You are here

H9000 and C++

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
EstateMatt
Joined: Aug 14 2019
Posts: 2

H9000 and C++

EstateMatt
September 07, 2019 - 11:53 am

So...  I talked to someone who mentioned there's both a pipeline from MaxMSP's Gen and also C++ to the H9000.  

 

I can't find any info on this.  Can anyone direct me to how to do this? 

Tags: 
Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 244
jbamberg
September 07, 2019 - 12:01 pm

EstateMatt wrote:

So...  I talked to someone who mentioned there's both a pipeline from MaxMSP's Gen and also C++ to the H9000.  

 

I can't find any info on this.  Can anyone direct me to how to do this? 

Yes, the H9000 has a C/C++ plugin API and we've used this in collaboration with Cycling 74 to make plugins from Gen that run on the H9000.  We demonstrated this at the C74 Expo this year - perhaps the person you talked to was at the expo.

We don't have any formal documentation for this yet, but if you are interested I can contact you directly and help get you started.

 

EstateMatt
Joined: Aug 14 2019
Posts: 2
EstateMatt
September 07, 2019 - 12:47 pm

I would absolutely love that.  it's matthewaudio at that main g site.    I forget the name.  :)

benoit piccand
Joined: Jul 24 2013
Posts: 4
benoit piccand
September 08, 2019 - 03:45 pm

hi there,

as a max-msp-user, i'd also love to know more about this!

thanks,

benoit

jclements
Joined: Mar 15 2020
Posts: 1
jclements
March 15, 2020 - 10:52 pm

jbamberg,

 

can you please share anything related to the c++ api?  very interested max / gen~ programmer here!  Thank you!  jclements77 at the G male

Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 244
jbamberg
March 27, 2020 - 08:21 am

jclements wrote:

jbamberg,

 

can you please share anything related to the c++ api?  very interested max / gen~ programmer here!  Thank you!  jclements77 at the G male

There's really 2 parts to this:  the lower level C/C++ API and the gen~ tools which are built on top of the C/C++ API.

For the gen~ stuff, it's in the current Max beta.  We'll follow up with instructions on how to get it going with your H9000.  This is definitely the easier route.

For the C++ API, it's a bit more difficult to use because you'll need a cross compiling environment.  We can help you get started with this but can only offer quite limited support.

wurst
Joined: Jun 5 2020
Posts: 5
wurst
July 04, 2020 - 10:30 am

I'm interested in both of these interfaces as well. How can I can more info on them?

Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 244
jbamberg
July 09, 2020 - 09:19 am

wurst wrote:

I'm interested in both of these interfaces as well. How can I can more info on them?

I'll contact you via your registered email address.

wurst
Joined: Jun 5 2020
Posts: 5
wurst
July 12, 2020 - 12:14 pm

@jbamberg: Sounds good, looking forward to it. :)

 

E

studionebula
Joined: Feb 19 2009
Posts: 10
studionebula
October 06, 2020 - 01:01 pm

I would like to see the C++ API info as well. I am familiar with cross-platform DSP development; it's actually my job. smiley

Thanks!

Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 244
jbamberg
October 06, 2020 - 01:05 pm

studionebula wrote:

I would like to see the C++ API info as well. I am familiar with cross-platform DSP development; it's actually my job. smiley

Thanks!

Sorry I'm so behind on this.  Can I reach out via your registered email address?

studionebula
Joined: Feb 19 2009
Posts: 10
studionebula
October 06, 2020 - 01:15 pm

jbamberg wrote:

Sorry I'm so behind on this.  Can I reach out via your registered email address?

Absolutely! Sorry, I should have said as much--kinda inferred that that was your usual method.

 

Check out my Eventide Gear
Afturmath
Joined: Aug 21 2019
Posts: 5
Afturmath (My Eventide Gear)
December 27, 2020 - 10:30 pm

jbamberg wrote:

Sorry I'm so behind on this.  Can I reach out via your registered email address?

I am also very interested in both the C++ API and any kind of Max gen~ integration/portability. I have been designing Max for Live audio effects for a few years and slowly migrating a lot of them to gen~ for portability onto the new Electrosmith Daisy (STM32H7) microcontroller. I would love to be able to port them to my 9000R without having to recreate them in VSIG. 

Please reach out to me via my registered email address if possible. Thank you.

Eventide Staff
jbamberg
Joined: Aug 22 2011
Posts: 244
jbamberg
December 28, 2020 - 04:06 pm

Afturmath wrote:

I am also very interested in both the C++ API and any kind of Max gen~ integration/portability. I have been designing Max for Live audio effects for a few years and slowly migrating a lot of them to gen~ for portability onto the new Electrosmith Daisy (STM32H7) microcontroller. I would love to be able to port them to my 9000R without having to recreate them in VSIG. 

Please reach out to me via my registered email address if possible. Thank you.

It sounds like the gen~ stuff will be ideal for your needs so I'd recommend starting there.  We are out this week but will be in touch after that.