- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes My PF and TF are both sending unwanted MIDI messages when the algorithm changes… details Reply To: My PF and TF are both sending unwanted MIDI messages when the algorithm changes… details

feralchild

Thanks again for your time Nick (my first name is Josh, by the way, pleased to meet you). I'm surprised that you haven't been able to replicate it yet. May I suggest that you try setting the tempo higher? This might increase the likelihood of a corrupted interrupted clock signal (I was using around 110-120).

nickrose:

Another possibility is that some MIDI systems can't handle a
MIDIclock being inserted in the middle of another MIDI message

Is it significant, however In my testing, there were no other messages present in the signal? Only MIDICLOCK was in use.

nickrose:

Mr Feral gets this problem with TF set to MIDI THRU and an external MIDICLOCK source would appear to back this up (please let me know if I misunderstood this last point).

Actually, to clarify, when I was using an external clock source, it was the other 'Factor pedal.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the stability of the clock messages generated by the 'Factors. The problem seems to occur when the algorithm changes at the exact moment when a clock message is sent.

Basically, what I was saying was, if MIDICLOCK is being generated by OR passed through the 'Factor when ITS algorithm changes, the issue can occur. Or so it would seem, to me.

Hope this helps…