You are here

What does the H9 power supply look like?

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
bengarland
Joined: Dec 1 2019
Posts: 16

What does the H9 power supply look like?

bengarland
January 30, 2020 - 07:49 am

I have two relatively new H9 units and somehow, upon rearranging my studio, I have misplaced the power supplies. I have a few that definitely meet the specs, but none of them say Eventide on them. Can somebody please take a pic of their power supply, including the label on it, and post here? Or am I crazy, and the H9 just doesn't come with a power supply? Thanks!

Fender17
Joined: Jan 31 2017
Posts: 47
Fender17
January 30, 2020 - 09:17 am

bengarland wrote:

 I have a few that definitely meet the specs, but none of them say Eventide on them.

My power supply has Eventide written on the label. It Is HS12401R. Otput 9V DC, 500 mA, + on centre. I have a European power supply and it does not have changeable adapters for dfferent countries, so the powr supply for other regions differs for sure. 

bohan's picture
Eventide Staff
bohan
Joined: Jan 9 2018
Posts: 871
bohan
January 30, 2020 - 11:00 am
bengarland
Joined: Dec 1 2019
Posts: 16
bengarland
January 31, 2020 - 01:40 am

bohan wrote:

Like this:

https://store.eventideaudio.com/collections/accessories/products/power-supplies-for-stompboxes

 

Just to clarify, every H9 sold comes with a power supply in the box? I've turned my studio upside down and can't find an Eventide branded supply for either one of my H9s.

nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose
Joined: Jan 17 2008
Posts: 4665
nickrose
January 31, 2020 - 08:20 am

bengarland wrote:

Just to clarify, every H9 sold comes with a power supply in the box? I've turned my studio upside down and can't find an Eventide branded supply for either one of my H9s.

Every H9 supplied by Eventide comes with an Eventide power supply in the box.

Usually, you would notice its absence when you first opened the box. It is remotely possible that one might be omitted, but vanishly unlikely that two would be missing.

 

bengarland
Joined: Dec 1 2019
Posts: 16
bengarland
January 31, 2020 - 08:58 am

nickrose wrote:

Every H9 supplied by Eventide comes with an Eventide power supply in the box.

Usually, you would notice its absence when you first opened the box. It is remotely possible that one might be omitted, but vanishly unlikely that two would be missing.

 

For sure, I've definitely misplaced them somehow. Last question: I bought them in Japan which has US style electric power. Would the power supplies have fixed prongs, or the slide off adapters?

nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose
Joined: Jan 17 2008
Posts: 4665
nickrose
January 31, 2020 - 09:08 am

bengarland wrote:

Would the power supplies have fixed prongs, or the slide off adapters?

We may go to slide off adaptors in the future, but currently they are fixed.

 

bengarland
Joined: Dec 1 2019
Posts: 16
bengarland
January 31, 2020 - 09:57 am

Thanks for the help. This is indeed a mystery. I bought these two H9s about 2 months ago (here in Japan), then took a break from recording for the holidays after I played with them for a bit and updated the firmware (which I am nearly sure, I just plugged into one of my compatible power supplies that I already had on my bench). Now that I've rearranged my studio and went to finally integrate the H9s into my rig, I can't find the power supplies. I have all of the manuals and the black velvet bag but can't locate either of the power supplies. I've gone through every power supply in my studio, every box, every nook and cranny.

Is it completely improbable that I'd buy two H9s and neither one would come with a power supply? It seems just as improbable to me that I'd lose both of them... I'm just curious what you guys (at Eventide) think... because really I can't think of an explanation of how two identical power supplies would disappear, as nobody else has access to my studio and I definitely did not toss them out by mistake since I break down every box completely flat before I throw it out (and I actually used the H9 boxes as mailers to send some gifts to a friend, so I know the boxes were empty).

Anyway yeah... this is really weird.

bohan's picture
Eventide Staff
bohan
Joined: Jan 9 2018
Posts: 871
bohan
February 01, 2020 - 11:12 am

bengarland wrote:

Thanks for the help. This is indeed a mystery. I bought these two H9s about 2 months ago (here in Japan), then took a break from recording for the holidays after I played with them for a bit and updated the firmware (which I am nearly sure, I just plugged into one of my compatible power supplies that I already had on my bench). Now that I've rearranged my studio and went to finally integrate the H9s into my rig, I can't find the power supplies. I have all of the manuals and the black velvet bag but can't locate either of the power supplies. I've gone through every power supply in my studio, every box, every nook and cranny.

Is it completely improbable that I'd buy two H9s and neither one would come with a power supply? It seems just as improbable to me that I'd lose both of them... I'm just curious what you guys (at Eventide) think... because really I can't think of an explanation of how two identical power supplies would disappear, as nobody else has access to my studio and I definitely did not toss them out by mistake since I break down every box completely flat before I throw it out (and I actually used the H9 boxes as mailers to send some gifts to a friend, so I know the boxes were empty).

Anyway yeah... this is really weird.

Oh I didn't know you are from Japan. Because Japan has a specific certificatation requirement for the power supply, so our Japanse distirbutor has a different power supply for the H9. You can send a email to them and ask what their power supply look like.

bengarland
Joined: Dec 1 2019
Posts: 16
bengarland
February 01, 2020 - 05:49 pm

bohan wrote:

Oh I didn't know you are from Japan. Because Japan has a specific certificatation requirement for the power supply, so our Japanse distirbutor has a different power supply for the H9. You can send a email to them and ask what their power supply look like.

 

What's their email address?

Eventide Staff
AAgnello
Joined: Jan 27 2008
Posts: 168
AAgnello
February 01, 2020 - 05:55 pm
bengarland
Joined: Dec 1 2019
Posts: 16
bengarland
February 01, 2020 - 06:30 pm

It must be this? These are the only 2 identical PS in my studio that I don't know what they go to and they seem to match the specs for the H9 -- I thought they were left over from some other stuff I bought, since I have one of these MerryKing brand PS (different voltage and connector size) that came with a cheap Chinese computer accessory. Didn't expect to see this brand to come with my H9s, but this must be it.

It says OUTPUT: 12V 500mA (center positive)

Mystery solved?

bengarland
Joined: Dec 1 2019
Posts: 16
bengarland
February 01, 2020 - 06:37 pm

Forgot the pic (attached) for future reference if anybody else has this issue.

Fender17
Joined: Jan 31 2017
Posts: 47
Fender17
February 02, 2020 - 08:18 am

Strange. My Eventide supply that came with H9 is 9V and H9 works. But spec written on H9 pedal says 12V.

bengarland
Joined: Dec 1 2019
Posts: 16
bengarland
February 02, 2020 - 05:02 pm

Yeah I don't understand either. Japan's power supply is functionally equivalent to the US (same plug, 100V vs 120V). The official Eventide power supply runs on 100V to 240V so it's a bit baffling that I got an unofficial one here in Japan. It probably doesn't matter in the end since it's all made in China and the same "quality".

I do wonder if my H9 will run slightly hotter since the internal voltage regulator will work harder on an input of 12V vs 9V?

nickrose's picture
Eventide Staff
nickrose
Joined: Jan 17 2008
Posts: 4665
nickrose
February 02, 2020 - 05:32 pm

As Bohan mentioned, the Japanese power supply has to meet local regulations, so may be slightly different.

The H9 has a high-efficiency switching power supply, so will not get hotter at 12V.