- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Factor Pedal Librarian? Reply To: Factor Pedal Librarian?

ctc

EdMiddlebrooks:

It sounds to me like the pedal is not communicating TO your computer.

If that were the case, then there might also be a problem with Windows recognizing it as a supported device. Windows reports that this device is connected and working properly.

EdMiddlebrooks:

You probably have an issue with the input on your computer.

okay, I have now plugged the Timefactor into the USB ports on the back of my computer, on the front of the computer, on the protected power supply, and on the computer monitor all with the same results… zip.

EdMiddlebrooks:

I would be troubleshooting my MIDI settings on my computer.

A search of "MIDI" in the Windows help file produces zero results on point. Can you please be more specific in what settings you are referring to?

EdMiddlebrooks:

Since I'm on my Windows 7 64 bit computer at work, and I brought my pedal to work with me to give you some help at lunch,  I'll bring it in and plug it up in a bit.  Maybe we can get this whole thing solved for you.

I don't know what time zone you're in a, I'm not sure when you take lunch, but thanks for the offer!

EdMiddlebrooks:

I DO have software that will let me remote into your computer to check stuff, but won't be able to do that until tonight.

Thanks for the offer, but I would rather leave it at any information that you can provide, and I will do the troubleshooting on my computer myself.