has to do with my Mac (which is old and exhibiting across-the-board odd behavior)...and not with the H9000.  Suffice to say, yesterday was a very frustrating day.  Over the next week I will be migrating everything over to a new PC build.  Thank you to everyone who chimed in to help, and also to the Eventide staff...who were incredibly responsive.

dbaylies's picture
Eventide Staff
dbaylies
Joined: Jul 28 2018
Posts: 112
dbaylies
October 21, 2020 - 03:08 pm

Good to hear, on both accounts! Nevertheless, we'll continue working to streamline the connectivity and update process.

-David

resynthesis
Joined: Oct 25 2014
Posts: 8
resynthesis
October 22, 2020 - 09:50 am

John Baylies wrote:

Kamurah wrote:

Still interested in the thermal readouts though.

Check the DSP Modules on the Devices page.

How do I read the thermal readouts? Or is it missing in the graphic here? H9K also updated today.

Kamurah
Joined: Sep 14 2020
Posts: 28
Kamurah
October 22, 2020 - 10:54 am

resynthesis wrote:

John Baylies wrote:

Kamurah wrote:

Still interested in the thermal readouts though.

Check the DSP Modules on the Devices page.

 

 

The temperature of each DSP is presented in celcius after the DSP name.

How do I read the thermal readouts? Or is it missing in the graphic here? H9K also updated today.

John Baylies's picture
Eventide Staff
Check out my Eventide Gear
John Baylies
Joined: Jun 12 2019
Posts: 96
John Baylies (My Eventide Gear)
October 22, 2020 - 12:19 pm

the thermal readouts in the image you posted are 48.7c, 47.0c, 46.8c, and 46.6c.

ndoe22
Joined: Sep 2 2016
Posts: 50
ndoe22
October 23, 2020 - 12:19 am

John Baylies wrote:

the thermal readouts in the image you posted are 48.7c, 47.0c, 46.8c, and 46.6c.

Im running in the same range as the picture.  Is that what other peoples units are running at??  The is 120 degrees F is that too warm or is that in the normal range.  Those temps are at idle.  Really liking the update.  Emote looks and is running better 

Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 232
jbamberg
October 23, 2020 - 09:33 am

ndoe22 wrote:

Im running in the same range as the picture.  Is that what other peoples units are running at??  The is 120 degrees F is that too warm or is that in the normal range.  Those temps are at idle.  Really liking the update.  Emote looks and is running better 

This is normal.  The DSPs have to do real-time processing, so they cannot slow down the clocks to conserve power and reduce heat like a normal CPU (otherwise there would be pops and clicks as they speed up or slow down).  They are running full-speed all the time.

resynthesis
Joined: Oct 25 2014
Posts: 8
resynthesis
October 23, 2020 - 12:31 pm

John Baylies wrote:

the thermal readouts in the image you posted are 48.7c, 47.0c, 46.8c, and 46.6c.

Thanks, my bad...