- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes My PF and TF are both sending unwanted MIDI messages when the algorithm changes… details Reply To: My PF and TF are both sending unwanted MIDI messages when the algorithm changes… details

brock
Participant

No need for me to repeat the "PF straight out to MIDI monitor" test (see reply above). 

I hooked a MIDI cable directly from the PF's OUT/THRU to the MIDI IN of an ancient drum machine [Yamaha RX-7].  A few spins of the encoder, and a START message kicks in the drum pattern.  I went in to the PF system settings, left the OUTPUT on THRU, and set both the CLK IN and CLK OUT to OFF.  I still got a START message to kick in the the drum machine.  I went through a few dozen variations on that theme.

You have to have a MIDI cable inserted in the PitchFactor's MIDI In jack to reproduce this, and I believe that a MIDI clock signal also has to be present on it (whatever the PF system clock settings are set to).  The corrupted clock theory is gaining credibility, but it's not just a Windows problem.

I think that's enough wear-and-tear on the encoder knob for one evening.