- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Factor Pedal Librarian? Reply To: Factor Pedal Librarian?

timothyhill

Hey, Ed! I think you've got some valid points. If ET made peripherals that required a computer to work, like an HP printer does, or software like Visual Studio does, I would agree with you 100%. However, they don't… USB support in the Factor pedals is a convenience, not a requirement, or at least I think so. I mean, all 3 worked right out of the box without ever connecting it to my computer and nobody twisted my arm into updating the firmware or using the librarian software.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, and I really do think you've got some very valid points. If this was the IT industry, I would throw a fit if I was told to just try another PC (although, honestly, I've dealt with a number of hardware vendors, HP and Dell included, that did ask me if the device-in-question was working with different PCs or if the problem was only with one computer).

As far as my experiences in the MI industry, ET's support is better than most. I mean, if more MI companies would take the time to participate in user forums, maybe there wouldn't be so much junk being passed off as high-dollar must-haves down at the corner music store.

Anyway, this is all just my two cents worth, so please don't think it's worth any more than that, ok? 😉 I know you weren't knocking anyone, and I'm not either, just enjoying the discussion.