You are here

Setting up the h8000

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dicko855

Setting up the h8000

June 11, 2019 - 08:12 pm

Hi everyone,

Just got an h8000 but don't know how to work it. I am on a very simple set up of microphone in too input analogue 1 and amp connected to analogue output one. I can select a preset and it will load up but I can't hear anything through the amp and mic unless I hit the bypass button which isn't much use!

I think it may have something to do with the setup button, as well as assigning the correct inputs and outputs.

But I'm a bit confused and daunted by all the parameters. Do you think you would be able to get me up and running?

nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose
June 11, 2019 - 09:08 pm

It does sound like you need to spend many hours reading the User Manual. Please do this - it really is the only way to learn how to use a sophisticated unit like the H8000.

One problem you may have is that the input is a Line Level input and is not suitable for a direct microphone connection - you will need to use some kind of Mike preamp between the mike and the H8000. Alternatively, it's also common to feed it from a mixing desk.

If you were sensible enough to get the unit from a good dealer, he will hopefully help you.