I thought to add something for the benefit of others who might have the problem that I have had. As I mentioned, I had no problems updating the firmware on my Modfactor or Timefactor today. I finally got the Pitchfactor to succeed in an update on the 20th or so try. I gave it a rest after about 19 or so failures, and it did then get all the way though the update firmware write on the last attempt. On the prior failed attempts, I would get a "flash write memory error" at varying %'s of completion. Jerome thought that perhaps an electrical spike on my first update attempt caused the problem. Everything works now, but I want to do an upgrade again before my warranty runs out, to assure myself that this was only a random occurrence, and not a hardware issue.