- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes screwdriver for open eventide time factor power supply Reply To: screwdriver for open eventide time factor power supply

hywelg

No reason not to open the powersupply IMO, if like me the wire coming out of the strain relief had cracked. Very poor design.

Anyway Eventide sent me a new one so there was nothing to be lost by trying to repair the old one. Its easy. You need a small hex drive socket. I got a set of these off ebay. Once you have the screws out, you will need a very sharp flat blade to break the joint, they use some glue but it is easy to part it. I used a sharpened flat scraper but you could use a stanley blade (not still in the handle).

Once you get it apart all the components come out easily. I modded mine so that instead of the moulded strain relief, it had a 2.5mm socket so that I could use any lenght cable, though you'll have to make your own, I couldn't find any pre-made ones.

Note, I fitted two sockets, but you can't power two factors from one supply, you get really bad hum.