- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 as a soundcard / WIn10 Reply To: H9000 as a soundcard / WIn10

tbskoglund
Eventide Staff
homer wrote:

Ok, seems like the setup did not like the USB extension cable I needed to put in to go from the rack to the laptop. Its working fine now without the extension.

The only annoyance to me is that I have to restart the 9K each time I unplug/plug  the cable. This thing doesnt seem to like Plug'n Play…Anything to fix that issue?

Glad that you were able to get it working! Please see this note from the H9000 user manual regarding USB extenders: 

Due to its design, USB cable has a normal maximum length of about 5 meters (16.4 feet), but you can get longer distances by using an Active USB Extension/Repeater Cable. Exceeding this maximum length without an Active USB Extension/Repeater Cable may cause issues. If you do use a USB extension, be sure it is a USB 2.0 or 3.0 extension, and not a USB 1.0 extension.

I'm on Mac, but if the USB cable gets unplugged and the H9000 isn't recognized by the computer, if I put my computer through a sleep cycle that will fix it.