- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Hold down the left footswitch and turn on pitch factor Reply To: Hold down the left footswitch and turn on pitch factor

brock
Participant

Interesting.  It seems that you've stumbled upon an internal hardware testing procedure of Eventide's.  Once in that test mode, the encoder selects the particular type of test, and the left footswitch appears to display the test in progress, or the results of a test after it's been halted.

01 TEST ALL

02 TEST ALL  NF

03 TEST ALL NL

04 MEM ALL

13 SYSTEM RAM

18 DELAY RAM

22 FLASH RAM

31 MIDI PORT TEST

51 ANLG AUDIO

81 FRONT PANEL

82 DISPLAY

91 AUDIO THRU

These tests take a long time to complete.  At least some of them allow your dry audio through (with the occasional decaying high B sine beep blocking that for a moment).  There are a lot of P= E= T= notations; each followed by a numerical value.  PASS – ERROR – TESTED?

I've seen this kind of thing in many synthesizer applications, but I can't recall finding stomp box diagnostics like this.  It's usually triggered by a combination of commands that are unlikely to be hit inadvertently.  Nice find (although I'm not so sure that Eventide would agree).  Perhaps there are read/writes in the processes (or something similar) that shouldn't be interrupted.