- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Connect MIDI Device to Eventide Device: How to? Reply To: Connect MIDI Device to Eventide Device: How to?

JCR
Participant

gkellum:

Yes, when you leave H9 Control and go to the forScore app, H9 Control quits.  So, it's no longer listening for MIDI messages from forScore and sending them to the H9.  We intentionally disabled background operation for H9 Control because it was causing strange bugs and there didn't seem to be much reason to enable it since H9 Control starts very quickly.  I guess I'll have to take another look at enabling background operation to see if I can figure out where the problems I saw were coming from.

Is there an update in the make that enables H9 control to operate in the background. It would solve my problem on iOS 8.1. Is it an idea to have a separate basic (driver) app just to enable  iOS coreMIDI apps to connect to H9? Something like the new mi.1 connect app for the mi.1 wireless midi connect device.

gkellum:

Hm.  It works fine on my Mac, but I don't think I ever tried it on Windows. I'll have to see if I can reproduce the problems you experienced.

Any luck on the Windows platform? My Windows H9 control does crash every time when controlled by external midi commands. I am using the latest H9 Control versions on Windows and iOS.