Home › Forums › Products › Stompboxes › Adding a Swell/Volume pedal function › Reply To: Adding a Swell/Volume pedal function
OK – we've given this some thought and listened to your suggestions and this is our current thinking:
1) There will be system parameters for MIDI control of InSwell and OutSwell. Aux switch control will NOT be supported (on/off only – not very useful).
2) There will be parameters to enable/disable Expression pedal control of InSwell and OutSwell. These can be saved either with each preset or globally, depending on new settings on the Global menu in system mode. When Expression pedal is enabled, any pedal controlled parameters will also be controlled.
3) The hardest part – how to control the parameters in (2). We're a bit short of spare controls on the pedals, AND we want them to work the same way on both H9 and Factors – this means we can use neither middle switch nor HotKnob. Sorry. This is a bit fiddly, but we can't think of a better way – it does at least simplify gain setting on H9.
Our best effort for this is to change the way the current gain settings work. If you press and hold the left switch, it will go to Active mode and bring up the current Preset Outgain value, which you can adjust with the encoder.
H9 Only. Pressing and holding the encoder will bring up Input Gain value, which you can adjust with the encoder.
Pressing and holding the encoder again will bring up InSwell, which you can enable/disable with the encoder.
Pressing and holding the encoder again will bring up OutSwell, which you can enable/disable with the encoder.
Pressing and holding the encoder again will return to Preset Outgain.
After 5 seconds of no changes, or if any other switch is pressed, the unit will return to normal, restoring the prior Active/Bypass state.
Some new additional details:
1) If global is ON, the swell will be always enabled. If it is off, it is enabled on a preset by preset basis as described above.Show More...
2) If global is off, the swell will be reset to full level on loading a preset with swell disabled.