- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes My PF and TF are both sending unwanted MIDI messages when the algorithm changes… details Reply To: My PF and TF are both sending unwanted MIDI messages when the algorithm changes… details

brock
Participant
Quote:
a device could be programmed to filter out all but MIDI clock messages… practical?

I wouldn't be in favor of the 'Factor pedals incorporating that kind of 'slash-and-burn' solution.  As for an external device, I'd suggest my favorite go-to MIDI toolkit – one of the MIDI Solutions Event Processors.

I run a fairly complex MIDI routing, and I'm thinking aloud on how this could adversely affect it (assuming that I was changing algorithms in a mission-critical situation).  Start / Stop?  That's usually generated 'upstream".  Active Sensing?  Totally screws up an FCB-1010 pedalboard.  Aftertouch, Pitch Bend, and CC messages?  Most certainly.  Note Offs?  Could be problematic.

The other semi-innocuous messages?  Maybe not so much.  I guess what really bothers me is that – for as often as I have a MIDI monitor up – I've never noticed this before.  Then again, my patch programming sessions are usually isolated from my recording or live situations.