Beta Tester Presets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author
      colabelli

Hey all,

The time has come to submit user presets. Once you download the newest version of TriceraChorus (5.8.4[2]), please feel free to start constucting your presets and upload them under this forum topic. Please make sure that you follow the guidelines for making presets as outlined below. The submission deadline is this Tuesday, December 17th by 6:00pm Eastern Standard Time. Thanks so much and we can't wait to see what you come up with! 

Presets

On the last week of the Beta program, we expect you to provide a least three of your latest and greatest presets with a short description for each. The initial software release will include Factory Presets contributed by our beta testers. You can submit presets by exporting them from H9 Control as .h9z files and posting them to the forum (We will create a thread when the time is right).

Every Preset should have:

1)  Preset Name – Make something up!  If possible, consider that the preset name will appear on the 6 character display of the H9.  We may elect to change preset names. 

2)  Parameter Settings – The heart of your sound created from the 10 algorithm parameter settings plus OUT LEVEL. 

3)  Tempo – for presets that are Tempo sensitive, turn Tempo ON, set appropriate BPM, and choose desired Rates/Delays/Etc. as a function of note duration (such as a constant ¼ Note Delay). For presets that should be independent of Tempo, turn Tempo OFF and dial in desired Rate/Delay/Etc. in Hz/mS. (such as a chorusing effect or slap echo).

Show More...

4)  Exp. Pedal / Hotknob / H9 Control Ribbon Patch – Every H9 preset must include a pedal patch.  As well, all the parameters of the Preset’s default state (initial loaded state) should lie INSIDE the range of these mappings.

5)  HotSwitch Setting – Every H9 Preset must include a setting for the HotSwitch. 

6) X Y Z Assigments – Every H9 Preset must include XYZ radio button assignments.  Typically, these are the most important parameters for the particular preset.

7)  Description – describe the sound that you’re trying to create and how it might relate to something you’ve heard on a record or achieved using another effects pedal. Explain what the effect does as you move the pedal from heel to toe. 

Show Less...
      camn
      Participant

OK here is one.

DESCRIPTION:

Clean notes with tails that desinigrate into detuned, chorousey chaos. Expression pedal increases overall chaos. Hotswitch adds delay for a slap-back kind of effect.

davebrubaker
      Participant

A slow swirling choral sound with a phase that becomes more pronounced with the expression pedal. Hot button switches to a chorus setting with a brighter tone and a slightly faster rate.

davebrubaker
      Participant

Here’s the screen shot. Not sure why it didn’t show up in the post the first time. (please delete this if it doesn’t work. Thanks!)

themoonshook
      Participant

This preset makes use of the expanded delay time and tone paramater. At first, it sounds like a dark and muffled wiggly repeat next door but as you rock the expression pedal, it comes into focus in your living room. Press the Hotswitch to bring it even closer.

jonmoody
      Participant

This was working on a bass chorus that hit that subtle “Weather Report” beauty and could get “Punk Jazz” intense, with help of the exp pedal. 

jonmoody
      Participant

A biting chorus that pairs really well with a good fuzz or overdrive, without muddying it up. The exp pedal brings the envelope rate into play, taking it into ring mod territory.

themoonshook
      Participant

If you push this preset’s buttons, it will yell back at you. Though, it comes to its senses pretty quickly thanks to the envelope parameter and calms down. Treat it nice and it will be nice in return. Hit the Hotswitch to liven up the conversation.

jonmoody
      Participant

Getting a fuller rotary cab tone, complete with tap tempo and the exp pedal to help adjust the rate. 

themoonshook
      Participant

It’s a beautiful spring day and the butterflies are flying around or whatever the hell they do. Except one…he just can’t figure it out. Every time you think he’s catching on, you step on the expression pedal and Hotswitch and it causes him to flap around vigorously in circles. 

davebrubaker
      Participant

Vibecore: A lovely pulsing rotary sound. Envelope speeds up the rate of the trails. Expression pedal controls the speed from slow to medium.

davebrubaker
      Participant

Nice Chime: Ringing tones add jangle and chime to your chords and arpeggios. Expression pedal takes the sound from a subtle ringing chorus to a fuller tone with more depth.

davebrubaker
      Participant

Wyld Honey Pi: A surprisingly usable warbley vibrato that would make Paul proud. Expression goes from normal to wobbly.

davebrubaker
      Participant

Brain Dmg: This one will keep the loonies on the path. A chimey, swirling, deep chorus shows off what this algo can do. Expression brightens up the sound in the toe position.

davebrubaker
      Participant

In my haste I uplaoded Brain Dmg twice. Here’s the patch for Dbl Strum. Sorry for the confusion.

camn
      Participant

This is for the Solo in Heart Shaped Box

adrian02885
      Participant

Pre sets 

adrian02885
      Participant

Pre set 2

adrian02885
      Participant

Pre set III

patodruida
      Participant

Hi all, 

Here are my presets.

First is “Under my Skin”. I was originally going to call it “Garbage” but I felt like few people would get the reference. This is kind of a holy grail preset for me. It is my attempt to FINALLY capture the mad chorused guitar riff that comes right after the first chorus in “Vow”, from Garbage’s debut album. I have tried to replicate the sound for years and suppose I came as close as I will get.

It is a combination of vibrato and chorus with some detuning added for good measure. Such a heavy modulated sound is meant to be used for single note lines with a generous amount of overdrive / fuzz / distortion. One can then use the exp. pedal to add some of the dry signal and roll back the detuning, allowing for more note definition and / or playing chords. 

patodruida
      Participant

Next preset is “Trees”. This one is also a very wet patch with heavy chorus and detuning. I was thinking of trees in the middle of a rainstorm. This one is also meant to be used with an overdriven sound but is more chord-friendly. Playing harder will reduce modulation a bit per the envelope mix setting. Exp pedal can rein in the chorus mix and depth OR it can make it go even wider and wilder. I recommend trying the most extreme settings with feedback. To me it’s almost intoxicating. 

patodruida
      Participant

Final preset is the “Clean Swirl”. This one is meant to be used with a clean sound but works with drive too. I wanted an 80’s sounding, Cocteau Twins-esque chorus that could help the guitar occupy as much space as possible. Exp. pedal lets the player add some detuning and depth to the central channel, making the sound even more chorused and ethereal. This, however, comes at the expense of note definiton so the hotswitch takes care of that in one go.

Ziyan
      Participant

Here are 3 of my favourite Presets using Tricerachorus. 

This is a link to a private soundcloud playlist so you can hear what they sound like. https://soundcloud.com/ziyanhossain/sets/h9-zh-presets/s-oPMEb

GH0$TZ – a note follows the picked/plucked note. This sounds great while muting or playing tapping parts. Gives a lush feel to chords and notes. Exp and Hotswitch both add different flavours of spice. Good for ambient/hip hop/electronic stuff.

WARBLZ – Uses vibrato for a bit of a subtle warbly undertone. Hotswitch changes the sound slightly and makes the warble less prominent in the mix. EXP heel/toe – full sweep creates a ‘glitch’ type effect.

SUMMER – fun summery chords that devolve to a darker, celestial/alien sounding tonality with Hotswitch. EXP adjusts ENV mix and R depth to create a subtle shift in tonality. 

Ziyan
      Participant

Oops – hit send, and I can’t seem to edit my post.

Additional Info:

The slight hum on recordings is picking up an ambient hum from an appliance in the room (that will be immediately removed from said room lol) . Preset is silent. 

No post processing/EQ etc applied. Sound is H9 straight into Apogee Duet running into a simple clean amp+ cab in Neural DSP Archetype Plini plugin. 

I can provide additional detail on parameters, etc + better descriptions but wanted to get these in on time. Sorry for the slight delay. 

colabelli

Thanks to everyone for submitting! We appreciate it. There were some killer presets in here… 

girlinagale
      Participant

Hi. I cannot work out how to share my presents. If I select More then Export Preset, I get a dialogue box with the Preset name.tide but no option to do anything else except back out of the dialogue (Save is greyed out).

Maybe someone can help, I’m  using Android tablet.

Do I just screenshot my presents and share here as images?

girlinagale
      Participant

Chorianda. Going for a sparkling chorus for synth pads and leads.

Turmeric. Same approach as above.

Cumin. Same aim as above.

Hing. Variation on above.

Stick Blender. Hand held soup blender can be set to slow, medium and fast with the expression pedal.

Jazzdistortion
      Participant

Hello and sorry for the delay, I had confused the date of delivery of presets with the date of the last weekly report.

These are 3 of my favorite presets I made for the tricerachorus algorithm.

Triceratop, is a preset inspired by Paul Jackson Jr, a light chorus, but present in every note and chord. For me it is a very rhythmic chorus, very eighties.

Designed to play clean and with a lot of compression to get that clean and crystalline sound. 

Show More...

Show Less...
      Jazzdistortion
      Participant
      Vibrola is a preset inspired by horror movies from the 50s and 60s.

It depends on the hotswitch and the expression pedal to go from a light and melodic vibrato to a fast vibrato, taken from an old movie.

Show More...
      Show Less...
      Jazzdistortion
      Participant
      Leslow

I am a very big fan of the leslie horn and in this preset I wanted to do something very special, LeSlow is a fairly slow rotary that goes at a fast speed, with which you can play very melodic things and then with the expression pedal you can go very slow, so sloooow that time starts to stop (joke).

Jazzdistortion
      Participant

TriCeratop

girlinagale
      Participant

My Preset Cumin, 

girlinagale
      Participant

My Preset Turmeric

girlinagale
      Participant

My Preset Stick Blender 

girlinagale
      Participant
      girlinagale wrote:

Chorianda. Going for a sparkling chorus for synth pads and leads.

Turmeric. Same approach as above.

Cumin. Same aim as above.

Hing. Variation on above.

Stick Blender. Hand held soup blender can be set to slow, medium and fast with the expression pedal.

Hi. I finally managed to find my exported presents and here is the first but the attachment says (0 bytes) so I think it still is not working for me. Using Android tablet.

Show More...
      Show Less...
Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.