- Eventide Audio

Reply To:

Home Forums Reply To:

hywelg

No not really. I don't recall ever having this problem when I set up those patches. I've not used them for a while and had just revisited them.

Anyway. No I have already told the PF how to shift by telling it that I want a third above in the key of C Major. So it doesn't have to try any guess whether I want four or three semitones. All it has to do is recognise that there are two signal spikes on the input signal, one at 262Hz and one at 330Hz and by the rules I have told it to obey I want the 262 raising to 330 and the 330 to 392Hz. in the wet signal.

The pitch detection algorithm is obviously capable of polyphony, witness how it deals with Octaver etc. So its the application of the key scale rules that are the problem. In my original example G# is what the PF is adding to the E when the C is played first. Now having told it that I am in C:Maj how can it possibly believe that a G# is permitted given the rules that apply for that key? It knows the 8 possible notes, why on earth would it then decide to break that rule and play one from another key?

Something else I noticed. In Synthoniser, I get completely different generated notes depending on whether I play one note or two. And I mean play two individual notes, separately and then together and the results are different and largely unpredictable.