- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Switching from Preset Mode to Play Mode – Timefactor Question Reply To: Switching from Preset Mode to Play Mode – Timefactor Question

EdDrake
Participant

peterjh85:

I tried the catchup method…the sound still does not reflect what the knobs are set at when going back from bank mode to play mode.  I have also tried updating to the beta which does not fix the problem.  Play Mode should always reflect what the knobs are set at and not change values by switching from bank mode to play mode, correct?

No I don't think this is the way it works. Please reread achaput's reply to you:

"The only thing that is different about Bank Mode vs Play Mode is the
functionality of the onboard footswitches. "

He's not saying that in Play mode the sound reflects the knob position, he's saying that in Play mode the footswitches function a little differently than in Bank mode  (you get Active, Repeat and Tap) and the name of the delay type is displayed. Please read page 22 in the manual.

Catchup just means when you move a knob you don't immediately hear the change until the knob reaches the value that is stored then when you move the knob past that point you start hearing the sound change.

Why would you want the sound to reflect the knob position when in Play mode? You could get some really unpredictable results which might be a good thing but also I can see the potential for disaster on a gig. To make the TF usable in Play mode you'd have to double check the position of the knobs to make sure they were in a good spot to get the results you want.

Maybe I don't understand what you're asking.

I hope that makes sense