- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Ultimate P/T/MFactor control with Musicomlab MKIII Reply To: Ultimate P/T/MFactor control with Musicomlab MKIII

badmelonfarmer
Participant

OhSoInsane:

Wow really apprecaite the reply and diagram dude. Very Helpful

I see. So what you are saying is that the Factor Pedal (Time Source) will be set to XMT that would send out tempo and expression pedal changes to the other 2/3 factors?

What do you recommend/have for the Splitter and Merger?

No worries, happy to help.

Yes the first Factor acts as the TimeSource for MIDICLOCK, so you set the tempo on that via MIDI from the controller or on the Factor box and the other units will sync with that.

You have to use a splitter and a merger function as you can set the MIDI output connector on the Factors to OUT or THRU (OUT will not send out what was sent to the device only what it wants to send so it would not pass on the controller MIDI commands) (THRU will do the oposite and only send on the MIDI commands from the controller and not any MIDI data from that device eg MIDI Timeclock)

For MIDI splitters and mergers, I have used MIDIsolutions (no affiliation) http://www.midisolutions.com/prodmrg.htm

You should also be able to use an M-Audio MIDISport 2×2 anniversary edition as it  has a merge function button on it, I have not tried it for exactly this scenario, but I did use it for something very similar for the Axe-FX / Eclipse / computer integration.

It would look like this……

hope that helps