- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9: Jumpy MIDI response Reply To: H9: Jumpy MIDI response

jmargulies
Participant

hi nick

i certainly understand that take on the situation, but are we really sure that this is a design limitation of the H9?

MIDI is a technology from 1983, designed with the processors of the day in mind and super-low resolution to match. 128 steps is comically low for this day and age! as we all know, in 1983 terms, the phone in my pocket is a supercomputer. 

i'm not saying all this just to be difficult–it's just really hard for me to wrap my head around the H9 being such a poor performer when compared to the synthesizers, effects, ipads, you-name-it, that i have handy. if this was a stompbox from 20 or 30 years ago, or if I was talking about pummeling it with 20 channels of busy automation from a DAW, i'd let it go and get on with my life. 

if this issue is indeed a design limitation of the H9, it's obviously a disappointment. this means that over MIDI, algorithms like PitchFlex are basically useless, and many other expression-based effects are challenged at best. 

thanks and all best!

j