Home › Forums › Products › Stompboxes › ModFactor draws 1200mamps ….. PowerFactor delivers 400mamps….. How do they interact together….??? › Reply To: ModFactor draws 1200mamps ….. PowerFactor delivers 400mamps….. How do they interact together….???
Please look at the many previous posts on this subject. Sigh.
Or, to save you the trouble .. the spec sheet correctly says that the Power Supply is (over)rated at 1200mA – this is to ensure cool running, long life, and reliable operation at low line voltages. The units themselves typically take 300-500mA, depending on voltage. This would suggest that your Rocktron power supply might do it. Some things to note:
1) Damage caused by non-Eventide power supplies is not covered by the warranty.We neither recommend nor support the use of non-Eventide power supplies.
2) Incorrect operation caused by non-Eventide power supplies is not covered by the warranty.
3) Some switching supplies can add noise or buzz to the output.
4) Any supply over 9V MUST be regulated, otherwise it is likely to cause damage.
5) Running multiple units from one supply can create ground loops and cause great HUM !!