- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Anthology X Demo Install Problem Reply To: Anthology X Demo Install Problem

davidg25
Participant
DGillespie wrote:

Hi Dave,

We’ve had a couple reports of this, but we’re still working to run down what, exactly, is causing this error on some peoples machines.  It doesn’t appear to affect the functionality at all, and my understanding is that if you create an Eventide folder in your plug-ins folder before running the installer you shouldn’t see the error.  Please let us know if this is not the case, or if this is still causing problems for you.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan, thanks for your fast reply! 

I have a couple of observations, not sure if they will help or not.  FWIW, I checked permissions on the VST32, VST64, and Avid/Audio/Plug-ins folders. 

On each of them, Owner Creator has _nothing_ listed there in either column (Allow, Deny).  Administrators & System have full permissions with the folder.  Users can ‘read &execute’ and ‘List folder contents.’  The TrustedInstaller only has permission to ‘List folder contents,’ so I don’t know if this is a possible clue or not.  There’s also no listing for Anthology-X under “Programs and Features” (as well as Start Menu Programs), so presumably that may be one of the final steps that isn’t getting completed here as well.

Maybe the TrustedInstaller needs full permission here?  Just a thought.  As soon as I can get time today, I will clear everything, create the Eventide folders myself, and try installing again if that’s your suggestion. 

Also, is there supposed to be an Eventide folder under ‘Program Files’ or ‘Program Files (x86)?’  I do have an Eventide folder under (x86) that was created when I installed my H9 Control app (I don’t see that as being a problem, however).

Thanks again,

dave