- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Another TimeFactor & Modfactor hum in Egnater Rebel 30 effects loop post Reply To: Another TimeFactor & Modfactor hum in Egnater Rebel 30 effects loop post

johnfkiii

Thanks; You're right I do need lots of professional advice,  on a number of issues.  (When did you talk to my wife, BTW?)   

All joking aside, I realize that the question has a technical aspect, but I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem with a buffered effects loop, and what was their solution.  I'm more interested in any advice specifically with setup, as opposed to any technical forensics of the impedance issues-which would be over my head.

Thanks for the suggestion;  there's still noise with the Eventide DC wart.  There's no ground hum when the pedals are put in front of the amp with the rest of my signal chain, while still powered with the Vodoo Lab pedal power 4×4.  (The Pedal Powere 4×4  provides ground isolated DC power for all my pedals.  (Whisper quiet.)) 

I imagine that the hum is the interaction of the internal buffers in the pedal and the buffer in the effects loop.  I was hopping someone had some advice on (1) set-up of the input and output levels, the bypass and the killdry functions, on both pedals,  or (2) if anyone had any success with a specific effects loop buffer or an outboard send-return attenuator like the Ceriatone Klein-ulator.

Thanks