- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount stereo image skew due to unexplained 3-sample extra latency in firewire channel 4 Reply To: stereo image skew due to unexplained 3-sample extra latency in firewire channel 4

jwhiting
Participant

It's no trouble regarding the report's detail. I'm a software engineer myself, albeit in web development and not DSP, so I appreciate specificity in bug reports, too 🙂

As for your question about a possible 4-sample latency, that might be possible if the plugins I'm using in Logic Pro to observe this are not telling me the whole truth. I'm relying on the "sample delay" and "multi-meter" goniometer plugins to measure the issue, but I do need to set the sample delay plugin to "3" in order to get a fully vertical goniometer readout. I've never attempted to measure so precisely at the sample level – there are probably better approaches.

Let me know if there's anything specific you'd like me to test, I'd be happy to be of more help. I also have an ADAT interface on my PC and could connect and test the unit that way if you think this might be firewire specific, though I use firewire as my workhorse via my imac.