- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Midi control of MF from TF Reply To: Midi control of MF from TF

krcassid

timothyhill:

However, since it seems you're wanting to tap the tempo anyway, as makes perfect sense in live situations, if you use one of the instant access switches on the GCP to do so, you can set both the TF and MF to use that CC as the "tap" switch. That doesn't use MIDI Clock, but it doesn't require merging MIDI, either. In the above scenario, you could run the TF MIDI Out as Thru and the PC and CC messages, which would both originate in the GCP, would simply be passed along to the MF.

s

OK.  You can put the "stupid" stamp on my forehead!  I hadn't even considered using GCP for Tap via instant access button!  It means giving up 10 presets/ bank but I think this will be worth it given the ability to centralize tap in one device via CC.

I'm just recovering from several years of "Axediction" where I had been using MFC with Axe Ultra as the core controller.  Now, GCP is the central controller and MFC controls only Axe functions.  So, I am still working out all the midi implications.  I was making this WAY more complicated than I had to.

Thx Tim!  Sometimes, you really need somebody who hasn't got their mind stuck to show you the obvious.  I think using tap on GCP changes my whole flow and will make everything easier. It is the obvious solution.  I just didn't even consider it!