- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Some real world practical advice please… Reply To: Some real world practical advice please…

lmlyons
Participant

It might be a bit costly, but it could very well be a solution that will pay for itself time and time again.  

I use a Ground Control Pro – along with a set of GCU’s that put all of my effects at the amps – which shortens the cable runs a lot, and allow me to setup so that I can queue up a song set of presets, and assign buttons which in turn commands 8 set of effects at a time.  There are other really good companies out there that supply this kind of stuff – you would do well to comparison shop if you are so inclined..    

So – I might create a program for  ‘A Song for y’all’.  In that patch, I set H9 number one to a chorus effect, and H9 number 2 to a reverb effect.  That button for that song might be for the verse.  Then button two sets H9 number one to a phase effect and H9 number 2 to a space echo.  That button for that song might be for chorus.  Then button three might be set for solo part one to turn on H9 number one to pitch bend – along with assigning my expression pedal one the duty to pitch bend, H9 number two is set to a leslie effect and assigns expression pedal number two the duty to speed up or slow down the rotation.  Then button four sets H9 number one to pass through and H9 number two to a hall reverb..   And then I create another patch for the next song, and so on.  What is nice is that GCU unit, it contronls the on and off of other pedals – I keep a rack drawer full of them and change them out when I want to.  No pedal board in front of me – ALL pedals are at the amps.  I’m just sending MIDI comands from pedal board.    

I keep MIDI dumps to put song patches in the exact order of the night I am playing – but, you don’t need to do that.  Its pretty easy to flip through the patch “song list” and call up what I need at any time.    I also have a jamb or what I call a recording configuration where I assign the top 8 buttons to turn on and off the other pedals, and the bottom four buttons to set each H9 to the patch I would want for that moment. Theres an UP DOWN selector that rotates through the different patches for the H9’s.

All in all – it keeps my hands on the neck, and head in the performance.    Hope that might have helped.