- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Orville “ERROR: cannot update this preset. Do not use it – inform factory.” Reply To: Orville “ERROR: cannot update this preset. Do not use it – inform factory.”

kwow1126
Participant

Ok, something strange is happening. Just for the hell of it, I decided to try “fix internal” from the service menu. After doing this, I was still getting the same “ERROR: cannot update this preset. Do not use it – inform factory” message. Then for whatever reason, I tried putting the old battery back (the one that I thought was dead). As I was rebooting, it said something like it detects that there’s new RAM and asked if I want to erase or initialize it. I said yes and after that the “ERROR: cannot update this preset …” message went away. It stopped jump quickly from “Loading Program B” to the error message.

So I’m thinking:

1. The checksum message that I was getting initially was not because of dead battery, but instead because the data in the RAM somehow was corrupted. and

2. The few new batteries (I bought multipack of CR2330 because I would have had to wait a long time to get a BR2330) were all bad or somehow incompatible?

I don’t know.

If there’s any new development or changes, I will report back.

Thank you