- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Switching from Preset Mode to Play Mode – Timefactor Question Reply To: Switching from Preset Mode to Play Mode – Timefactor Question

peterjh85

Thanks for the reply Ed!  It just seems intuitive or logical to me to have the sound reflect the knob settings in play mode.  This way you would know where about your parameters are set at.  Essentially you are playing with no idea except for what is being emitted from the amp.  It would be nice to be able to look down and see the settings, for example, if one wanted a hair more feedback or a bit less wet signal.  You could just bend down and adjust the knob, but since the knobs do not reflect the sound how do you know where to adjust from?  It makes for a long and tedious time for making small incremental adjustments – we have no baseline to go from. In a live situation, I would be using presets most of the time anyways, but say I need to switch to play mode from bank mode, it would be nice to know what to expect just by looking at the knobs.

Does that make sense?  I hope you can see the functionality from my stand point now.    I wish Play Mode reflected the knob settings!  Maybe in a future update Eventide will give us the option to set it this way.