- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Modfactor MIDI control with Ground Control Reply To: Modfactor MIDI control with Ground Control

Mr_Clean

Hi, I posted this some weeks ago:
Hi All, I have the Time & Mod Factor and am attempting to use these with my Eclipse in a MIDI setup controlled by a Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro. First up I have no problems selecting programs and controlling the devices over MIDI with this set up. However a suggestion for a future OS??.. The Ground Control has an instant access setup which basically allows dedicated control of a CC. In my case I use it to select bypass and global tap tempo. The problem I have is that when I select CC bypass on the Mod & Time Factor the LED on the Ground Control lights (on status) but the Mod & Time Factor go into "bypass" rather than "on" This is not an uncommon problem with MIDI bypass, however its solved on COOL units like the Eclipse (!) by an in depth MIDI setup function. So suggestion would be can the "polarity" of the MIDI bypass status be switched so the controller and unit are in "sync"? Also, another MIDI feature I would like to see, and its similar to the Eclipse. Can the MIDI Tap Tempo respond to a "global" MIDI channel i.e. lets say the Time & Mod receive on channel 1 & 2 respectively. Can tap be set to say MIDI ch 4 cc1 ? The advantage being only 1 tap tempo cc needs to be assigned to control multiple units on differnet MIDI channels. Thanks