You are here

New algo's for 2018?

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
lordradish
Joined: Jan 2 2015
Posts: 97

New algo's for 2018?

January 25, 2018 - 12:17 pm

I'm surprised there hasn't been any buzz about a new algo for the H9, considering it seems we get about two a year. With NAMM happening, I figured there'd be one. Anyone heard anything?

Tags: 
Driven Crane
Joined: Nov 30 2017
Posts: 10

lordradish wrote:

April 25, 2018 - 03:49 pm

lordradish wrote:

I'm surprised there hasn't been any buzz about a new algo for the H9, considering it seems we get about two a year. With NAMM happening, I figured there'd be one. Anyone heard anything?

i am waiting too...

smj
Joined: May 17 2015
Posts: 11

Wonder if the H9 is nearing

April 26, 2018 - 10:06 am

Wonder if the H9 is nearing its shelf life as far as Eventide support if concerned. It's about 5 years old now? That's a long time in the digital world. Perhaps a new version is on the horizon....

Sean Meredith-Jones
www.seanmeredithjones.com

gkellum's picture
Eventide Staff
gkellum
Joined: Mar 2 2011
Posts: 2244

We have been distracted by

April 26, 2018 - 10:24 am

We have been distracted by other projects. The H9000 in particular has been tying up a bunch of people.

We have been doing some R&D on something new for the H9 that might or might not pan out. If it doesn't, there are some other interesting possibilities we could pursue that are surer things.

lordradish
Joined: Jan 2 2015
Posts: 97

Does that mean that we'll

April 26, 2018 - 10:36 am

Does that mean that we'll still get another algo or two, eventually?

gkellum's picture
Eventide Staff
gkellum
Joined: Mar 2 2011
Posts: 2244

lordradish wrote:

April 26, 2018 - 02:54 pm

lordradish wrote:

Does that mean that we'll still get another algo or two, eventually?

If any of us say yes to that, something terrible will happen.  One of our colleagues will get hit by a bus or something.  I think there's a higher power at work determined to make liars out of us everytime we make any sort of public commitment on our forums.

brock's picture
brock
Joined: Jan 3 2010
Posts: 842

Just A Joke, Folks

April 26, 2018 - 03:08 pm

gkellum wrote:

If any of us say yes to that, something terrible will happen.  One of our colleagues will get hit by a bus or something ...

Aha!  A hidden clue!  So it's a bit reduction / decimator algorithm?  wink

Given To Fly
Joined: May 23 2013
Posts: 120

gkellum wrote:

April 28, 2018 - 10:37 pm

gkellum wrote:

lordradish wrote:

Does that mean that we'll still get another algo or two, eventually?

If any of us say yes to that, something terrible will happen.  One of our colleagues will get hit by a bus or something.  I think there's a higher power at work determined to make liars out of us everytime we make any sort of public commitment on our forums.

I do not visit pedal forums, but guitar forums have threads about pedals. One thing I've noticed is everybody is fairly reasonable when it comes to their expectations of any given pedal...except the H9. The expectations for the H9 are so much higher than anything else on the marker. It is a little weird. I feel the H9 was meant as a utilitarian pedal so that it could be a phaser when you needed a phaser or a delay when you needed a delay but not a phaser. Today, it is a "solve all your problems pedal" and it is the only one. But if it could just solve a few more problems like the brand_X does....

I do not blame you for making commitments to people you do not know and who most likely won't buy what they ask for in the first place. With that said, the H9 would probably be a good product to keep around. ;) I know you know that but I like to play "armchair CEO" every now and then. ;)

Driven Crane
Joined: Nov 30 2017
Posts: 10

I am very disappointed

May 01, 2018 - 02:02 pm

I am very disappointed because of there's still no new algorithms for my H9. I use it very intensively...

danielgil
Joined: Aug 25 2017
Posts: 1

A cab sim algorithm would be

May 06, 2018 - 05:54 pm

A cab sim algorithm would be killer!

bodde's picture
bodde
Joined: Oct 26 2014
Posts: 232

Driven Crane wrote:

May 08, 2018 - 06:41 am

Driven Crane wrote:

I am very disappointed because of there's still no new algorithms for my H9. I use it very intensively...

Just enjoy what you have already. That's plenty alrwdy. Everything new I consider as an extra.

peterfrequency
Joined: Dec 22 2016
Posts: 29

Understand not wanting to

May 11, 2018 - 02:33 pm

Understand not wanting to over promise. H9000 looks amazing, hopefully one day. Definitely excited about a possible algorithms! Makes the H9 much easier to recommend.

I’d be happy with anything new (really), but these would be very welcomed:

- A live input granular processor a la iPad’s Borderlands.

- A new experimental reverb.

- More aged tape warmth/emulation and warble.

- Filterbank!

- Boards of Canada-style woozy modulation/distortion

You can probably see my inclinations clearly there. ;)

And have to mention, ability to map X, Y, Z parameters to external MIDI CC control would absolutely open these pedals up! Would love to build focused patches/presets that I can control from a separate tabletop controller without having to map all 10 or 11 parameters for each pedal. That would be enough for me to buy a 3rd or 4th unit I reckon, and many more tabletop users would get interested. :)

-

-

-

martinredolatti
Joined: Mar 8 2018
Posts: 4

+1 to the better tape

May 13, 2018 - 01:31 am

+1 to the better tape emulation :). A softer attack and a non-boosted bass when the highs are filtered would be amazing.
Really looking forward to this

llemtt
Joined: Oct 14 2011
Posts: 36

+1 to the better tape

May 14, 2018 - 06:47 am

+1

Driven Crane
Joined: Nov 30 2017
Posts: 10

+1

May 17, 2018 - 12:55 pm

+1

martinredolatti
Joined: Mar 8 2018
Posts: 4

So it's settled, Mr Eventide

May 17, 2018 - 02:31 pm

So it's settled, Mr Eventide will give us a new tape delay and the option of running two delays in series withour patch cables laugh

tencentcat
Joined: Oct 12 2017
Posts: 6

peterfrequency wrote:

May 20, 2018 - 02:10 pm
peterfrequency wrote:

Understand not wanting to over promise. H9000 looks amazing, hopefully one day. Definitely excited about a possible algorithms! Makes the H9 much easier to recommend.

I’d be happy with anything new (really), but these would be very welcomed:

- A live input granular processor a la iPad’s Borderlands.

- A new experimental reverb.

- More aged tape warmth/emulation and warble.

- Filterbank!

- Boards of Canada-style woozy modulation/distortion

You can probably see my inclinations clearly there. ;)

And have to mention, ability to map X, Y, Z parameters to external MIDI CC control would absolutely open these pedals up! Would love to build focused patches/presets that I can control from a separate tabletop controller without having to map all 10 or 11 parameters for each pedal. That would be enough for me to buy a 3rd or 4th unit I reckon, and many more tabletop users would get interested. :)

-

-

-

Absolute yes to any and all of these.

Driven Crane
Joined: Nov 30 2017
Posts: 10

Still there's no news?

June 24, 2018 - 04:29 pm

Still there's no news?

bodde's picture
bodde
Joined: Oct 26 2014
Posts: 232

My gut feeling says something

June 26, 2018 - 05:09 am

My gut feeling says something major is coming. I suspect a new hardware version of the H9 or something (H9 mark 2 or H10?). Something with more knobs and buttons that makes presets switching and effect teaking on the hardware itself more easy. It is not based on anything but we haven't hear anything from the H9 in more than six months. I see this as calm before the storm....

mistercharlie's picture
mistercharlie
Joined: Mar 26 2017
Posts: 64

bodde wrote:

June 26, 2018 - 04:43 pm
bodde wrote:

My gut feeling says something major is coming. I suspect a new hardware version of the H9 or something (H9 mark 2 or H10?). Something with more knobs and buttons that makes presets switching and effect teaking on the hardware itself more easy. It is not based on anything but we haven't hear anything from the H9 in more than six months. I see this as calm before the storm....

I hope not, because I just bought a second H9!

the.godfather
Joined: Feb 25 2018
Posts: 2

mistercharlie wrote:

June 27, 2018 - 04:20 am

mistercharlie wrote:
bodde wrote:

My gut feeling says something major is coming. I suspect a new hardware version of the H9 or something (H9 mark 2 or H10?). Something with more knobs and buttons that makes presets switching and effect teaking on the hardware itself more easy. It is not based on anything but we haven't hear anything from the H9 in more than six months. I see this as calm before the storm....

I hope not, because I just bought a second H9!

Me too!

the.godfather
Joined: Feb 25 2018
Posts: 2

I just bought a second H9 too

June 27, 2018 - 04:24 am

I just bought a second H9 too!

bodde's picture
bodde
Joined: Oct 26 2014
Posts: 232

I heard some rumours that a

June 30, 2018 - 04:52 am

I heard some rumours that a new H9 algo will be introduced at the coming NAMM?

thossie
Joined: Jun 25 2016
Posts: 2

New algos

July 04, 2018 - 10:58 pm

I second the motion on cab simulation algorithm.

All in favor?

Done. (Eventide?)

thossie
Joined: Jun 25 2016
Posts: 2

thossie wrote:

July 13, 2018 - 01:01 pm
thossie wrote:

I second the motion on cab simulation algorithm.

All in favor?

Done. (Eventide?)

tencentcat
Joined: Oct 12 2017
Posts: 6

An amp/cab sim would be crazy

July 18, 2018 - 11:22 pm

An amp/cab sim would be crazy handy for sure.

Also hoping for more glitchy kinda stuff.

macgee
Joined: Sep 13 2012
Posts: 14

I believe new algos will come

July 30, 2018 - 04:59 pm

I believe new algos will come - I think we're still at the early stages with the H9 type product

What do we know..
H9 uses an arm processor and the H9000 has 16 (4 quads Arms). They've been flat out getting that out the door and are now fine tuning.
Re algos, I think they're still porting older H series DSP algos to Arm (cos many haven't yet made it from older H series) but more importantly they will start to release new algos for which they claim Arm provides much more possiblities. With them fully invested in this architecture at minimum for the next 10 years (my feeling is much longer since the processors in H9000 are upgradeable), hopefully the H9 enjoys the ride too.

Multi-processor H90 or H900 on the horizon, next gen eclipse - capable of running multiple algos simultaneously in any order, etc..

Driven Crane
Joined: Nov 30 2017
Posts: 10

2018?

August 11, 2018 - 06:50 am

i have bought a second Core.  I need more of algorithms!

bodde's picture
bodde
Joined: Oct 26 2014
Posts: 232

It has been more than one

September 22, 2018 - 06:24 pm

It has been more than one year since Pitch Fuzz. Really wonder what Eventide future plans for the H9 are. Because it is so quiet one keeps wondering. Are they working on a new hardware version with more knobs? Or are they planning any new algo's for the H9?

camn
Joined: Sep 19 2016
Posts: 217

https://www.eventideaudio.com

September 23, 2018 - 08:46 am
davebrubaker
Joined: Jul 20 2017
Posts: 16

Looks like Eventide removed

September 26, 2018 - 01:03 pm

Looks like Eventide removed the thread seeking beta testers. Hope they are considering the people who already repiied to the request.

gkellum's picture
Eventide Staff
gkellum
Joined: Mar 2 2011
Posts: 2244

davebrubaker wrote:

September 26, 2018 - 01:26 pm

davebrubaker wrote:

Looks like Eventide removed the thread seeking beta testers. Hope they are considering the people who already repiied to the request.

We recorded the last half a dozen people who replied before deleting the thread. You should hear from us shortly.

davebrubaker
Joined: Jul 20 2017
Posts: 16

Curious if anything is moving

October 01, 2018 - 08:27 pm

Curious if anything is moving forward with the beta test? You don't have to post this, just curious since I haven't heard anything. Thanks!

Hermetech's picture
Hermetech
Joined: Oct 13 2015
Posts: 9

Would love to have the SP2016

October 07, 2018 - 09:09 am

Would love to have the SP2016 Reverb algorithms added to the H9.