- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9 pre/post upgrade query Reply To: H9 pre/post upgrade query

gkellum
Participant
bigtim wrote:

Is is me or has the shimmer algorithm got 'quieter' since the update?  Before the update I was blown away with the shimmer and how it floated seperately from the 'dry' tone.  Since the upgrade it seems to have gotten quieter and more lost in the mix?  (I remember an issue a few years ago when fractal audoi relaeased one of their many updates and amongst the sheep one lone voice said hey it sounds worse.  Several weeks later Fractal said hey you're right we screwed up :)) 

Well, we could A/B it against the previous version to see if we notice any change in the way that the presets sound.  We didn't intentionally make any changes in the latest release that would affect Shimmer, but it's possible we might have unintentionally done something to affect it.  You noticed the change going from the previous H9 release to the current release or were you comparing it to Shimmer on Space?  What exactly is it that we should be A/B-ing?