You are here

Routing App for H8000FW

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cordell

Routing App for H8000FW

Cordell
May 19, 2017 - 10:02 am

I understand the routing configuration setup inside the H8000FW, and I understand the routing app (sort of). What I can't figure out if how to connect my Mac 10.1.1 to the Eventide with the config below. I also cant tell if I can do this without the app - 8 Ch ADAT into DSPDA, then B, then 8 channels out via ADAT. into Apogee, then Thunderbolt to Logic X.

My chain is simple : 8 channels analog into Apogee Symphony Mkii, 8 channels ADAT out from Apogee into H8000FW ADAT in. Then the processed 8 channels of ADAT are fed back into Apogee Channels 9-16. Apogee to Mac via Thunderbolt into Logic X

Would appreciate any help and insight. The manuals are helpful for most aspects but not clear on this. My Macbook Pro has Thunderbolt, USB3.0, HDMI, and SD jacks.

Cory

Tags: 
nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose
nickrose
May 19, 2017 - 11:32 am

You don't actually say what your problem is.

I'm going to assume that you are not getting audio, in which case I would suggest that you use factory routing "ADAT A->B".

Make sure that SETUP/clock is set to ADAT or WC as appropriate.

Cordell
Cordell
May 19, 2017 - 11:48 am

Sorry I wasn't clear. 

a) Without connecting the my Macbook to the Eventide and using the Router App, Can i set up the H8000FW for the following simple chain: ADAT 1-8 into DSPa, then 1-8 from DSPa to DSPb,  then 1-8 to ADAT out - using one of the Presets? Can I avoid dealing with the router app, because while it is awesome control, i dont get some of it, such as......

b) If I do want to use the Routing App, I'm not clear on how to physically connect my MacBook to the H8000FW; real world jacks, plugs, signal chains. I dont think my Mac DAW will speak backwards through the chain to the Eventide, but all I have are Thunderbolt, USB 3.0 and HDMI jacks on my MacBook Pro with the Routing App. 

Cordell
Cordell
May 19, 2017 - 08:39 pm

I reread your answer a couple times. I just wasnt sure which preset if any fit the bill. I will look at the list for the ADAT A>B

Thanks

Cordell

nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose
nickrose
May 22, 2017 - 10:39 am

Cordell wrote:

I reread your answer a couple times. I just wasnt sure which preset if any fit the bill. I will look at the list for the ADAT A>B

It's routing preset 12. Also see UM p.27.