- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Updating H9 for CrushStation and Pre/Post Routing Options Reply To: Updating H9 for CrushStation and Pre/Post Routing Options

gkellum
Participant
13cwc13 wrote:

Is OSX 10.5.8  insufficient for new H9 upgrade?  Up until I downloaded the new control app the old control app worked great.  With an H9 and Timefactor. As soon as I downloaded and installed the 2.4 app it quits immediately. 

We didn't intentionally drop support for OSX 10.5.  What happened was that Apple started requiring that the iOS version of the app be built against iOS 8 with 64 bit support.  So, we had to upgrade to the latest version of the framework H9 Control is built on top of, and apparently, that's causing problems on OS 10.5.  

We should be able to give you a build of this version of the app that will work on Leopard next week.  We had one ready to go built against the older version of the framework we're using before we learned about Apple's rule change.  For now here's a link to the previous installer: https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.eventide.downloads/Installation+Files/Installation+Files+Stompboxes/H9Control_230_MAC.dmg

I'm not sure if we're going to be able to continue to support 10.5 in future releases.  We'll have to look into what's causing the problem(s).