You are here

Half Bushel of Peach Presets

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
brock's picture
brock
Joined: Jan 3 2010
Posts: 923

Half Bushel of Peach Presets

brock
May 20, 2017 - 06:53 am

50 additional [U]ser presets for the new PitchFuzz algorithm, in a Preset List container.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vor7pztk3xcm63l/Half%20Bushel%20Of%20Peach%20Presets.h9z?raw=1

Drag 'n' drop over H9 Control 2.8.1.  Any similarities to [F]actory presets is purely coincidental ( I never touch included presets until well after I've explored the new interface.  No preconceptions. )  Of course, gain-staging is Audio 101.  I've zeroed the Output Level in each preset here.  Tweak levels to your own system setup.

Every preset (except #50) includes integrated expression pedal control.  All HotSwitch mappings were removed.

Half Bushel Preset List:

  1. Riff Rock Layers
  2. Pinch Harmonics
  3. Organ Donor Card
  4. Quadra-Track DRV
  5. Machine Gun + EQ
  6. MGModular Tarkus
  7. Pedal + Sequence
  8. Golden Ambiences
  9. Jazz 7th Chords
  10. Storm Drain Clog
  11. Touch Of Octaves
  12. Off Green Ringer
  13. Swirl & Harmonic
  14. Burrowing Basses
  15. Four Oscillators
  16. Devilish Tritone
  17. Brassy PWR Chord
  18. Minor 3rd & 7th
  19. Distant Rumblers
  20. Fibonacci Gold
  21. Thick & Crunchy
  22. Europa WomanTone
  23. Pizzicato Shower
  24. Down In The 4th
  25. 2X Echo Addition
  26. Major 3rd Degree
  27. Power Chord Down
  28. Multiwave Octave
  29. Slap Delay Warps
  30. LG Bottom Feeder
  31. Can Can Cleaners
  32. 05 MAR Exp Drive
  33. One Third Off
  34. Multi-Dimensions
  35. 2-Bass Diffusion
  36. Own Lonely Peach
  37. Suspend Animate
  38. HammerOn Octaves
  39. Delta Intervals
  40. Shredded 'Schroom
  41. Blue Note Octave
  42. Stutter Express
  43. Dreams Of Tahiti
  44. Multi-Tap Panner
  45. Trailed By A 5th
  46. Hoover Bell Lead
  47. Dyad Spirographs
  48. Phase Drift Loop
  49. Higher Altitudes
  50. Zeroed PitchFuzz  [preset programming template]
maxpowersr
Joined: Dec 21 2014
Posts: 12
maxpowersr
May 20, 2017 - 07:31 pm

Thank you!

 

st.bede
Joined: May 7 2014
Posts: 93
st.bede
May 22, 2017 - 10:35 am

Thank you for shareing your presets. I can not get them to load. I draged and drop the folder onto H9 control, the H9 control opens but the presets are not there. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong? Again thank you much.

brock's picture
brock
Joined: Jan 3 2010
Posts: 923
brock
May 23, 2017 - 06:24 am

st.bede wrote:

... I can not get them to load. I draged and drop the folder onto H9 control, the H9 control opens but the presets are not there. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong? ...

Sorry to hear about the issues.  I just tried your described method (D'n'D before opening H9 Control), and the same thing happened.  If I launch H9 Control first, then drag 'n' drop over the open interface, I get "One Preset List and No Presets Imported".  The Preset List [L1000] is loaded up correctly.  This is under Windows 8.1.

Let me know if this works for you.  I could've sworn there was a complementary "Import" action to match the "Export Preset List" command, but apparently I haven't had enough cafe cubano yet.

mistercharlie's picture
mistercharlie
Joined: Mar 26 2017
Posts: 80
mistercharlie
May 24, 2017 - 05:18 am

Imports just fine on iPad.

Bodde's picture
Bodde
Joined: Oct 26 2014
Posts: 260
Bodde
May 27, 2017 - 03:29 am

Thanks for sharing Brock! Can you load these as a preset list? So that they don't show up in the algo themselves but only in a dedicated preset list?

brock's picture
brock
Joined: Jan 3 2010
Posts: 923
brock
May 27, 2017 - 07:03 pm

Bodde wrote:

Thanks for sharing Brock! Can you load these as a preset list? So that they don't show up in the algo themselves but only in a dedicated preset list?

I did upload them as a Preset [L]ist, Bodde, and limited that [L]ist to 50 presets.  It'd be difficult for me to determine whether the individual presets are available in the algorithm itself.  Here's why:

My process is to build each preset over time.  When I'm satisfied, the presets get loaded & arranged in a New Preset [L]ist.  So - by design - the individual presets here 'begin life' as a [U]ser preset, and show up in the algo.

I do know that auditioning the [L]ist will load each preset into the temporary "0" slot, and then you have to explicitly save it to a slot between 1-99 before it becomes part of your stored preset array (within the H9 pedal).

st.bede
Joined: May 7 2014
Posts: 93
st.bede
June 02, 2017 - 12:50 am

Thank you for the awesome presets. Some are mindblowingly hip. :)

brock's picture
brock
Joined: Jan 3 2010
Posts: 923
brock
June 05, 2017 - 08:42 pm

That's the coolest compliment that I've gotten in quite some time.  Thanks.  I tried to mix it up with some bread 'n' butter presets, along with the spacy ambient stuff.  There's just so much in there to take advantage of!

If it's feasible, try an expression pedal (or Aux switch, mapped to the expression pedal programming).  Check out the Pedal View tab to really see what goes on throughout the pedal travel.  As a rule of thumb, if a preset starts out busy and showcase-y, then the Toe position will tone it down.  Conversely, if the preset is a little mild, the Toe position slides in other components & more wildness.  Some presets will morph with more subtlety.

For example, a looping-type preset at default will continue to play back.  The Toe position of the expression pedal fades it out.  Or a favorite trick from the Diatonic algo:  delay times are changed & stuttered; depending on pedal position.  One of the more powerful targets for expression pedal is the unlikely Voices parameter; simply because of its positioning in the FX routing scheme.  PitchFuzz is a crazy-deep algorithm.

Given To Fly
Joined: May 23 2013
Posts: 132
Given To Fly
June 11, 2017 - 09:29 pm

brock wrote:

That's the coolest compliment that I've gotten in quite some time.  Thanks.  I tried to mix it up with some bread 'n' butter presets, along with the spacy ambient stuff.  There's just so much in there to take advantage of!

If it's feasible, try an expression pedal (or Aux switch, mapped to the expression pedal programming).  Check out the Pedal View tab to really see what goes on throughout the pedal travel.  As a rule of thumb, if a preset starts out busy and showcase-y, then the Toe position will tone it down.  Conversely, if the preset is a little mild, the Toe position slides in other components & more wildness.  Some presets will morph with more subtlety.

For example, a looping-type preset at default will continue to play back.  The Toe position of the expression pedal fades it out.  Or a favorite trick from the Diatonic algo:  delay times are changed & stuttered; depending on pedal position.  One of the more powerful targets for expression pedal is the unlikely Voices parameter; simply because of its positioning in the FX routing scheme.  PitchFuzz is a crazy-deep algorithm.

Have you met your match, algorithmically speaking? wink

brock's picture
brock
Joined: Jan 3 2010
Posts: 923
brock
June 19, 2017 - 03:38 pm

Given To Fly wrote:

Have you met your match, algorithmically speaking? wink

That could very well be, Mark.  I didn't hold out much hope originally, based on the initial NAMM descriptions. But I've been pleasantly surprised.  The multi-FX structure is one obvious reason for the depth.  The voice & effect routings adds another level.  It's the subtle interactions that have captured my attention lately.

For example, I'll set up some generic gain-staging:  guitar volume & tone controls around 7-8; healthy levels using H9 Control's meters & clip indicators.  Flip around the pickup selection, or swap out guitars with similar setups.  All of my PitchFuzz presets hold at 0 dB / unity gain now.  I'm really liking the variety that I can squeeze out, using only the on-board controls of the guitar(s).  Volume / tone are reactive for the full 0-10 range.

And there's still the occasional Eureka! moment.  Just last night, I started exploring wet signal-only, discrete glissando pitch shifts.  Something that cropped up here on the forum, & I never followed through on it.  All algorithms benefit from expression pedal control, but this one excels at delicate 'morphing'.

Given To Fly
Joined: May 23 2013
Posts: 132
Given To Fly
June 22, 2017 - 11:53 pm

brock wrote:

Given To Fly wrote:

Have you met your match, algorithmically speaking? wink

That could very well be, Mark.  I didn't hold out much hope originally, based on the initial NAMM descriptions. But I've been pleasantly surprised.  The multi-FX structure is one obvious reason for the depth.  The voice & effect routings adds another level.  It's the subtle interactions that have captured my attention lately.

For example, I'll set up some generic gain-staging:  guitar volume & tone controls around 7-8; healthy levels using H9 Control's meters & clip indicators.  Flip around the pickup selection, or swap out guitars with similar setups.  All of my PitchFuzz presets hold at 0 dB / unity gain now.  I'm really liking the variety that I can squeeze out, using only the on-board controls of the guitar(s).  Volume / tone are reactive for the full 0-10 range.

And there's still the occasional Eureka! moment.  Just last night, I started exploring wet signal-only, discrete glissando pitch shifts.  Something that cropped up here on the forum, & I never followed through on it.  All algorithms benefit from expression pedal control, but this one excels at delicate 'morphing'.

Wow! That certainly is saying something! I must confess, I have not even tried the demo yet. I've only listened to the examples. Perhaps it is my natural dislike for peaches and fuzz pedals that it is subconsciously making PitchFuzz a non-priority for me. When that changes I'll be sure to try out your half bushel of presets. yes