You are here

Pre/Post Routing

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eventide Staff
AAgnello
Joined: Jan 27 2008
Posts: 162

Pre/Post Routing

(Eventide Staff)
July 17, 2015 - 03:42 pm

Here's a more detailed doc describing set up and use of Pre/Post Routing:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/setting-prepost-routing-options-h9

And here's a video tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46_-T7emyjw

Bodde's picture
Bodde
Joined: Oct 26 2014
Posts: 245
July 19, 2015 - 03:38 am

Just to be sure. Is the default setting for al presets Pre? So if I didn't change anything everything remains the way it was before the pre/post was there?

gkellum's picture
gkellum
Joined: Mar 2 2011
Posts: 2280
July 19, 2015 - 09:45 am

Bodde wrote:

Just to be sure. Is the default setting for al presets Pre? So if I didn't change anything everything remains the way it was before the pre/post was there?

Yes, the default setting for all preset is Pre.  The intention was that if you don't change anything everything remains the way it was before the pre/post was there.

Bodde's picture
Bodde
Joined: Oct 26 2014
Posts: 245
July 19, 2015 - 01:38 pm

Ok, thanks. Just what I wanted to know! great that you made it like that!

anibalresendez's picture
anibalresendez
Joined: May 11 2015
Posts: 16
July 22, 2015 - 12:37 am

What's the best way to use 2 H9 and the fx Loop of my amp?

1 way is using 1 in front and 1 in the fx Loop, but with the pre/post routing is there another (better) way to do it?

rlynch
Joined: Jul 3 2015
Posts: 21
July 22, 2015 - 11:42 am

you could invest in a quality footcontroller. I have a GigRig G2 kinda pricey but well worth it imo. I use 2 amps stereo and use both fx loops at the same time for 1 h9 the other goes pre/post in front of amp..loop 3 and loop 8 on controller. You can check out my post if interested its kinda detailed but shows what you can do with 2 amps, G2 (or other controllers), and 2 h9's.

posted under.. G2-stereo-dual amps -dual h9's-dual fx loops

anibalresendez's picture
anibalresendez
Joined: May 11 2015
Posts: 16
July 23, 2015 - 11:27 am

That's very insteresting but, I'm lowsizing my pedalboard to only 2 H9s, and a couple of pedals, B3K and HM-2 for bass, and for the guitar I use the EVH 5150 and an EP booster. (I play bass in one band and guitar in another)

so the thing is how to squeeze every drop of greatness out of my H9s

 

 

anibalresendez's picture
anibalresendez
Joined: May 11 2015
Posts: 16
July 23, 2015 - 12:39 pm

This is the way I connect both H9

but the thing is that the 1st H9 it has to be ALWAYS in pre, because if I put it in POST, the audio signal comes from the FX Loop and it blends the clean signal from the guitar and the fx signal 

so is the same thing to plug it like this or to put one in front and one in the fx loop, since I cant change the input of the signal flow 

unless I am doing something wrong...

 

 

 

 

Attachment
Stax_911
Joined: Sep 17 2012
Posts: 42
July 23, 2015 - 06:11 pm

gkellum wrote:

Bodde wrote:

Just to be sure. Is the default setting for al presets Pre? So if I didn't change anything everything remains the way it was before the pre/post was there?

Yes, the default setting for all preset is Pre.  The intention was that if you don't change anything everything remains the way it was before the pre/post was there.

Hello, Would it be possible to give us the choice to put the default setting for all preset on "Pre" or "Post". For me it would far more convenient to have the default setting on "Post". Thank you for your help.

spaceJam
Joined: Jan 21 2015
Posts: 170
September 11, 2015 - 08:02 pm

Stax_911 wrote:

gkellum wrote:

Bodde wrote:

Just to be sure. Is the default setting for al presets Pre? So if I didn't change anything everything remains the way it was before the pre/post was there?

Yes, the default setting for all preset is Pre.  The intention was that if you don't change anything everything remains the way it was before the pre/post was there.

Hello, Would it be possible to give us the choice to put the default setting for all preset on "Pre" or "Post". For me it would far more convenient to have the default setting on "Post". Thank you for your help.

 

 

 

 

 

This would be nice.

 

I second it.

snakle
Joined: Jan 15 2016
Posts: 20
January 18, 2016 - 12:17 am
spaceJam wrote:

Stax_911 wrote:

gkellum wrote:

Bodde wrote:

Just to be sure. Is the default setting for al presets Pre? So if I didn't change anything everything remains the way it was before the pre/post was there?

Yes, the default setting for all preset is Pre.  The intention was that if you don't change anything everything remains the way it was before the pre/post was there.

Hello, Would it be possible to give us the choice to put the default setting for all preset on "Pre" or "Post". For me it would far more convenient to have the default setting on "Post". Thank you for your help.

 

 

 

 

 

This would be nice.

 

I second it.

Ditto

homeless
Joined: Jan 1 2016
Posts: 4
January 26, 2016 - 04:11 pm

snakle wrote:
spaceJam wrote:

Stax_911 wrote:

gkellum wrote:

Bodde wrote:

Just to be sure. Is the default setting for al presets Pre? So if I didn't change anything everything remains the way it was before the pre/post was there?

Yes, the default setting for all preset is Pre.  The intention was that if you don't change anything everything remains the way it was before the pre/post was there.

Hello, Would it be possible to give us the choice to put the default setting for all preset on "Pre" or "Post". For me it would far more convenient to have the default setting on "Post". Thank you for your help.

 

 

 

 

 

This would be nice.

 

I second it.

Ditto

 

+1.  I just went and had to change multiple preset lists, one by one, to post.  Would be nice if this could be stremlined in some way.

bondi5000
Joined: Jun 6 2019
Posts: 2
October 09, 2019 - 07:17 pm

Hi all,

I've set up 2 x H9s to my DJ mixer which has stereo FX send/returns. The issue I'm having is that one of the H9s is not generating the selected FX. I've swapped both units around and it's still the same unit which is not generating FX. However, if I de-activate the FX then it stops sending through the FX signal from the other "working unit". 

On the face of it this unit looks to be working fine - lal the indicator lights are working etc. Is there a setting in the menu system I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose
Joined: Jan 17 2008
Posts: 4393
October 09, 2019 - 08:18 pm

bondi5000 wrote:

Hi all,

I've set up 2 x H9s to my DJ mixer which has stereo FX send/returns. The issue I'm having is that one of the H9s is not generating the selected FX. I've swapped both units around and it's still the same unit which is not generating FX. However, if I de-activate the FX then it stops sending through the FX signal from the other "working unit". 

On the face of it this unit looks to be working fine - lal the indicator lights are working etc. Is there a setting in the menu system I'm missing?

I'm guessing that your units are connected in series (one connected to the other which is connected to your mixer - please say if I'm wrong).

Are your units set up the same way, especially the BYPASS settings ? I suspect not. Please re-initialize them both (see UM for details). This may help.