You are here

Will a Boss FV500H exp.pdl work with Eventide stompboxes?

Login to Post to Forums

You must be logged in to the Eventide website in order to post to our forums. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one. You may also reset your password.

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
wilkinsi's picture
wilkinsi

Will a Boss FV500H exp.pdl work with Eventide stompboxes?

wilkinsi
April 01, 2012 - 05:31 pm

I know it will work with my Boss GT-10, but am hoping I can control both that and my Space pedal at the same time.

wilkinsi's picture
wilkinsi
wilkinsi
April 03, 2012 - 04:26 pm

Bonus question: Assuming the Boss FV500H is compatible, I want to send commands to three stompboxes simultaneously (e.g.: control pitch on the Pitchfactor, control modulation level on Space, control phaser depth on GT-10). Will splitter boxes cause problems even though they are designed to work with stereo cables?

badmelonfarmer's picture
badmelonfarmer
badmelonfarmer
April 09, 2012 - 12:30 pm

Not sure about the H version, but I used the L version fine.

I did use a splitter box when I had three factors... It technically worked... But was not very practical to be honest as it controlled too much that just seemed to make things a mess... I suppose I could have spent more time switching off the factors I did not want to control.... But it go kinda complicated.

Another way to do it is control the first factor with a single lead then control the others with MIDI.

For me, in the end I opted for a mission expression pedal that has 2 channels, you change channels with a toe press... Down side is you can only control 2 units and only one at a time... Unless you use the midi option.

wilkinsi's picture
wilkinsi
wilkinsi
April 10, 2012 - 11:59 am

The Space's spec sheet says the exp pedal socket requires a mono 1/4 jack, not a stereo like my Boss unit. I was under the impression a stereo cable would be seperate send and return/toe and heel, no?

As for the FV500, the L means low impedance, the H meaning high impedance, so I'd be able to use the H version as a volume pedal if required at some stage. Both versions only have one EXP jack, hence the need for a splitter for controlling parameters on both the Boss GT-10 and the Eventide Space at the same time.

badmelonfarmer's picture
badmelonfarmer
badmelonfarmer
April 10, 2012 - 12:13 pm

Understood... Re HIgh and Low impedance ... Although in all honesty I have used the L version cot volume too without the drama I expected.

The splitter box I had made was all TRS ... Let me go and check again as it was years ago that I was using it with my TimeFactor and ModFactor then the PitchFactor... But I changed to Mission Just after the PitchFactor came out

Let me go and check to see if it works with Space as I would probably have only used the mission with Space.... But it is still a TRS.

badmelonfarmer's picture
badmelonfarmer
badmelonfarmer
April 10, 2012 - 12:23 pm

Just checked, buth TRS and Mono worked fine, TRS seemed to work out of the box as I would expect.... Heel = 0 Toe = 90 (need to calibrate I guess)

Interestingly Mono worked the other way and I had to play with the knob on the side to get it to go from heel = 100 to Toe = 0

Either way it works, but would need a little calibration work.

Tried it on a couple of stock presets ModEchoVerb and Blackhole.

I double checked and I do have the L version.

Cheers

Martin

wilkinsi's picture
wilkinsi
wilkinsi
April 10, 2012 - 02:16 pm

So stereo it is then. Thanks.

badmelonfarmer's picture
badmelonfarmer
badmelonfarmer
April 10, 2012 - 03:49 pm

No worries, happy to help.

Sorry I could not be speciffic with the H version.

wilkinsi's picture
wilkinsi
wilkinsi
April 17, 2012 - 12:31 pm

I connected the stereo jack to the Space. The SPC manual says move the exp pedal to heel, the EDITED LED flashes (briefly I might add), then move the knob to be controlled. By the time I move the FV500's pedal position, its already controlling two parameters I don't want. The EDITED LED also stops flashing/goes solid very quickly. Do I need to clear the exp assigns somehow? Is there a more intuitive way to assign the pedal to knob functions? All I want to do is control the Pitch A and B, so that when A moves to a positive amount, B moves to a negative. On another preset, I want the FV500 to adjust between Flange 100 and Sweptverb 100.

wilkinsi's picture
wilkinsi
wilkinsi
April 17, 2012 - 08:49 pm

Forget my 2nd example. I fixed that with the Hotswitch.

wilkinsi's picture
wilkinsi
wilkinsi
April 27, 2012 - 08:41 pm

I feel there must be a more intuitive way to clear and assign new EXP PDL settings, perhaps using FactorLib by setting (alpha-)numeric values for toe and heel position? Educate me please.