- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Updated forum problems Reply To: Updated forum problems

KCStratman
Participant

Ms. Sanchez, thank you for your response. I should stipulate that I am a loyal Eventide customer and continue to use several units weekly. If I did not care about actually owning and using Eventide products, I would not be here making these comments. Perhaps I should not let the conspicuous rudeness of one – supposedly senior – staff member sully the good efforts of all the others. In fact, all Eventide employees I have worked with – except the one – have been polite, friendly, helpful, and professional, but one bad apple is all it takes to spoil the pie, particularly when he is allowed to be a spokesperson for the company as a whole. I am not the only customer who has pointed out that there never seems to be a sharp, consistant, well spoken manager in charge, but only loosely associated staffers who chime in haphazardly and often with conflicting information. Without really well focussed direction from the top, it is unlikely to achieve good results on the ground.

‘As regards marketing the H9 in general, there is no substitute for human beings walking into every appropriate retailer in person every month in every region of the country to demonstrate the product, hold clinics and seminars, train and educate sales staff to be able to successfully sell such a complex and setup-intensive device. No amount of youtube videos and sporadic website videos can substitute for getting the product in front of buyers with a fellow human being showing them through all the many labyrinthine compexities involved in its setup and use. Unless there are at least four top notch full time marketing representatives similar to Alan who call on locations throughout the nation and hold clinics, etc. on a weekly basis, then there simply are not sufficient resources and priority placed on marketing. Purposely establishing a “hub” dealer in a neglected market area like the Midwest US who holds a minimum number of clinics each quarter with a “factory certified” trainer, then springboards to other locations in the region bi-monthly could be one fruitful approach. The tendency of high-tech companies to only consider high-tech online methods of communication and interaction with their customers can seriously neglect the importance of live human interaction in getting customers and keeping them.

Better marketing planning and good up front communication with the customer base, rather than sporadic, late-breaking-development-suddenly-released-still-somewhat -incomplete would be a good start. Thanks for listening and I will look forward to speaking with you at length.