You are here

Can I take tap tempo into H9 and send out as MIDI clock?

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
lordradish
Joined: Jan 2 2015
Posts: 101

Can I take tap tempo into H9 and send out as MIDI clock?

April 10, 2019 - 02:51 pm

Hey, folks,

I've been doing a few things to get all of my pedals on my board in sync, and I have an external tap tempo I'd like to go into the H9. My pigtronix infinity looper, however, will only take a midi clock for tempo, so I'm wondering, is there a way to send the tempo out over midi on the H9 (based on the tap tempo in), and then send it to MIDI out, and if so, how would I do this?

Thanks.

Tags: 
bohan's picture
Eventide Staff
bohan
Joined: Jan 9 2018
Posts: 435
April 10, 2019 - 04:09 pm

lordradish wrote:

I've been doing a few things to get all of my pedals on my board in sync, and I have an external tap tempo I'd like to go into the H9. My pigtronix infinity looper, however, will only take a midi clock for tempo, so I'm wondering, is there a way to send the tempo out over midi on the H9 (based on the tap tempo in), and then send it to MIDI out, and if so, how would I do this?

Yes. You may enable MIDI Output Clock. You can do so on your H9 or in H9 Control.

On H9: Go to the setting menu by press and hold the HOTKNOB and the right footswitch, then go to MIDI -> CLK.OUT -> ON
In H9 Control: See my attachment.

lordradish
Joined: Jan 2 2015
Posts: 101
April 10, 2019 - 04:30 pm

Awesome, thank you.

lordradish
Joined: Jan 2 2015
Posts: 101
April 18, 2019 - 12:22 pm

Is there a way to recieve MIDI over 1/4 inch on the H9, as there is on some other newer pedals? I'm having some sync problems that I'd be able to address, if I were.

bohan's picture
Eventide Staff
bohan
Joined: Jan 9 2018
Posts: 435
April 18, 2019 - 02:29 pm

lordradish wrote:

Is there a way to recieve MIDI over 1/4 inch on the H9, as there is on some other newer pedals? I'm having some sync problems that I'd be able to address, if I were.

No. The 1/4 inch ports on H9 are only for audio and expression/auxiliary swtiches. What sync problems do you have?

lordradish
Joined: Jan 2 2015
Posts: 101
April 18, 2019 - 03:04 pm

I'm using multitap tempo pedal to send a tap to Disaster Area qConnect to send tempo to my Meris pedals, and another to my H9, and they're always off by a few BPM. I have some other possible solutions, but I wanted to check on this, first.

bohan's picture
Eventide Staff
bohan
Joined: Jan 9 2018
Posts: 435
April 18, 2019 - 04:12 pm

lordradish wrote:

I'm using multitap tempo pedal to send a tap to Disaster Area qConnect to send tempo to my Meris pedals, and another to my H9, and they're always off by a few BPM. I have some other possible solutions, but I wanted to check on this, first.

Maybe you can tap tempo on your H9 and send its clock to qConnect then to Meris.

camn
Joined: Sep 19 2016
Posts: 323
April 23, 2019 - 02:16 pm

Doesn't the qConnect also have a standard 5-pin Midi out?

 

If not- 1/4" to 5-pin is really just a converter cable. Anyone could make one.